PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Bills?

kwharter
03-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Are the Bills going to do anything this offseason or are they just going to sit around? :question: Or are the Bills just going to sleep :snooze: around and let everybody go and expect the team to keep up the same perforance as they did last year although with less talent. I mean there is so much that we do need and they have not done anything to show that the they are trying to make this team better. I mean losing Pat Williams is huge. Him and Sam Adams just plugged up the middle and now they expect Ron Edwards to do the same as Pat Williams. Also are they going to do anything with Travis Henry, I mean is he or is he not going to be traded. The Bills hopefully will do something huge within the next couple of days.

BillsFever21
03-02-2005, 09:46 PM
It's the first day of FA.

Them Redskins have gotten pretty far by jumping out of the gates and signing guys to overpriced contracts the last 4 years haven't they?

You don't sign guys for the sake of signing somebody. If there's nobody out there worthy of your price range then you wait.

ddaryl
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Doom and Gloom

The Patriots became champions by depending on their own players and knowing when to cut ties with over priced vets.

PW and JJ both got paid much more then the Bills were willing to spend and for good reason. We would be in cap hell if we try to match those contracts

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Doom and Gloom

The Patriots became champions by depending on their own players and knowing when to cut ties with over priced vets.

PW and JJ both got paid much more then the Bills were willing to spend and for good reason. We would be in cap hell if we try to match those contracts

Yeah, we all saw how much the loss of Damien Woody meant to that offensive line, and how without Ty Law at CB they were extremely vulnerable.

I agree that there is plenty of time.

kwharter
03-02-2005, 10:00 PM
I do understand that the Bills could not afford those contracts but what I am saying is that they could get players to replace them. I also believe that the Bills should release Prielou and seek other interests for Travis Henry. There are several other teams out there that need a good running back. How about the Raiders, Bears, Buccaneers, and 49ers, I am sure they are in need of a running back. Why not go and see what we can get from them?

BillsFever21
03-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I do understand that the Bills could not afford those contracts but what I am saying is that they could get players to replace them. I also believe that the Bills should release Prielou and seek other interests for Travis Henry. There are several other teams out there that need a good running back. How about the Raiders, Bears, Buccaneers, and 49ers, I am sure they are in need of a running back. Why not go and see what we can get from them?
The Bears don't need a RB. They have Thomas Jones.

BuffaloBlakely14
03-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I agree this is frustrating, but part of being a fan is being confident in the entire organization. Those contracts for PW and JJ are ridiculous. We have to make sure we are still in good shape capwise. Have faith in TD and that he knows what he is doing. He is one of the GMs out there that loves making noise, making his fans excited, and he seems to always have something going on and something up his sleeve, he is an incredibly smart GM. While this is all frustrating watching other teams unwrap their new toys, our time will come and something will happen. Remember just because we have not heard about it on a rumor mill somewhere does not mean something is not happening. Remember I believe we were one of the only teams to not attend the Willis McGahee workout in Miami. He now is our superstar.

Bills 4 life
03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
TYRONE WHEATLEY BACKUP?

tampabay25690
03-02-2005, 11:14 PM
So the 1st day in Free agency the Bills are suppose to just go out and spend $$ and sign people right!!!!!!!

Give it time and we will be fine, I am so glad we didnt pay the $$ Pat Williams and JJ got ....

Sportsuser101
03-02-2005, 11:17 PM
So the 1st day in Free agency the Bills are suppose to just go out and spend $$ and sign people right!!!!!!!

Give it time and we will be fine, I am so glad we didnt pay the $$ Pat Williams and JJ got ....
Amen to that.

Dozerdog
03-03-2005, 12:11 AM
$50 million to retain those guys.......no thanks

Mahdi
03-03-2005, 12:26 AM
I agree that you shouldnt just sign guys for the sake of it,,,,but options are limited and getting slimmer....the best guards and LT are pretty much gone or close to it, Cards trade doesnt look likely and Oakland looks like they are going with Lamont Jordan. As it stands right now, both our lines were downgraded and it doesnt look like theres too many options. I hope TD has something good planned.