PDA

View Full Version : I'd Rather Have a New O-lineman or D-Lineman...

Iehoshua
03-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone else is with me on this...

Dicknoze69
03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Definitely....our biggest weakness is clearly our O-line

ddaryl
03-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I could care less about DL. We have DL in place

We do need a player for the OL

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Same here. WR is well down the list of things this team needs.

Romes
03-03-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm with you. We can handle the loss of Williams, we still have Edwards, Bannan and Anderson. However at tackle we only have Lawrence Smith and Dylan McFarland besides Mike Williams and that just won't cut it.

We NEED another tackle.

EDS
03-03-2005, 10:44 AM
OL is top priority. Receiver is not a need at this point.

BuffaloRanger
03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
I would like to see at least 2 OL brought in.

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 10:48 AM
I could care less about DL. We have DL in place

We do need a player for the OL
I'll agree with that. In general though, I think people are worrying more than they should. If the scenario I'm thinking is what TD is planning: Namely, draft a Center and move Teague to LT, then that covers the hole. Some people aren't comfortable with Ross Tucker at G. I thought he did well, but okay, we also can draft a G with the 3rd rd, and then there's always Lawrence Smith who really fought for the position last year. I know that it was taken from him during the year b'cse of bad play, but Lawrence Smith is also a newbie. With a "McNally" year under his belt, he may challenge again. And if I recall, McNally claimed that Smith has the "attitude" that he likes on the line. Then there's always Justin Bannan who is being rumored to be transitioned to the O-line and of course Jason Peters who can do it all.

I know we had troubles with the O-line last season, but I blame MW for that. If everyone shows up to camp on time and not 40 lbs over weight, McNally'll be able to work his magic and get them to gel and perform!

The King
03-03-2005, 10:49 AM
:holdhand:

R. Rich
03-03-2005, 10:51 AM
No. I don't think there's anything wrong with the offensive line. That has to be very low on the list of priorities.

ddaryl
03-03-2005, 10:53 AM
However at tackle we only have Lawrence Smith and Dylan McFarland besides Mike Williams and that just won't cut it.

We NEED another tackle.

You forgot Jason Peters who is listed at an OT on the Bills roster. I fully expect they will speed up his OL developement this offseason. Peters could be a G this year and continued to be groomed for OT in the future IMO.

Bmax
03-03-2005, 10:54 AM
We have to remember that this is a deep draft for the OL....There will be quality players available in rds 2-5....

Draft Mike Munoz in rd 2 or 3 .....

Go Bills

Bmax.....

R. Rich
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
We have to remember that this is a deep draft for the OL....There will be quality players available in rds 2-5....

Draft Mike Munoz in rd 2 or 3 .....

Go Bills

Bmax.....

I don't understand the fascination w/Munoz. If he were Mike Jones, would people still be fiending for him? He's been average to date. He's nothing like his father was, and he has injury concerns. There are much better options in terms of OL in this draft.

ddaryl
03-03-2005, 10:58 AM
No. I don't think there's anything wrong with the offensive line. That has to be very low on the list of priorities.

the sarcasm machine is in full swing, I can see through your charade :nana:

Dicknoze69
03-03-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll agree with that. In general though, I think people are worrying more than they should. If the scenario I'm thinking is what TD is planning: Namely, draft a Center and move Teague to LT, then that covers the hole. Some people aren't comfortable with Ross Tucker at G. I thought he did well, but okay, we also can draft a G with the 3rd rd, and then there's always Lawrence Smith who really fought for the position last year. I know that it was taken from him during the year b'cse of bad play, but Lawrence Smith is also a newbie. With a "McNally" year under his belt, he may challenge again. And if I recall, McNally claimed that Smith has the "attitude" that he likes on the line. Then there's always Justin Bannan who is being rumored to be transitioned to the O-line and of course Jason Peters who can do it all.

I think this is TD's plan all along. We'll be able to get quality O-line help cheaply in the draft's early rounds.

R. Rich
03-03-2005, 10:59 AM
the sarcasm machine is in full swing, I can see through your charade :nana:

Sarcasm? Moi??

Philagape
03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Save the O-line first.

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 11:15 AM
I think this is TD's plan all along. We'll be able to get quality O-line help cheaply in the draft's early rounds. The best thing about this plan is that alot of teams already spent lots of $$$ for the top O-linemen and now have no needs.

Who do we think are teams that will draft linemen in the early rds?

Atlanta is probably at the top.
Titans
Panthers?
Bears?
What's the Jets top need right now? DT? or OL?

Who else?

Jan Reimers
03-03-2005, 11:15 AM
I would like to see at least 2 OL brought in.
Between FA and the draft, I'd like 3. And if we forego a WR, fine. We have all 5 of our guys from last year, including 2 great ones and a potentially good 3rd in Reed or Aiken.

Dicknoze69
03-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Who do we think are teams that will draft linemen in the early rds?

Atlanta is probably at the top.
Titans
Panthers?
Bears?
What's the Jets top need right now? DT? or OL?

Who else?

The Titans need almost everything, so they could go any direction.
If the Panthers sign Wahle, you might be able to cross them off the list.
Jets could go OL, but also could use a WR, TE, RB, or secondary guy.

I see Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans, San Francisco, and maybe St. Louis as possibilities to draft OL early depending on how the rest of FA works out.