• Feb 2005

Mason to Ravens

Per Ravens website
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Are you from ESPN?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

On the first day of free agency, the Ravens filled one of their longest-standing needs.

The Ravens and two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Derrick Mason agreed in principle to a multi-year deal Wednesday, giving Baltimore the big-play wideout it has lacked for years.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome announced the deal at a Wednesday afternoon press conference.

Although Mason has eight years of NFL experience under his belt, he is a relatively young 31 years old.

Mason was primarily a kick returner for the first three years of his career, but since joining the Titans’ starting lineup in 2000, his production increased in each of the last five seasons.

He caught 63 passes in 2000, 73 in 2001, 79 in 2002, 95 in 2003 and 96 last year. More importantly, Mason has averaged 13.5 yards per catch throughout his career and has 37 touchdown receptions.

Furthermore, the Ravens believe Mason’s presence in the locker room is important as his production on the field. The team has a group of talented but relatively inexperienced receivers, and Baltimore thinks Mason can help them develop.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Are you from ESPN?
        Yup
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Welcome to the zone!! Its been a while how've you been?
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• STAMPY
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

great pick up

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

Welcome to the zone!! Its been a while how've you been?
              Its getting pretty lame over there. Borumir all he does is right novels over there when he disagrees with something so I decided to come on over here and check it out.

How long have you been here?
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by STAMPY
                great pick up
                Couldn't agree more. Mason is a very underrated WR. He is a consistant WR despite McNair moving in and out of the lineup. This is 1 of the few weaknesses the Ravens have and defintely the biggest hole. Depending on the price I think it was a good move.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                  Its getting pretty lame over there. Borumir all he does is right novels over there when he disagrees with something so I decided to come on over here and check it out.

How long have you been here?

Ive been posting here fulltime since august. Cherny recruited me. Its much better over here kind of clicky but if you give it time you'll fit right in.
                  It was all

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Ive been posting here fulltime since august. Cherny recruited me. Its much better over here kind of clicky but if you give it time you'll fit right in.
                    Yeah I heard from Crimm that Cherny was over here and thats why I gave it a shot. Anything is an upgrade over that crappy board over on ESPN.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Welcome aboard User.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        Welcome aboard User.
                        Thanks alot
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                          • Jul 2002

Welcome!

Word of advise: Don't talk to Mr. Miyagi. He is known to try to lure you to his car with promises of candy and funny stories.
                          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                            Welcome!

Word of advise: Don't talk to Mr. Miyagi. He is known to try to lure you to his car with promises of candy and funny stories.
                            Did you say something? Sorry kept staring at the Jessica Alba clip.
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                              Did you say something? Sorry kept staring at the Jessica Alba clip.

I know...that move she does is so lethal it should be illegal.

Welcome to the Zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X