• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Countdown until Empire is officially off the air

more days until Empire is

Thank you for your many loyal years of viewership. Empire Sports Network will
    sign off on
    March 7th, 2005
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

DirecTv is great. Had the NFL Network since its inception. Defintely great for the offseason.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

I can't have a dish because i have a condo and the %*##@ homac won't allow so i have adelphia.
      Details on adelphia getting NFL network please...............
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Sippio, you should look into the government laws. Condo's or Home Owners Associations can't tell you that you can't have a dish up on your house. The only thing they can tell you is to "try" and make it as inconspicuous as you can. Trust mme, I went through that whole thing with my HOA people until they looked up the laws and then they let me do it.....NFL Network rules man, you should definitely have it.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I watched the St. Bona special with Bob Lanier last night.

I'll miss Empire.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
            • Jul 2002

The only good thing about Empire was seeing the Sabres. Without hockey, I won't miss Empire a bit.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              • May 2004

Yeah, Empire could have been a lot better....I have to say I won't miss it either.
              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
              --Leo Durocher

Comment

• ExWNYer
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                DirecTv is great. Had the NFL Network since its inception. Defintely great for the offseason.
                Any idea what will be on channel 626 (DirecTV)? I can't imagine that the NFL Network will be there when it's already on channel 212.
                For those of you that won't miss 'Empire', it was a Godsend for us out-of-towners. The recent life support version was awful but when Howard Simon was still on and shows like 'Fan TV' and the 'Empire Sports Report' were on it was great! When (if?) the NHL finally comes back, I will miss 'Hockey Hotline' and Sabres coverage.
                "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I will miss hockey hotline the most...That show was awesome...Great way to wind down an evening after a game at the barn...

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sippio
                    I can't have a dish because i have a condo and the %*##@ homac won't allow so i have adelphia.
                    Details on adelphia getting NFL network please...............
                    here you go
                    We have it in the WNY area with Adelphia as part of the digital package.
                    After the Empire Sports Network goes in March, they are
                    moving it to expanded analog basic on channel 25. Currently it is on
                    digital channel 174.

Adelphia is doing this so they do not have to add Fox Sports New York as
                    Empire's replacement.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                      • Mar 2003

Are sabres games even going to be on TV anymore? I heard something about showing them on MSG. That would blow. I would think that Isles and Rangers would have priority. No more hockey hotline - best and only hockey call in show. What about Rick Gennerette? Will we be hearing him anywhere but the radio?
                      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ExWNYer
                        Any idea what will be on channel 626 (DirecTV)? I can't imagine that the NFL Network will be there when it's already on channel 212.
                        For those of you that won't miss 'Empire', it was a Godsend for us out-of-towners. The recent life support version was awful but when Howard Simon was still on and shows like 'Fan TV' and the 'Empire Sports Report' were on it was great! When (if?) the NHL finally comes back, I will miss 'Hockey Hotline' and Sabres coverage.
                        Yeah I liked Empire when the had the HS show on. Especially last offseason. I think channel 626 will just be empty and they'll just get rid of the channel.
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• chubluv
                          BillsZone bowling team MVP
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                          Are sabres games even going to be on TV anymore? I heard something about showing them on MSG. That would blow. I would think that Isles and Rangers would have priority. No more hockey hotline - best and only hockey call in show. What about Rick Gennerette? Will we be hearing him anywhere but the radio?

We here in the local WNY area never saw to many Ranger or Islanders games unless they were rebroadcast at midnight. Therefore the Sabres games will not be a problem for MSG programming. While the NYR & NYI were on we usually got crap stuff on MSG to watch anyways. As for Hockey Hotline or any other kind of postgame show I havent heard anything about it.

We are in 5th place
                          Clump is on the IR
                          Chubluv average is 167
                          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                          Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

So what is there to watch on the NFL Network in March with the combine all over with? Nice timing, Adelphia.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              So what is there to watch on the NFL Network in March with the combine all over with? Nice timing, Adelphia.
                              Ton of draft info. They scout all the college players. Show projections. Interview scouts and college coaches etc etc. Interesting stuff. Late March they go to Hawaii for the owner meetings and thats kind boring because they talk about the rules and basically talk with the coaches and owners.
                              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                              X