PDA

View Full Version : What if TD did this for O-line?

BidsJr
03-03-2005, 11:48 AM
LT Teague
LG Bannan
C Tucker/Rookie
RG Chris V
RT Big Mike

Could Mouse teach Bannan how to pass block in a year? He looked good as a run blocker last year and is fairly athletic.

Not saying this is how I would want it to work out. Just want to give you guys something to talk about :jawdrop:

:mex:

Sportsuser101
03-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Not the type of line you want for a rookie QB. I think Peters and Bannan will be groomed into offensive lineman but not starters. I think Denney may be groomed into a TE if needed.

BidsJr
03-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Not the type of line you want for a rookie QB. I think Peters and Bannan will be groomed into offensive lineman but not starters. I think Denney may be groomed into a TE if needed.

Oops typo....

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 11:52 AM
LT Teague
LG Bannan
C Tucker/Rookie
RG Chris V
RT Big Mike

Could Mouse teach Bannan how to pass block in a year? He looked good as a run blocker last year and is fairly athletic.

Not saying this is how I would want it to work out. Just want to give you guys something to talk about :jawdrop:

Losman would run for 1000 yards or his life (or both)....WM wouldn't get a sniff at 1000....

Jan Reimers
03-03-2005, 11:52 AM
What makes you think Denney could play LG?

BidsJr
03-03-2005, 11:53 AM
What makes you think Denney could play LG?

Huh Denney?

LOL

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 11:55 AM
do we really expect a respectable O-line to be created out of converted DL and a TE they can't find a spot for?? this is what got McNally fired in NY...why would we want to make the same mistake here?

EDS
03-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Peters and Banno may be converted into o-lineman but there is very little chance they will be ready to start at the beginning of the season. Back-ups sure - especially Peters - but not starters.

My thoughts are that the Bills (McNally in particular) think one of the young guys (i.e., Peters or McFarland or draft pick) will be good enough to start in a year or two and will sign an older cheaper veteran tackle for the coming season.

Sportsuser101
03-03-2005, 11:58 AM
do we really expect a respectable O-line to be created out of converted DL and a TE they can't find a spot for?? this is what got McNally fired in NY...why would we want to make the same mistake here?
I'm not looking to make them starters. We need depth and what better way to do it then convert 2 guys who are decent at there current position?

Jan Reimers
03-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Huh Denney?

LOL
The original thread listed Denney at LG. Perhaps BidsJr changed it to Bannon?

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm not looking to make them starters. We need depth and what better way to do it then convert 2 guys who are decent at there current position?
I'd give them a camp to see if they could be back ups...but that would be it.

BidsJr
03-03-2005, 12:06 PM
The original thread listed Denney at LG. Perhaps BidsJr changed it to Bannon?

BidsJr would have never done anyting like that.

Bmax
03-03-2005, 12:09 PM
highly unlikely.....look for the bills to just fill in the LT spot... drafting a guy to groom for the next couple of years.. We need to be thinking about what will occur when guys get older and contracts run out ...You can never have too many young linemen on your roster...Grooming peters for the Lt is a step in the right direction....Signing a young OG and drafting another OG, center or Ot.. would be even better....

Bmax

Jan Reimers
03-03-2005, 12:17 PM
BidsJr would have never done anyting like that.

Thanks, BidsJr, for making me look like an idiot. Actually, I don't need any help. :peace:

jamze132
03-03-2005, 03:04 PM
This is starting to sound like one of Gilbrides bright ideas.