PDA

View Full Version : Losman to speak today...

Italian Stallion
03-03-2005, 09:40 AM
It's on the front of BB.Com.....Losman will speak mid-day today about his promotion to starting QB....

footballhottie
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
thats awesome

Romes
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
even though he won't address it, I wonder how he really feels about losing the guy that will protect his blind side. It can't be comforting as a QB to know we have no half-way decent LT as of now.

BuffaloRanger
03-03-2005, 10:55 AM
I hope he picks up defenses faster than he picks up public speaking. He only needed what, 2 weeks of prep time for this fluff press conference?

R. Rich
03-03-2005, 10:58 AM
You mean he's really going to talk today? Really?

Romes
03-03-2005, 11:10 AM
The Losman audio is up.

www.buffalobills.com

I can't listen at work. Can someone post some notes?

Bulldog
03-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I hope he picks up defenses faster than he picks up public speaking. He only needed what, 2 weeks of prep time for this fluff press conference?

Somebody needs a nap!

mybills
03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Excited to be here.
Loves the fan & community support.
Trying to get his leg back to 100%
Looking forward to starting and being a key level player, after having to step back when the team was Drews.
Came back to Buffalo early to be on top of his game.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2005, 11:40 AM
His leg still isn't 100% WTF?

The King
03-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Thats real promising......pansy.

mybills
Are you gonna be ready?
"I'm a confident guy"

Coming back from his injury he was more concerned with his leg. It put things in perspective for him.

Bledsoe was supportive. Told him what he was doing right and wrong before he had to ask.

Shane Matthews helped him out as well.

He trusts the FO decisions about the whole team, and that's it.

If he had competed with Bledsoe, he would have given it his all.

NC-BILLS44

Exactly!!! It should be 100% by now!!!

mybills
03-03-2005, 11:43 AM
sorry...making sure it IS 100%

mybills
03-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Doesn't expect respect to be given to him..will work hard to earn it from other players. Would love to have Jonas here..talked a lot with him..but will accept the FO decision.

mybills
03-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Admires Big Ben..

believes we have stellar wr's, rb, etc...

ready for criticism..been critisized for being too confident all his life.

media: understands some comments make lasting impressions, and is learning how to clean it up. Is always learning.

lockerroom: Spikes is usually the one telling him to get down & slide..things like that.

favorite music: incubus

that's it

Gunzlingr
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
I think he is pitching his new movie.

http://www.impawards.com/2005/posters/longest_yard.jpg

Novacane
03-03-2005, 11:58 AM

lockerroom: Spikes is usually the one telling him to get down & slide..things like that.

Thats good to hear. I hope TKO told him he'll kick his ass if he does'nt listen :D

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:00 PM

Somebody needs a nap!

this is why companies bring in folks for an interview...you can tell a lot about somebody from an interview...listen to Coy Wire once or twice...

BidsJr
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Also said about the new LT whomever it is If they need extra motivation I'll be sure to put it in him. (paraphrase)

I LIKE IT!

:mex:

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM
favorite music: incubus

damn...if he'd said Marillion he'd be an all pro in a year.

mybills
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
there were other questions, but JP could only speculate..ya'll should listen to it when you get home..I may have missed something you wanted to hear! :idunno:

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Also said about the new LT whomever it is If they need extra motivation I'll be sure to put it in him. (paraphrase)

I LIKE IT!

yeah, I can hear him now "I'm sick of running for my life! Block or I'll get Vincent after you!"

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 12:03 PM
The Losman audio is up.

www.buffalobills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com)

I can't listen at work. Can someone post some notes?
I'm typing really fast as the talks but here is some of it - excuse any errors as on occasion I may paraphrase if it's shorter to type:

"I just want to say how excited I am about being named starting QB. I've been waiting my whole life...Not used to this city - fans have so much passion and knowledge of football and of the team...the support as we come out of the tunnel...makes us feel like I'm on top of the world...working daily - mentally and physically on the upcoming season - things I need to work on. Trying to get my leg back to 100% - pretty close. Excited about this opportunity. Eager for teammates to get back here so we can start working out. Looking forward to role as QB and leading the team.

When someone is in front of you as the starting QB, you kind of ease back, let them do their thing and know the role in the team. Obviously that has changed now.

Came back early to compete. To make sure that when practice started, I was going to be on top of my game. Couple of weeks later, I heard the news and you just go with it. When an organization has that much confidence in you to lead a team to victory - it feels good.

I've been playing football since I can remember. Always told my mom that this is what I wanted to do.

ARE YOU GOING TO BE READY:
I'm a confident guy. It's the same old game. 11 people out there. There's only so many things you can do. Studying film...no one knows exactly what will happen...season will start soon enough and people will find out what I can do.

Preseason was fun, very basic. Wasn't too hard. After the injury, I was concerned with my leg more than anything...learned how to focus on your leg is going to affect your play. Going in unprepared...I didn't think I was going to play that week...it put things in perspective for me.

ON DREW:
My relationship with Drew was great. Never hesistated to answer a question...very supportive...told me what I did wrong or right before I even asked. You'll have to ask him about his comments recently...I think it's just something that didn't come out right.

