PDA

View Full Version : JJ Press Conference

juice
03-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Jonas didn't seem to like the fact that TD never even tried to make a serious offer to keep him here.. didn't even want to discuss Buffalo and their lack of respect for him.

The Bills Front Office is starting to develope quite a Rep. around the League and dealing with veterans and trying to retain their services.

Short of placing the franchise tag on N. Clements next season I dont see TD even trying to make a real offer to keep him here.

Jonas seemed to be happy with being in SF and getting paid what he thought he was worth.

lordofgun
03-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Good for him. I hope he has fun out there.

Jersey1031
03-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Good for him. I hope he has fun out there.

yea...losing!

juice
03-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Good for him. I hope he has fun out there.I'm sure he will with what he's being paid.. Probably laughing all the way to the bank.

TD had better come with some cash if we're going to keep Nate at season's end.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2005, 09:48 PM
TD will fork up the cash to whom he thinks is worth it: TKO, Moulds, and probably McGahee soon.

All other average serviceable roster fillers looking for the big cash - :bigwave:

Dozerdog
03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
TD decided Jennings wasn't worth 10% of the cap space the Bills had. Sayanora!

ajsdx
03-03-2005, 09:52 PM
The Bills Front Office is starting to develope quite a Rep. around the League and dealing with veterans and trying to retain their services.

As long as they're making right moves, that rep is something they can deal with. I'll bet the patriots have a pretty bad rep with big name free agents around the league right now. All they do is cut their veterans, never sign albatross contracts, and win super bowls. In fact, that's the reason why they win superbowls.

juice
03-03-2005, 09:55 PM
TD decided Jennings wasn't worth 10% of the cap space the Bills had. Sayanora!I agree.. But show respect to the players or they wont stay as FA and they wont want to come here and play.

Players take a chance on an organization that is going to show them respect.. Not Loyalty because this is a business - But dont treat them like livestock.

Shasta McNasty
03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Juice, what did the other FA's who signed with a different team say about the change? All good stuff, right?

Dozerdog
03-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Please show me anything that says the Bills have a "bad rep" with free agents. Looking at who we have brought in the past 10 years kinda blows that theorey out of the water.

The only time Free agents have stayed away has been when we were in salary cap hell.

AndreReed83
03-03-2005, 09:58 PM
TD will fork up the cash to whom he thinks is worth it: TKO, Moulds, and probably McGahee soon.

All other average serviceable roster fillers looking for the big cash - :bigwave:

I don't see how TD could consider Clements as merely serviceable. The guy IS already a top 5 cornerback in the league and is maturing into the number one CB. Gotta keep him, he's the reason we didn't try at all to keep Winfield.

Dr. Lecter
03-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Respect?

What is respect? The amount of money Jonas is receiveing is way too much. He plays 12-14 games a year. And he is now averaging 5 million + per? He received a double digit signing bonus?

I am so damn sick of hearing the money=respect line. Bull crap. These players make damn good money for playing a game. Williams, Jennings and Schobel all had offers before the season. Only one accepted his.

And I don't think he was treated like livestock. Assuming his deal was similar to Schobel's, he could have averaged a pretty penny too.

juice
03-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Juice, what did the other FA's who signed with a different team say about the change? All good stuff, right?I dont know.. what did they say? I do know that Pat or Jonas thought the Deals offered last season were acceptable and neither were made offers since seasons end.

I can only imagine how Pat Williams feels about being separated from the Defense that he helped build.

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't see how TD could consider Clements as merely serviceable. The guy IS already a top 5 cornerback in the league and is maturing into the number one CB. Gotta keep him, he's the reason we didn't try at all to keep Winfield.
Sorry to be misleading. I didn't mean Clements. I'm sure TD will give Clements a nice contract extension. I was merely responding to a previous comment on how we are getting a rep for kicking out veterans.

Shasta McNasty
03-03-2005, 10:09 PM
I dont know.. what did they say? I do know that Pat or Jonas thought the Deals offered last season were acceptable and neither were made offers since seasons end.

I can only imagine how Pat Williams feels about being separated from the Defense that he helped build.

I don't know, most times I only hear FA'a who just signed with Buffalo. Not Bills vets when they go to other squads.

