PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Boldin to Vikes for Bennett

Philagape
03-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Cardinals' officials instigated talks with the Vikings regarding a proposed trade that would send wide receiver Anquan Boldin to Minnesota in exchange for running back Michael Bennett and a second-round draft pick, according to KFAN radio, the Vikings' flagship station. The Vikings have a press conference scheduled today, but they are expected to announce the signing of defensive tackle Pat Williams, not a completed trade. If nothing else, head coach Mike Tice might address the trade rumors when he faces the media.

Fanball (http://www.fanball.com/fb/index.cfm)

The King
03-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Good move for the vikes if its true. I think Terrell would be more up their alley though

Philagape
03-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I'd take Boldin over Terrell 10 times out of 10

dannyek71
03-03-2005, 11:17 AM
that would be dumb for the cards

Novacane
03-03-2005, 11:18 AM
We're gonna get stuck with Henry

The King
03-03-2005, 11:19 AM

Im beginning to feel that way too.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Or having to trade him to the Phins. :(

Forward_Lateral
Why is Bennett valued higher than Henry? Bennett has played, what, one full season in the past 3? This sucks. The vikes are going to get a great young WR for their POS cast off RB, and we won't even get a backup LT.

THATHURMANATOR
I'd take Boldin over Terrell 10 times out of 10
Same here. Terrell sucks.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Why is Bennett valued higher than Henry? Bennett has played, what, one full season in the past 3? This sucks. The vikes are going to get a great young WR for their POS cast off RB, and we won't even get a backup LT.
He is a Dennis Green boy, and he fits a Dennis Green Offense much better than Henry.

Romes
Im beginning to feel that way too.

No, we will trade him on draft day for a 2006 2nd Rd pick.

Bulldog
What other teams may be looking for a RB? Did the Raiders sign Lamont Jordan yet?

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2005, 11:24 AM
He is a Dennis Green boy, and he fits a Dennis Green Offense much better than Henry.

Green's offense must not consist of running into the backs of Offensive Linemen.

I say trade our 2nd round pick to Zona for Shelton, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

dannyek71
03-03-2005, 11:25 AM
id take that in a heartbeat

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Green's offense must not consist of running into the backs of Offensive Linemen.

Way too much for him.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2005, 11:26 AM

Not sure what you mean

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2005, 11:27 AM

I would do that but I don't see it happening. Who needs an RB still?

Shasta McNasty
03-03-2005, 11:29 AM
I could see some truth to this rumor, but not witht the draft pick included. Denny wants a fast RB and drafted Bennett. Boldin might hold out for an extension, Rosenhaus is his agent. So Denny might be ready to ship him. I also read Minn is looking at Plax in FA or might draft M. Williams. Either way it looks bad for the Henry to AZ trade. AZ might get Bennett or else draft R.Brown out of Auburn with their first pick.

The King
03-03-2005, 11:29 AM
I would do that but I don't see it happening. Who needs an RB still?

Tampa and Miami.

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Not sure what you mean

Green wants more picks, instead of trading Henry, why not our 2nd round pick for Shelton?

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2005, 11:31 AM
We will have to see.

dannyek71
03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Green wants more picks, instead of trading Henry, why not our 2nd round pick for Shelton?
not worth it

Jttsaz
03-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Last we heard in AZ is that AZ wants Henry AND a 3rd round pick...that and they want Henry to sign an extention...that's what killed the deal...

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2005, 11:45 AM
not worth it

??? Why isn't it? Do you think we are going to find a starting LT in the 2nd round? I doubt it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Last we heard in AZ is that AZ wants Henry AND a 3rd round pick...that and they want Henry to sign an extention...that's what killed the deal...
We would be getting ripped off on that deal.

Michael82
03-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Green is a ****ing moron if he's going to do that trade. Boldin is a fan favorite to whatever Cardinals fans are left. Trading him and only getting Bennett would be suicidal. I'm so glad we never brought Dennis Green here.

Jttsaz
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
There is no mention of a Boldin trade in AZ whatsoever...I really don't think there is much to it..

Michael82
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Green is a ****ing moron. He's severely overvaluing his LT that everyone knows is in the doghouse. Chicago only offered a day 2 pick. I would offer him our 3rd rounder or 4th rounder and a conditional pick next year for him.

