PDA

View Full Version : Some more "Insider Info"

ryjam282
03-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Here is the latest update for you guys....

1. DJ is all that........unreal talent and great workout.........

2. Barron is better than i thought. 7 teams have higher grades on him than they had on Tra Thomas, Walter Jones and Jordon Gross in their respective drafts.

3. SF is likely not going QB.......i think RB is more likely now.

4. Miami may not go RB either.......i heard some Miami guys actually talking about Saban convincing RW into coming back for next season.

5. SD and the Vikings want MW bad.

6. None of the CB are worth a 6 pick. There is depth here but not alot of round one talent.

7. The top two QB's have huge ranges of favor in some teams minds. No one is sold on either

8 MW is going to be a very good player and is highly coveted regardless of his 40 and scouts loved that he worked out and it will not hrt him a bit.

9. The RB will all be gone by pick 8 and i think the QB may both be there as well

10. Adrain Mcphearson and Matt JOnes hit the ball out of the park in the combine.

11. Rogers and Fabian Washington made a ton of money this weekend. great workouts and even better interviews

12. Jason Campbell will go alot higher than i thought......likely a two now.

13. Nugent may go that high too

14. McCune Grigsby and Ware are going to be very good NFL LBers and ware will go in round one after his senior bowl and body of work in indy

15. Mark Clayton will be the hottest WR in the 15 to 22 range. Many will want him.

16. If you need a safety lots of luck. There maybe some CB who will be drafted and made safeties given their 40 and cone times. ie Browner and MJackson.

17. TDavis is your only first round S, Poole should have worked out because he would have stood out in this nightmare.

18. There is alot more depth in this draft than anyone thinks. This draft is great from 2-5 and better than last yr in that respect. Especially RB.......if you need one you can get a good one in 4.........

19. If you need a TE get one early cause their aint too many who will play on sundays.

20. Teams were very pleasantly surprised by many small school guys who rally outworked alot of the bigger known names
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other miscellaneous notes

Lamont Jordon is a Raider soon too ( edited by clash happened today- he's been saying this all offseason) ........

Fitzpatrick and Haldi both small school QB's ahve excellent shots to make it in this league........i would expect both to make some ones roster or PS and be developed...........both have above avg arms and are extremely bright.........

when asked about our pick at #6

MW at 6 would be fine with me but with TCal and Bennett WR is not that big of need for a 6th pick............there will be alot of depth later on...............i think MW and BE and one of the RB and QB's will make our pick very attractive to someone...........and if the rumors are true in indy about Favre i would not be surprised to see GB move up if one of the QB's begin to slip ................which i think will happen..SF will hold the key to what we do............if they go QB we will stay there i think......if they go RB i think we make the trade

bud issue is some one has to trade with you and that may not happen...........there is one other way to facilitate a trade and reese has done it before.............take less in return on the value chart for the sixth pick..............maybe smart if they can be assured of their guy.........after going down ....i think we will take a RB at 6 or trade it...

about kevin carter potentially resigning...

things have fallen through with reese...........apparently he was promised a deal and now reese wants to go young.........so he is going to shop but it still does not mean he is gone.........he needs to see his market value but it is very unlikely he is going to be lowballed by teams that want him.........he is in miami right now and will return tomorrow AM............i had heard alot of speculation that saban wanted him and spears and to trade JT and Surtain to get the picks to make this plan work..............all just shopping talk up there............but it made alot of sense...........saban is also trying to convince RW and the FO to make a deal for his return next yr...........so he can use the 2nd pick to rebuild elsewhere..............it will be intersting to see how it all unfolds...after the trade surtain they will have money..............and Taylor may be trade bait too......because he is a 4-3 end and not a 3-4 end............

when asled about the titans signing any potential free agents and news of plaxico burress..

like the idea of pollard and rossum if they pan out............then use the draft to rebuild the secondary and get some WR's.........and a LB.......Rossum could be cheap and ATL is in cap trouble too.........so it could be a possibility.... i had heard on rumor two days ago about the Jets and Plexiglass and i also heard that SD was real interested as well............ KBell went to th Giants and Pollard is free........he is coming to nashville for a visit and DD may get traded to NO after they cut TJones.............lots of action...........Lamont Jordon will sign i think tonight or tomorrow in Oak.........Samari is going to be wooed by the chiefs and Cunningham...........so is Trotter......they are both their together interviewing now.............pollard is coming for a looks see from what i am hearing...........he is old and has a yr or two left and would be ideal to offset mason loss cheaply...................and Joe Andruzzi left the pats for the Brownies too