But I do know when FA's sign, they all read from a card. Your theory has no juice.

juice
03-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Please show me anything that says the Bills have a "bad rep" with free agents. Looking at who we have brought in the past 10 years kinda blows that theorey out of the water.

The only time Free agents have stayed away has been when we were in salary cap hell.Look at the results, No playoffs.. Look at the past few FA that TD didn't even make an attempt to sign.

Winfield left to become a Pro Bowler now JJ and PW felt like the offers made weren't even worth considering.

Michael82
03-03-2005, 10:30 PM
I disagree with the respect thing. TD publicly came out last year saying that he wanted to re-sign at least one of the big 3. He tried to extend Jennings then and he was far apart from what Jennings wanted. Looking at Jennings' deal, I have no problem believing that TD send Jennings another offer to his agent and he basically laughed at it. That was the end of it. The no respect thing really gets on my nerves.

So long Jonas. Enjoy the money and the ****ty team. :bigwave:

Dozerdog
03-03-2005, 10:34 PM

Still waiting for you to back this statement up.

We have attracted plenty of talent - what bad reputation ???????

Or is that just opinion???

juice
03-03-2005, 10:41 PM

Or is that just opinion???Take a look at the JJ Press Conference.. What do you think PW had to say? He was the anchor of this Defense since before TD days.

Pat Williams said he wanted to stay and would play for less in Buffalo.

We've attracted talent but what do we have to show for it.. Now TD looks to be starting to dismantle the Defense now.

Meathead
03-03-2005, 10:55 PM
The biggest eye-opening deal was the seven years and $36 million the 49ers gave to Buffalo left tackle Jonas Jennings. It included $12 million to $14 million in bonuses, which is amazing considering Jennings is a decent player whose value is up because he happens to be one of the few left tackles available. That had to drive his price up. He certainly isn't worth that kind of money.

"Worst deal I've seen," said one personnel director. "But hold on. I'm sure there's more to follow."

As we said, this is the worst move in free agency so far. Why in the heck the 49ers would pay a so-so tackle a contract that includes $14 million in bonus money is beyond imagination. Jennings is a decent player, but he isn't worth that kind of money. Agent Todd France should be put in the Agent Hall of Fame for getting that kind of deal. We know the 49ers have money to burn, but is signing an average player on the line a good move? It isn't in this space.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8249573

Tatonka
03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Now TD looks to be starting to dismantle the Defense now.

:roflmao:

the whining is almost unbearable..

dismantle the defense?? that is a ****ing joke.. we lost one aging vet on defense that was not even the best DT on the team last year. we drafted a DT on day one last year.. we resigned a guy that has been learning under williams (edwards) to a contract extension..

so basically.. we planned for pat to leave and have his replacement.. it would have been nice to sign pat so he could stay here, but the defense will not suffer greatly without one DT that was rotated in and out of the lineup frequently.

stop with the drama queen, sky is falling posts about us dismantling the defense.. it is getting old.. your like a broken record.. your posts sound just like wys.. funny that you used to dog him and now you emulate him.

life will go on.. but if you want to kill yourself over this stuff.. i wont stop you.

Tatonka
03-03-2005, 11:22 PM
** insert a comment containing amigas, seniorita, coyboy, or flipflop here**

there juice.. made it easy for your predictable posts.

LtBillsFan66
03-03-2005, 11:31 PM

For me, it's an opinion. I follow the Bills closer than any team, so it may be a biased opinion. It just seems that they have more disgruntled ex-players than other teams. I never hear comments make against the Giants, Jets, Yanks (other than the fat slob Wells), Mets.

Even for the worst players, there's a way to handle departures with class.

And no, I don't know what the right way would be. Other teams must be doing something better.

And although I feel this way, it has no effect in any way shape of form on my rooting for them.

Tatonka
03-03-2005, 11:41 PM
didnt bledsoe say after being traded by the pats and cut by us.. that the bills handled the situation with total class.

