PDA

View Full Version : Wahle and Panthers very close to deal

Canadian'eh!
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
sportline.com (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8246250)

oops... options are getting thinner.

Iehoshua
03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
sportline.com (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8246250)

oops... options are getting thinner.

F***! :mad: :curse:

WAKE THE HELL UP TD! THROW US A BONE HERE!

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Chill out. We were never going to look at Wahle anyway.

Oliver Ross here we come.

Mahdi
03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
We need a LT and a LG ,,,,,there isnt much left out there.

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
would have been nice to have him.. but he will probably me the most expensive guy out there.

Ickybaluky
03-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Who is playing LT for you guys, Mike Williams? I would think the Bills will try to finish off a deal for Shelton or re-sign Marcus Price. LT is not a good spot to be suspect, as that is usually where the top pass-rushers are coming from.

Dozerdog
03-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Jennings was the LT, Mike Williams the RT. The option of moving Williams to the LT spot is still there.

Kerr
03-03-2005, 12:15 AM
So much for that. Mediocre here we go.

ryjam282
03-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Damn, I was hoping we could have made some kind of run at him.

don137
03-03-2005, 07:18 AM
All the paper said today here in Charlotte is he flew into Charlotte on Wednesday. It didn't appear like it was a done deal...He would work on the right side since the Panthers left side is all set.

Jan Reimers
03-03-2005, 08:25 AM
We need a LT and a LG ,,,,,there isnt much left out there.
I like Bennie Anderson. Certainly not the big name that we all drool over, but a 28 year old that has started 56 games at OG for the Ravens. He's a 6'-5", 345 lb. road grader, perfect for a power running attack, and probably in our price range.

He's the kind of guy we need to look at - not a big name with fading skills, but relatively young, affordable, and a useful guy in the right situation.

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 09:28 AM
You guys are still thinking to FA while TD might be looking to the draft for this. Center and OG are deep positions besides RB this year. What if we get a C in Rd 2 and an OG in Rd 3? Would that ease some of the people's worries here? Getting a Center means Teague is also freed up to go back to LT where he is probably more physically suited to play. Bannan was looking to move to the O-line last year and played well the few times he was in. He will probably be a solid backup like Marcus Price and maybe even challenge to start. And then Jason Peters will fill in any remaining holes and also backup at QB, DT, and S. :funny: Actually, in all honesty, I think they should use him alternatively as TE backup also, but that's up to MM.

I'm actually glad that most teams signed T during FA period. That means less teams will be drafting them come draft day. Imagine if we could get Baas or some top notch O-linemen like that??? Right now, I think there are few teams that will draft O-linemen in early rounds!!! And that bodes well for us!

don137
03-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Heard on the radio here in Charlotte that there is a press conference later and they are expected to announce the signing of Mike Wahle

Sportsuser101
03-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Mike Wahle and Ken Lucas are Panthers

Lucas, Manning and Gamble? Not bad.

Mr. Cynical
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
You guys are still thinking to FA while TD might be looking to the draft for this. Center and OG are deep positions besides RB this year. What if we get a C in Rd 2 and an OG in Rd 3? Would that ease some of the people's worries here? Getting a Center means Teague is also freed up to go back to LT where he is probably more physically suited to play. Bannan was looking to move to the O-line last year and played well the few times he was in. He will probably be a solid backup like Marcus Price and maybe even challenge to start. And then Jason Peters will fill in any remaining holes and also backup at QB, DT, and S. :funny: Actually, in all honesty, I think they should use him alternatively as TE backup also, but that's up to MM.

I'm actually glad that most teams signed T during FA period. That means less teams will be drafting them come draft day. Imagine if we could get Baas or some top notch O-linemen like that??? Right now, I think there are few teams that will draft O-linemen in early rounds!!! And that bodes well for us!
Good points.

EDS
03-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Good points.

These past few days I feel like I have been reading the "Bizzaro Billszone." Mr. Cynical is the most positive guy around right now.