Maybe the plan is to take a step back and rebuild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Maybe the plan is to take a step back and rebuild...

Let's look on the other side of the coin for a minute.

Jennings and Williams are gone. The Bills have yet to address the OT or DT position. (First, we should all stay calm because there are a lot of days before camp opens). Maybe the Pittsburgh game convinced the Bills that they are further away then they thought; a little tinker here, a little tinker there wasn't enough. So, rather than take two years to right the ship the Bills are doing a wide spread change. With the amount of FA they have after the 2006 season maybe they are going to see what these guys can do.

Take a look at DT. Adams is set through 2006. Bannan and Edwards need to step up and show they can play to get signed beyond 2005. Anderson is a kid who will get some playing time. They could build from within and have 2 solid stars by 2006.

OT. I haven't a clue what the thought here is but maybe the team feels good enough about MW and Trey Teague at the tackles that they are willing to wait until 2006 to bring in somebody else. TT gets a year to show that he can play tackle and if not he is free to leave after 2005.

Then in 2006 the Bills can restock with players from their own roster, free agents and the draft. They could be as much as $20 mil going into FA next year (if not more). Losing PW and JJ will fetch some compensation picks and they will have their 1st rounder in 2006.

This could be it: See what you got internally this year while JP has the year to learn on the fly. Resign those FA that are of great value after 2005. Reset in 2006 through FA (when you got significant money to spend) and the draft (compensation picks from JJ and PW). This allows JP to mature even more and the team to gel. Then you go for it all in 2007.

We'll see.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

What have the Bills been doing for the past 7 years? Haven't we gone through enough "rebuilding" years? I'm getting sick and tired of it, to be honest, I don't care if it's a good excuse or not, it's an OLD excuse, and I'm sick of it. The Bills will become a laughing stock if they aren't careful.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

If thats what they are doing then trade Nate
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          rebuild
          Tom DonahoeMe

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

If this is the plan they are blowing smoke up a few million fans' pant legs.

"JP is the best option. We're moving forward." yada yada yada

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Not step back and rebuild

2 players are far form a rebuilding, not to mention how much those 2 players did sign for.

We have plenty of young players that our coaches are confident with, and after a few years of spending we need to gain some fiscal stregth back to be beter off in the near future.

We'll bring in OL to help the line, and a backup QB. After that we are esentially the same team as last year IMO minus DB.

I fully expect a few players to step up for us.

Comment

• dannyek71
                Drink Responsibly
                • Dec 2004

im so sick of the r word
                [

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  Not step back and rebuild

2 players are far form a rebuilding, not to mention how much those 2 players did sign for.

We have plenty of young players that our coaches are confident with, and after a few years of spending we need to gain some fiscal stregth back to be beter off in the near future.

We'll bring in OL to help the line, and a backup QB. After that we are esentially the same team as last year IMO minus DB.

I fully expect a few players to step up for us.
                  your T right now are MW and Dylan McFarland...not one backup on the roster...that is not the same team as last year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Please, Eb, I'm getting too old for any more rebuilding. For me, at least, the future is now.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Please, Eb, I'm getting too old for any more rebuilding. For me, at least, the future is now.
                      which was my argument for keeping Bledsoe...better to have made the crap shoot called the playoffs in 2005 than roll the dice like they are doing now...if help doesn't come in FA where will it come from?? No 1st rounder to plug in and, imo, the OL is a wreck.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

If the Bills go through another year of rebuilding, a lot of things in my living room will need rebuilding every Monday.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

just the thought of the r word made me so sick that I can't even come up with a germaine response to this thread
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I think they are very close to being a playoff team even with the losses of PW and JJ. It all depends on how many mistakes Losman makes. I agree I think Donohoe will re-tool next year but this will be a good chance to see if Teague can do it at LT and if Anderson/ Edwards can replace PW.
                              I don't feel they will take a step back in 2005 but I feel 2006 they will take a giant step forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X