PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget Price

Philagape
03-02-2005, 07:06 PM
From the AP wire:

(Marcus) Price, a seven-year veteran, proved to be a dependable backup in three seasons with the Bills, appearing in 47 games, 10 as a starter.
Price's agent Jordan Feagan said Wednesday he was surprised the Bills
failed to make his client an offer prior to Tuesday's deadline.
"I haven't talked to Buffalo at all," Feagan said. "I'm a little surprised
that Buffalo hasn't been more aggressive about re-signing him. But that's
their business."

:mad:

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 07:10 PM
that bothers me..Price has been a solid fill-in when called upon..Is Dylan McFarland ready to be our 3rd OT?

ddaryl
03-02-2005, 07:12 PM
There isn't much to hurry on Price. If he gets a deal that large enough were not going to match it.

If he doesn't get much action then the Bills can sign him cheap

Michael82
03-02-2005, 07:14 PM
There isn't much to hurry on Price. If he gets a deal that large enough were not going to match it.

If he doesn't get much action then the Bills can sign him cheap
EXACTLY! :D

Philagape
03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't be as concerned if JJ weren't leaving, but since he is, I don't want to take ANY chances

Dozerdog
03-02-2005, 07:58 PM
This bothers me- WTF kind of agent waits - staring at the phone- and doesn't call the Bills?

If you were an agent, and your guy's deal is up- don't you pick up the phone and talk to the GM? Ever?

I don't buy it

Romes
03-02-2005, 08:04 PM
This bothers me- WTF kind of agent waits - staring at the phone- and doesn't call the Bills?

If you were an agent, and your guy's deal is up- don't you pick up the phone and talk to the GM? Ever?

I don't buy it

Exactly!

And if I were a player and I wanted to return to my old team I'd tell my agent, "Hey, I want to play for this team. send them a preliminary offer to start the discussion going. Don't sit on your ass and wait for them to do something."

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-03-2005, 08:17 AM
I think we gotta grab Price soon....he is too valuable per dollar to let him slip away.....

Bulldog
03-03-2005, 08:20 AM
I don't understand why Price can't start for Buffalo. Seems like he did fine replacing Jennings every other game. How old is Price?

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah, that's just it. I think Price is an excellent backup, but not good enough to start. I think the Bills realize this and probably want to bring him back, but at a cheap price. It's probably a gamble worth taking. After all, Price isn't a hot commodity and no one is eyeing him to start on their roster.

I'm telling you...TD knows what he's doing!

G. Host
03-03-2005, 06:48 PM

I don't buy it

Neither do I unless Price had some issues (he originally wanted to start and he ended up backing up Jennings without much chance to compete) the Bills would not address. If he was looking for starting money without starting guarentee.