BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-03-2005, 12:11 AM
:5: more days until Empire is :offair::clap::bf1:

Thank you for your many loyal years of viewership. Empire Sports Network will

sign off on

March 7th, 2005

Sportsuser101
03-03-2005, 12:19 AM
DirecTv is great. Had the NFL Network since its inception. Defintely great for the offseason.

Marvelous
03-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I can't have a dish because i have a condo and the %*##@ homac won't allow so i have adelphia.
Details on adelphia getting NFL network please............... :nervous:

ryjam282
03-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Sippio, you should look into the government laws. Condo's or Home Owners Associations can't tell you that you can't have a dish up on your house. The only thing they can tell you is to "try" and make it as inconspicuous as you can. Trust mme, I went through that whole thing with my HOA people until they looked up the laws and then they let me do it.....NFL Network rules man, you should definitely have it.

Earthquake Enyart
03-03-2005, 07:33 AM
I watched the St. Bona special with Bob Lanier last night.

I'll miss Empire. :ill:

Sabre Ally
03-03-2005, 07:38 AM
The only good thing about Empire was seeing the Sabres. Without hockey, I won't miss Empire a bit.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah, Empire could have been a lot better....I have to say I won't miss it either.

ExWNYer
03-03-2005, 08:49 AM
DirecTv is great. Had the NFL Network since its inception. Defintely great for the offseason.

Any idea what will be on channel 626 (DirecTV)? I can't imagine that the NFL Network will be there when it's already on channel 212.
For those of you that won't miss 'Empire', it was a Godsend for us out-of-towners. The recent life support version was awful but when Howard Simon was still on and shows like 'Fan TV' and the 'Empire Sports Report' were on it was great! When (if?) the NHL finally comes back, I will miss 'Hockey Hotline' and Sabres coverage.

don137
03-03-2005, 09:05 AM
I will miss hockey hotline the most...That show was awesome...Great way to wind down an evening after a game at the barn...

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I can't have a dish because i have a condo and the %*##@ homac won't allow so i have adelphia.
Details on adelphia getting NFL network please............... :nervous:

here you go
We have it in the WNY area with Adelphia as part of the digital package.
After the Empire Sports Network goes :offair:in March, they are
moving it to expanded analog basic on channel 25. Currently it is on
digital channel 174.

Adelphia is doing this so they do not have to add Fox Sports New York as
Empire's replacement.

BuffaloRanger
03-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Are sabres games even going to be on TV anymore? I heard something about showing them on MSG. That would blow. I would think that Isles and Rangers would have priority. No more hockey hotline - best and only hockey call in show. What about Rick Gennerette? Will we be hearing him anywhere but the radio?

Sportsuser101
03-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Any idea what will be on channel 626 (DirecTV)? I can't imagine that the NFL Network will be there when it's already on channel 212.
For those of you that won't miss 'Empire', it was a Godsend for us out-of-towners. The recent life support version was awful but when Howard Simon was still on and shows like 'Fan TV' and the 'Empire Sports Report' were on it was great! When (if?) the NHL finally comes back, I will miss 'Hockey Hotline' and Sabres coverage.
Yeah I liked Empire when the had the HS show on. Especially last offseason. I think channel 626 will just be empty and they'll just get rid of the channel.

chubluv
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Are sabres games even going to be on TV anymore? I heard something about showing them on MSG. That would blow. I would think that Isles and Rangers would have priority. No more hockey hotline - best and only hockey call in show. What about Rick Gennerette? Will we be hearing him anywhere but the radio?

We here in the local WNY area never saw to many Ranger or Islanders games unless they were rebroadcast at midnight. Therefore the Sabres games will not be a problem for MSG programming. While the NYR & NYI were on we usually got crap stuff on MSG to watch anyways. As for Hockey Hotline or any other kind of postgame show I havent heard anything about it.

TigerJ
03-03-2005, 12:28 PM
So what is there to watch on the NFL Network in March with the combine all over with? Nice timing, Adelphia.

Sportsuser101
03-03-2005, 01:02 PM
So what is there to watch on the NFL Network in March with the combine all over with? Nice timing, Adelphia.
Ton of draft info. They scout all the college players. Show projections. Interview scouts and college coaches etc etc. Interesting stuff. Late March they go to Hawaii for the owner meetings and thats kind boring because they talk about the rules and basically talk with the coaches and owners.

Earthquake Enyart
03-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I used to think like you but there is almost always something interesting on.

It is kind of funny how all the Buffalo people say Empire blows but the out of town people all loved it as one of our few ties back to WNY.

Demon
03-03-2005, 02:23 PM
I have no more Empire and i'm not even getting the NFL Channel......... :(