PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci's NFL.com column

G. Host
03-03-2005, 07:59 PM
The Buffalo Bills are resigned to the fact that their new quarterback, '04 first-round draft pick J.P. Losman, is going to rely very heavily on his considerable mobility.

Some of that will be by design; the Bills are anxious to incorporate roll-out plays in their offense that they couldn't use with the immobile Drew Bledsoe. And some of Losman's movement is going to result from the fact he is a very raw first-year starter who is likely to look to run when he gets into trouble ... and that probably will be more often than the Bills would prefer.

"The one thing I've got to teach him is to learn how to slide," Bills coach Mike Mularkey said. more (NFL.com) (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8232624)

Typ0
03-03-2005, 08:21 PM
It's great that he's mobile...but it's going to end in his getting hurt and we're going to be screwed.

kevinj22
03-03-2005, 08:25 PM
He sais something very interesting at hi press conf. today; "I realize NOW that by not sliding I hurt the team more than by sliding". Hopefully he will remember that this season.

jamze132
03-03-2005, 09:22 PM
I have a funny feeling, for some odd reason, I think he's going to challenge McGahee for the team lead in rushes. He will somehow pull of 15-20 rushed a game. 5-10 designed rollouts, and the rest he will be running for his life.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-04-2005, 10:30 AM
UH OH.....Now you will never convince me that we aren't going to be shopping for a good veteran (yes, better than Matthews) backup QB. We would be absolutely stupid not to.

juice
03-04-2005, 10:41 AM
I have a funny feeling, for some odd reason, I think he's going to challenge McGahee for the team lead in rushes. He will somehow pull of 15-20 rushed a game. 5-10 designed rollouts, and the rest he will be running for his life.This youngster would get killed on designed rushes.. he's not McNabb, Culpepper, or McNair - it takes years in the League to be able to handle designed rushes as a QB.

This kid is gonna get killed if he doesn't learn how to run the offense efficiently.. He doesn't have the natural abilities of a Vick.

Meathead
03-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I guess that settles that.

jamze132
03-04-2005, 04:28 PM
This youngster would get killed on designed rushes.. he's not McNabb, Culpepper, or McNair - it takes years in the League to be able to handle designed rushes as a QB.

This kid is gonna get killed if he doesn't learn how to run the offense efficiently.. He doesn't have the natural abilities of a Vick.
I think he has the natrual ability to run ans we will all see. I'm not putting him in the same class as Vick, but he ain't in the same class as Drew either. He will run one way or the other.

G. Host
03-04-2005, 09:31 PM
I think he has the natrual ability to run ans we will all see. I'm not putting him in the same class as Vick, but he ain't in the same class as Drew either. He will run one way or the other.

He ia closer to Farve in running ability but in college he was close to Farve level in absorbing hits as well. He is not close to Gannon (who teams wanted as a DB) and even further from Vick (who is a RB which throws the ball), McNabb, Culpepper, or McNair. Moornan is probably a better runner than Losman although he probably can not take hits as well.