• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Some Thoughts

IMO Jennings is not a big loss, he is being overpaid considerably, but the O-line is where games are won and lost, and there are very good players out there going fast. Left tackle is not a position to ignore, overlook, or half-ass with a mediocre signing, especially with a young, unproven quarterback. I don't really care that TD chose not to re-sign Jennings, he's decent, but overrated. But we need someone good, and I just don't see where (even though it's early) where he's gonna go to get a good guy in here. Teague is no LT, he's unacceptable to be protecting the blindside of Losman. We need a REAL tackle.

Pat Williams IS a loss IMO. He was a real solid player, borderline Pro Bowler, an was underrated for much of his career. That being said, he's replaceable, but again, the guys are going fast that can replace him. Edwards and Anderson MAY be able to do it, but if TD and MM think they are the answer, they are putting a lot of faith in those two young guys.

I don't really care about Bledsoe. He could get us to a point, and that was where we got in his first and third year with us. I don't have a problem going with Losman, but I'd like to see a veteran come in that can win games if called upon, like a Maddox, Stewart (under Mularkey -- otherwise he's useless), or a Fiedler-type guy.

If we are TRULY not going to take a step backward, we also need a REAL TE, a REAL 3rd WR, a kicker, a backup RB, and probably some more O-linemen. We have six linemen (is that right?), that's not acceptable.

Yes, my head is telling me it's real early in the game, we still have the draft (no 1st round pick though), a lot of free agency, etc., but my heart is telling me that we are going to be worse than Miami was last year. I really and truly am worried. Look at the teams like Dallas that are being aggressive, you going to tell me that we are going to be better than Dallas next year, even WITH Drew? We're putting a lot of faith in young players like Losman, Edwards, Anderson, no real left tackle (Pruce, PLEASE!), etc. and there seems to be no sense of urgency or no plan. That's to say, I'm sure there IS a plan, but it would be nice to see SOME action somewhere.

This is Tom Donahoe's fifth year. We have not seen the playoffs. If he stands pat, goes with young, unproven guys, and doesn't make some moves, he needs to go ASAP, no questions asked. We've suffered long enough with his pontificating ways and bad-mouthing of Bills fans.

I guess going after Gammon the long snapper might be a good move in retrospect, because it looks like we'll be spending a lot of time punting if things keep up...

Jon
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

We'll be OK if we stay healthy .... and I know that's a big if. A major injury will doom us
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

we needed Pat back and TD screwed us
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Bert102176
        Yeah, huh... I don't think Donahoe screwed us. I'm sure that if Pat Williams was worth the money he wanted, we would have him on the payroll.

And evn if by some small chance Donahoe did mess up, he gets an alibi this time since he finally canned Drew. It all evens out in the end, so relax.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bert102176
          Not at over 4 million a year. That would have used 1/2 of the cap money available.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
          X