when asked about paris warren and vincent jackson

warren.....
he was a shade over 6 ft and slow.........4.72 and 4.75..........does not rmind me of mase at all.......his cone drills were also slower than you want.......a mase clone is Roby or Bradley.............in my view

hines ward cant even think as fast as Clayton is..........the only knock on him is his height.........he reminds me of Mark Duper............super fast great hands and great cutting and route running.............i like him better than BE or MW really...i would target these three guys........Matt Jones, Vinny Jackson and Roby.........and i think Roby is going to be very special with some coaching...........the fourth guy would be Mathis from Hampton........kid has mad speed...........4.31 and 4.34.......same a Ty Calico.........i say since we are rebuilding lets go get speed and coach them up............with coach sherman..........Jones has a ton of promise.........he is a Faster bigger version of MW................

interesting report on the wonderlic ( nfl's version of an iq test )

Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 50 this yr..........not surprising he was from Harvard............which is a perfect score...I think Pat McInnally of the Bengals was the other one and I believe he was from Harvard too....dont think it is just harvard guys..........last yr two guys from rather pedestrain places scored well but no one ever talks about them........one was Kevin Curtis......utah state........scored a 49.........the other was our very own Clauss....DT from iowa............44.............you dont have to go to harvard to do well............but it would appear yo25 is now the grade to make..........but there is alot of talk in NFL circles just to give this test to QB's and OL...........because this is the only spots that the test translates...........
u have to go there to get a perfect score on this rudimentary IQ test...............the wonderlic takes a short time to administer and the MMPI takes alot longer to, hence it has less power statistically but it is used for it ease of use. It has only utility for QB's and OL especially centers............hope that helps

Some interesting stuff there, especially the Fins possibly shopping Jason Taylor. That wouldn't be a bad move as he is definitely not suited for the DE spot in a 3-4.
Also, the QB from Harvard getting a 50 on the wonderlic. That is pretty amazing.

The Spaz
03-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Where is this information from?

ryjam282
03-03-2005, 01:01 PM
From another site that I use, and I posted one of this guys posts previously and he has been pretty close on a lot of stuff. Like calling the Moss trade and the Lamont Jordan thing. The guy who posts is friends with a guy who works in the Titans front office. So, like I said previously, take it for what it's worth. But, it is better then reading all the "we are going to lose every game cause we haven't signed anyone yet" posts....right?

ryven
03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
true

DraftBoy
03-03-2005, 01:35 PM
He was wrong about Rolle

BuffaloBlakely14
03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
what site is this...I would love to read this site if you dont mind divulging the info...I know this is going to sound crazy, but if the phins are acctively shopping JT as this says...I think we should consider that....not to be too out of this world thinking, but if that is true, that is very interesting...last post of this guys was pretty good though....I love this stuff...I would pay to be a NFL scout...was he saying he thinks Mark Clayton out of Oklahoma would be the best WR this year...I can definitely believe that...kind of like Evans last year....climbing up after hte combine....I know we are semi-set at WR, but we may need to consider a wideout soon, if with Moulds all we did was buy a year...we are going to be looking for one next year...I am really torn on what to do with this years draft...OL seems to be the consensus, but WR, CB, and LB are going to be needs next year...it would be nice to get a couple extra picks this year...what about Travis for a 3rd and a 4th would that be too much to wish for??

mysticsoto
03-03-2005, 02:30 PM
what site is this...I would love to read this site if you dont mind divulging the info...I know this is going to sound crazy, but if the phins are acctively shopping JT as this says...I think we should consider that....not to be too out of this world thinking, but if that is true, that is very interesting...last post of this guys was pretty good though....I love this stuff...I would pay to be a NFL scout...was he saying he thinks Mark Clayton out of Oklahoma would be the best WR this year...I can definitely believe that...kind of like Evans last year....climbing up after hte combine....I know we are semi-set at WR, but we may need to consider a wideout soon, if with Moulds all we did was buy a year...we are going to be looking for one next year...I am really torn on what to do with this years draft...OL seems to be the consensus, but WR, CB, and LB are going to be needs next year...it would be nice to get a couple extra picks this year...what about Travis for a 3rd and a 4th would that be too much to wish for??
Unlikely that we would get both a 3rd and a 4th for this year's draft. In fact, we may not be able to trade TH until after camp starts and/or the season starts. Given that the draft is full or RBs, we may have to wait until someone ends up getting hurt and leaves a team in desperate need of a starting RB. Right now, I picture us maybe being able to get draft picks for next years draft in this scenario. Of all the years to be strong in RB, this turned out to be a bad year to get rid of Travis...