ON SHANE:
Hopefully if we could get Shane back here it would be great to help me.

COULD YOU HABE BEATEN DREW OUT FOR THE JOB IS YOU HADN'T GOTTEN HURT:
I have no idea if I could've competed for the job last year...not my decision but I'll be ready for it.

IF DREW HADN'T LEFT:
If Drew was going to be a starting QB...from my standpoint, I would have fought him for it and I would be ready.

ON BEING A STARTING QB:
I've been a starting QB my whole life...1st time I have to lead guys alot older than I am...It's not about being physical...but it's the mental standpoint...am I going to stutter in the huddle, am I going to be hesitate...once I can tell someone what to do at a particular point, the respect will come.

ON MM:
My relationship with MM is great...On and off the field...trying to take advantage of his knowledge. Learning the old and new era...

DAILY ROUTINE:
Typically start of with some film work, then lift & run while I think about some pass combinations I'l like to do, watch more film, ask questions to Sam Wyche, etc.

WILL IT BE TOUGH TO WIN OVER VETERANS:
It's going to be tough to win over some veterans on the team. It's about the mental preparation. I've got to go out there and know what to do at all times...will come from practice. I'm going to need my teammates now more than ever...to support me more initially...

ON JJ: I don't know the situation. Someone will step in to fill the spot.
Those decisions I don't know about. Whoever plays LT I'm sure will do a great job. And if they don't, I'll be there to give them a pep in their step.

BIGGEST CHALLENGE:
My biggest challenge as a starting QB is to earn the respect of my teammates. That's it. It all starts with the team. Can we execute what we are trying to do? It comes down to us.

ENCOURAGED BY BEN?
I have influences all over from football players to rock n roll stars. What Ben did was special and I can never do that - as I'm not a rookie anymore. But not thinking about Ben - thinking about getting started...

ON THE TEAM:
Coming in to a great situation - stellar defense, receivers that are out of this world, great RB. I'm looking forward to the season.

ON BEING READY FOR CRITICISM:
I had so much criticism from Tulane fans and teammates. And I've risen over it. So I'm ready to be criticized - I've been criticized all my life. I'm supposed to be cocky. I'm confident kid. I practice hard and know football....people only see what they see on TV. The little tidbits they see make lasting impressions...I'm working on those little things to clean it up...I grow every day and I grow every week...That's what life's all about.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE OFFENSE MIGHT EVOLVE:
I guess the offense is going to change, I don't know how much yet - I assume using my mobility more, more rollouts, I really don't like sliding, but it's something I'm going to have to learn how to do since it benefits the team.

ROCK N ROLL INFLUENCES
Favorite group: Incubus. In the stage of listening to more classical stuff.. Tom Petty, The Police...stuff like that."

BidsJr
03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Also said he doesn't want to hurt the team by missing time. (I think he believes he hurt it last year when he would have been leading us to the playoffs.)

Would rather have won the job outright this spring from Bledsucks, and that he was in town two weeks before the announcement to prepare to BEAT him out his spring.

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm typing really fast as the talks but here is some of it - excuse any errors as on occasion I may paraphrase if it's shorter to type:

"I just want to say how excited I am about being named starting QB. I've been waiting my whole life...Not used to this city - fans have so much passion and knowledge of football and of the team...the support as we come out of the tunnel...makes us feel like I'm on top of the world...working daily - mentally and physically on the upcoming season - things I need to work on. Trying to get my leg back to 100% - pretty close. Excited about this opportunity. Eager for teammates to get back here so we can start working out. Looking forward to role as QB and leading the team.

When someone is in front of you as the starting QB, you kind of ease back, let them do their thing and know the role in the team. Obviously that has changed now.

Came back early to compete. To make sure that when practice started, I was going to be on top of my game. Couple of weeks later, I heard the news and you just go with it. When an organization has that much confidence in you to lead a team to victory - it feels good.

I've been playing football since I can remember. Always told my mom that this is what I wanted to do.

ARE YOU GOING TO BE READY:
I'm a confident guy. It's the same old game. 11 people out there. There's only so many things you can do. Studying film...no one knows exactly what will happen...season will start soon enough and people will find out what I can do.

Preseason was fun, very basic. Wasn't too hard. After the injury, I was concerned with my leg more than anything...learned how to focus on your leg is going to affect your play. Going in unprepared...I didn't think I was going to play that week...it put things in perspective for me.

ON DREW:
My relationship with Drew was great. Never hesistated to answer a question...very supportive...told me what I did wrong or right before I even asked. You'll have to ask him about his comments recently...I think it's just something that didn't come out right.

ON SHANE:
Hopefully if we could get Shane back here it would be great to help me.

COULD YOU HABE BEATEN DREW OUT FOR THE JOB IS YOU HADN'T GOTTEN HURT:
I have no idea if I could've competed for the job last year...not my decision but I'll be ready for it.

IF DREW HADN'T LEFT:
If Drew was going to be a starting QB...from my standpoint, I would have fought him for it and I would be ready.