LtBillsFan66
03-03-2005, 11:45 PM
didnt bledsoe say after being traded by the pats and cut by us.. that the bills handled the situation with total class.
Because HE was being classy.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-04-2005, 07:48 AM
BOTTOM LINE....Even if you have NO intention of overpaying for a player...you sit down and discuss the team's situation with them. Let them know why you can't invest the money they deserve in them, and let them know you would love to keep them if you could afford it. Then they know you are honest and sincere.....Hey you never know when a player might be in a position to come back to your team....why burn bridges? And why make yourself look like an ASS to the rest of the league?
Would not have cost them anything to take 1/2 hour last month and sit down with these guys.

Earthquake Enyart
03-04-2005, 07:59 AM

C'mon Dozer. Everyone knows that Travis Henry's agent was mad in the parking lot.

BuffaloRanger
03-04-2005, 08:47 AM
BOTTOM LINE....Even if you have NO intention of overpaying for a player...you sit down and discuss the team's situation with them. Let them know why you can't invest the money they deserve in them, and let them know you would love to keep them if you could afford it. Then they know you are honest and sincere.....Hey you never know when a player might be in a position to come back to your team....why burn bridges? And why make yourself look like an ASS to the rest of the league?
Would not have cost them anything to take 1/2 hour last month and sit down with these guys.

That was a great post.

It's not that the players were let go, it's the perception that they were ignored, TD couldn't find the time to talk to players that did alot for the Bills. They did talk to Drew, but that's only because he's white...JUST KIDDING! I think they enjoyed telling Drew to "pack yo crap."

TKO and Adams both pleaded with TD to get a deal done with Big Pat on TV at the Pro-Bowl. TD responded by not even talking to PW. 2 Pro-Bowlers can't convince a GM to sit down with another star and at least talk contract? Do you think they are disppointed. I know they are are Pros and this is what they get paid to do, blah, blah. But are they really going to talk up the Bills organization when talking to potential FAs?

What will be there answer to the question "How does the GM treat players?" Adams: "Like a baby treats a diaper, dawg."

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2005, 09:00 AM
:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
And who says they looked like an ASS to the rest of the league? The Bills did talk to these two guys. They did not like the offers made. They went elsewhere. These players are not stupid. They know the realities of the cap. They took advantage of Free Agency. Did either of them talk to TD and tell him what they would accept?

Players do not need their asses kissed.

And, both of these guys would come back if the money was right in the future. Do not kid yourself.

juice
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
:roflmao:

your posts sound just like wys.. funny that you used to dog him and now you emulate him.

life will go on.. but if you want to kill yourself over this stuff.. i wont stop you.OK El-Presidente'.. I sound like your Hero and broadcast Partener.:up:

Does that mean you'll be riding my D1ck full time?

Who really emulates WG with the "AmigAs Unite against Blew Dredslow" garbage.

Give me a break.. Your the one that sounds Suicidal most of the time.:duh:

G. Host
03-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Jonas didn't seem to like the fact that TD never even tried to make a serious offer to keep him here.. didn't even want to discuss Buffalo and their lack of respect for him.

Jonas seemed to be happy with being in SF and getting paid what he thought he was worth.

Jennings should not have shot his mouth off talking about going to Atlanta while he was under contract; it made Bills weary of offering him too much not just because he might be injured again but because he might decide to hold out later being unhappy.

I am happy Jennings is being overpaid for the overpayment is not by Buffalo. I think there WERE discussions just none that Jennings and his agent wanted to listen to - it takes two to discuss.

juice
03-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Jennings should not have shot his mouth off talking about going to Atlanta while he was under contract; it made Bills weary of offering him too much not just because he might be injured again but because he might decide to hold out later being unhappy.

I am happy Jennings is being overpaid for the overpayment is not by Buffalo. I think there WERE discussions just none that Jennings and his agent wanted to listen to - it takes two to discuss.
www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8259582 (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8259582)

The first part about the QB is outdated but look at the end at what JJ had to say.

Jeff1220
03-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Jennings said that the Bills didn't talk to him. That doesn't mean that they didn't speak with his agent.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Short of placing the franchise tag on N. Clements next season I dont see TD even trying to make a real offer to keep him here.

Boo Hoo Jonas!!! San Fran paid way too much!! Maybe TD should have contacted him to let him know but I don't see it as a big deal.