X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Payne Sets Market for DTs

As Houston moved closer to a deal with Bills defensive tackle Pat Williams to be their nose tackle, current Texans nose tackle Seth Payne got word of potentially losing his job and quickly signed a deal.

Payne, 30, agreed to a four-year, $16 million contract that includes a $4.5 million signing bonus. Payne battled a knee injury last year, but still started 12 games and played 53 percent of downs.
    Based on that I'd imagine Williams is looking for a deal around $5mil a year over 4 years.

Thats the first we heard of the Texans closing in on Williams. They probably just used the idea of Williams on Payne so that Payne would accept less. Very sneaky on their part.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

payne is from the rochester area. this just sucks that everyone else is signing and we have done nothing.
    "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Billsouth
      payne is from the rochester area. this just sucks that everyone else is signing and we have done nothing.
      Played high school ball at Victor.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

I could handle that contract for Williams but no more then that.

With a backloaded contract we could have him for 2 years for around 3 million per season before it would jump to 5-6 million.

Comment

Working...
        X