ON BEING A STARTING QB:
I've been a starting QB my whole life...1st time I have to lead guys alot older than I am...It's not about being physical...but it's the mental standpoint...am I going to stutter in the huddle, am I going to be hesitate...once I can tell someone what to do at a particular point, the respect will come.

ON MM:
My relationship with MM is great...On and off the field...trying to take advantage of his knowledge. Learning the old and new era...

DAILY ROUTINE:
Typically start of with some film work, then lift & run while I think about some pass combinations I'l like to do, watch more film, ask questions to Sam Wyche, etc.

WILL IT BE TOUGH TO WIN OVER VETERANS:
It's going to be tough to win over some veterans on the team. It's about the mental preparation. I've got to go out there and know what to do at all times...will come from practice. I'm going to need my teammates now more than ever...to support me more initially...

ON JJ: I don't know the situation. Someone will step in to fill the spot.
Those decisions I don't know about. Whoever plays LT I'm sure will do a great job. And if they don't, I'll be there to give them a pep in their step.

BIGGEST CHALLENGE:
My biggest challenge as a starting QB is to earn the respect of my teammates. That's it. It all starts with the team. Can we execute what we are trying to do? It comes down to us.

ENCOURAGED BY BEN?
I have influences all over from football players to rock n roll stars. What Ben did was special and I can never do that - as I'm not a rookie anymore. But not thinking about Ben - thinking about getting started...

ON THE TEAM:
Coming in to a great situation - stellar defense, receivers that are out of this world, great RB. I'm looking forward to the season.

ON BEING READY FOR CRITICISM:
I had so much criticism from Tulane fans and teammates. And I've risen over it. So I'm ready to be criticized - I've been criticized all my life. I'm supposed to be cocky. I'm confident kid. I practice hard and know football....people only see what they see on TV. The little tidbits they see make lasting impressions...I'm working on those little things to clean it up...I grow every day and I grow every week...That's what life's all about.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE OFFENSE MIGHT EVOLVE:
I guess the offense is going to change, I don't know how much yet - I assume using my mobility more, more rollouts, I really don't like sliding, but it's something I'm going to have to learn how to do since it benefits the team.

ROCK N ROLL INFLUENCES
Favorite group: Incubus. In the stage of listening to more classical stuff.. Tom Petty, The Police...stuff like that."

I hate to burst your bubble...but I have a feeling we might be breaking copyright by doing that...we cannot repost whole articles because of that...could you edit it down?

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:07 PM
ROCK N ROLL INFLUENCES
Favorite group: Incubus. In the stage of listening to more classical stuff.. Tom Petty, The Police...stuff like that."[/i]

I really hope he said "Classic stuff" and not "classical stuff"...Petty and the Police are not exactly Mozart and Beethoven. :D

BidsJr
03-03-2005, 12:08 PM
I hate to burst your bubble...but I have a feeling we might be breaking copyright by doing that...we cannot repost whole articles because of that...could you edit it down?

I think that is his own article....... A reconfigured transcript from the original press conference.

It would only be wrong for U to quote it I believe.

mybills
03-03-2005, 12:18 PM
working daily - mentally and physically on the upcoming season - things I need to work on. Trying to get my leg back to 100% - pretty close.

oh crap! I did hear that right the first time! :eek:

ryven
03-03-2005, 12:23 PM
oh crap! I did hear that right the first time! :eek:

It could be that he was not real comfortable speaking and it came out wrong

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 12:34 PM
It's not an article. This was me typing it up as I listened to it...is that still bad?

ryjam282
03-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I really hope he said "Classic stuff" and not "classical stuff"...Petty and the Police are not exactly Mozart and Beethoven. :D

No, he definitely said classical, I thought the same thing when I listened to it. Overall, I thought it was a good interview. He seems like a bright kid and he appears to be working hard. I can't wait to see the future.

The Spaz
03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
He said his leg is close to being 100%. Not sure why it wouldn't be already but who knows.

The Spaz
03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
No, he definitely said classical, I thought the same thing when I listened to it. Overall, I thought it was a good interview. He seems like a bright kid and he appears to be working hard. I can't wait to see the future.

I don't think Tom Petty is classical.

ryjam282
03-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I don't remember hearing Petty's IV smyphony or anything like that. That would be more like Classic Rock.

lordofgun
03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
It's not an article. This was me typing it up as I listened to it...is that still bad?
nope!

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 02:00 PM
no, i don't think so.

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't think Tom Petty is classical.
or classic for that matter...Petty is a whiner at best...:puke: Ironic how he pulls out artists that are overplayed by the station that also broadcasts the Bills games.

The Natrix
03-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Classical Rock? :ill:

The Natrix
03-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Tom Petty and Incubus are alright. Some old, live Police stuff is sick, though. :up: The drummer is insane.

Mr. Cynical
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Good comments by JP. I like his focus on the respect of the team. Granted you can say it is cliche but even so, it means he is taking the press stuff seriously as well as the football stuff and that is important in today's game.

EDS
03-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Respect of the team is very important for a young QB. I remember early in the season some of the Pittsburgh vets were grumbling when Maddux went down that they did not want to babysit the the rookie. 10+ wins later they were singing a different tune.