AndreReed83
03-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Gosh, Henry pisses me off. Haven't liked the guy since he whined and whined in that ESPN magazine article. I don't care if he plays hurt, the guy's selfish.

dannyek71
03-03-2005, 12:07 PM
??? Why isn't it? Do you think we are going to find a starting LT in the 2nd round? I doubt it.

no no no no, you see we are going to draft nuget with our 2nd round pick and all our problems will be solved....

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Not having traded TH shouldnt' be construed as negative. In training camp or early in the season, many people get hurt and may become desperate to bring in a proven RB. I think TD is right not to give in to pressure. And if not, we have TH (insurance) for another year.

I prefer not to give out 2nd draft pick for Shelton. He's only so-so. He's not super fantastic. I'd rather draft a stud Center with that pick that can be with us for years to come. Boy do I miss the days of Kent Hull...

jamze132
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
:dance:

jamze132
03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Not having traded TH shouldnt' be construed as negative. In training camp or early in the season, many people get hurt and may become desperate to bring in a proven RB. I think TD is right not to give in to pressure. And if not, we have TH (insurance) for another year.

I prefer not to give out 2nd draft pick for Shelton. He's only so-so. He's not super fantastic. I'd rather draft a stud Center with that pick that can be with us for years to come. Boy do I miss the days of Kent Hull...
I keep hearing about us drafting a "stud center". What is a "stud center" and where the hell are you going to find one in the 2nd or 3rd round? We don't need a project, we need an immediate contributor.

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 03:22 PM
I keep hearing about us drafting a "stud center". What is a "stud center" and where the hell are you going to find one in the 2nd or 3rd round? We don't need a project, we need an immediate contributor.
This draft has probably a good 3, 4, maybe 5 stud Centers that are big, fast, strong and smart. The good thing is that many teams don't have a desperate need for that position (except maybe Atlanta ?). So, more than likely we will have our choice of most of these (maybe minus 1) come the 2nd round.

Teague has done okay, but physically, he doesn't have the attributes that you want in a Center - except for his speed/athleticism.

There are no current Center FAs now, so there's no other option if we want Teague to move to LT where he probably should be. If we try and draft an OT instead to play LT, or to play RT and move Mike Williams to LT, I think that is riskier - but not out of the realm to do also.

Bill Brasky
03-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Cardinals' officials instigated talks with the Vikings regarding a proposed trade that would send wide receiver Anquan Boldin to Minnesota in exchange for running back Michael Bennett and a second-round draft pick, according to KFAN radio, the Vikings' flagship station. The Vikings have a press conference scheduled today, but they are expected to announce the signing of defensive tackle Pat Williams, not a completed trade. If nothing else, head coach Mike Tice might address the trade rumors when he faces the media.

Fanball (http://www.fanball.com/fb/index.cfm)

That would be the dumbest thing the Cardinals could do. I swear they have a bunch of ******s running that place.

Jttsaz
03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Vikings | Trade Rumors Dismissed - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:59:29 -0800

KFFL has learned, from a source close to the team, <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/23/nfl">Minnesota Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brezinski has shot down any rumors of a reported trade involving the Vikings (http://www.kffl.com/team/23/nfl) sending RB Michael Bennett (http://www.kffl.com/player/1124/nfl) and their 2005 second-round pick to the Arizona Cardinals (http://www.kffl.com/team/6/nfl) for WR Anquan Boldin (http://www.kffl.com/player/5905/nfl).

Lone Stranger
03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
I get it now. Teams are afraid of TD figuring he'd get the best of any deal.

Jersey1031
03-03-2005, 03:37 PM
can we make a trade wit tampa for henry...?

jamze132
03-03-2005, 04:24 PM
This draft has probably a good 3, 4, maybe 5 stud Centers that are big, fast, strong and smart. The good thing is that many teams don't have a desperate need for that position (except maybe Atlanta ?). So, more than likely we will have our choice of most of these (maybe minus 1) come the 2nd round.

Teague has done okay, but physically, he doesn't have the attributes that you want in a Center - except for his speed/athleticism.

There are no current Center FAs now, so there's no other option if we want Teague to move to LT where he probably should be. If we try and draft an OT instead to play LT, or to play RT and move Mike Williams to LT, I think that is riskier - but not out of the realm to do also.
I would rather draft Nugent, (a sure thing) with our 2nd round pick rather than an unproven center.