PDA

View Full Version : Rolle signs with Redskins

Sportsuser101
03-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Rolle signs with Redskins

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Not sure if its too reliable. I remember last year they reported that it was a done deal that the Chargers got Ike Hilliard to swap spots with the Giants to draft Manning.

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Rolle signs with Redskins

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Not sure if its too reliable. I remember last year they reported that it was a done deal that the Chargers got Ike Hilliard to swap spots with the Giants to draft Manning.
Rolle just moved to Obscurity Ave.

OpIv37
03-03-2005, 12:03 PM
hey eb or clump- how can the Skins afford this? I thought all their cap was tied up from their off-season spending spree last year?

AndreReed83
03-03-2005, 12:07 PM
If this is true, I officially hate the NFL.

Ebenezer
03-03-2005, 12:10 PM
hey eb or clump- how can the Skins afford this? I thought all their cap was tied up from their off-season spending spree last year?
they got Samuels to redo his deal; that freed up some money...also, as we always say, you have to look at how the deal is broken down, the first year could be worth bumkus from a cap point of view

...from what I read they were about $9mil under the cap this year but the future looks gloomy again...they can't even release Brunell if they wanted to.

Iehoshua
03-03-2005, 12:11 PM
If the Skins were actually competitive it may make a difference... Every year since Snyder it's the same.... More signings, more losing seasons....

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2005, 12:12 PM
This really pisses me off. TD works his ass off to get this team back to a cap friendly situation, and is now strapped a bit by the cap, but guys like Snyder and Davis can sign Free Agent after Free Agent and still be under the cap. It's BS.

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Wait, I take it back, I'm going to wait unitil A RELIABLE source reports this info. Just noticed what site it came from.

OpIv37
03-03-2005, 12:18 PM
This really pisses me off. TD works his ass off to get this team back to a cap friendly situation, and is now strapped a bit by the cap, but guys like Snyder and Davis can sign Free Agent after Free Agent and still be under the cap. It's BS.

In time, it will catch up with the Skins and the Raiders. Next off-season (or possibly the year after for the Raiders), they'll have to do what Tennessee did and release 6 or 7 good players. And they'll have no money to replace them. Result: 2-14 records and a rebuilding phase that takes 3 seasons to even start because of cap problems.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-03-2005, 12:45 PM
That is the gamble you take. You spend your future cap to win and then it will all catch up to you. I believe next year is when the Redskins are going be in trouble. TD seems to put just enough and not get in trouble with the cap. IMO he tries to get his team good enough and then will pay some cash to succeed in the playoffs.