X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

JJ Press Conference

Jonas didn't seem to like the fact that TD never even tried to make a serious offer to keep him here.. didn't even want to discuss Buffalo and their lack of respect for him.

The Bills Front Office is starting to develope quite a Rep. around the League and dealing with veterans and trying to retain their services.

Short of placing the franchise tag on N. Clements next season I dont see TD even trying to make a real offer to keep him here.

Jonas seemed to be happy with being in SF and getting paid what he thought he was worth.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Good for him. I hope he has fun out there.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Jersey1031
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun

yea...losing!
      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
        I'm sure he will with what he's being paid.. Probably laughing all the way to the bank.

TD had better come with some cash if we're going to keep Nate at season's end.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

TD will fork up the cash to whom he thinks is worth it: TKO, Moulds, and probably McGahee soon.

All other average serviceable roster fillers looking for the big cash -

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

TD decided Jennings wasn't worth 10% of the cap space the Bills had. Sayanora!

Comment

• ajsdx
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by juice
              The Bills Front Office is starting to develope quite a Rep. around the League and dealing with veterans and trying to retain their services.
              As long as they're making right moves, that rep is something they can deal with. I'll bet the patriots have a pretty bad rep with big name free agents around the league right now. All they do is cut their veterans, never sign albatross contracts, and win super bowls. In fact, that's the reason why they win superbowls.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                TD decided Jennings wasn't worth 10% of the cap space the Bills had. Sayanora!
                I agree.. But show respect to the players or they wont stay as FA and they wont want to come here and play.

Players take a chance on an organization that is going to show them respect.. Not Loyalty because this is a business - But dont treat them like livestock.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                  • Feb 2003

Juice, what did the other FA's who signed with a different team say about the change? All good stuff, right?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Please show me anything that says the Bills have a "bad rep" with free agents. Looking at who we have brought in the past 10 years kinda blows that theorey out of the water.

The only time Free agents have stayed away has been when we were in salary cap hell.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      TD will fork up the cash to whom he thinks is worth it: TKO, Moulds, and probably McGahee soon.

All other average serviceable roster fillers looking for the big cash -

I don't see how TD could consider Clements as merely serviceable. The guy IS already a top 5 cornerback in the league and is maturing into the number one CB. Gotta keep him, he's the reason we didn't try at all to keep Winfield.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Respect?

What is respect? The amount of money Jonas is receiveing is way too much. He plays 12-14 games a year. And he is now averaging 5 million + per? He received a double digit signing bonus?

I am so damn sick of hearing the money=respect line. Bull crap. These players make damn good money for playing a game. Williams, Jennings and Schobel all had offers before the season. Only one accepted his.

And I don't think he was treated like livestock. Assuming his deal was similar to Schobel's, he could have averaged a pretty penny too.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Shasta McNasty
                          Juice, what did the other FA's who signed with a different team say about the change? All good stuff, right?
                          I dont know.. what did they say? I do know that Pat or Jonas thought the Deals offered last season were acceptable and neither were made offers since seasons end.

I can only imagine how Pat Williams feels about being separated from the Defense that he helped build.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by AndreReed83
                            I don't see how TD could consider Clements as merely serviceable. The guy IS already a top 5 cornerback in the league and is maturing into the number one CB. Gotta keep him, he's the reason we didn't try at all to keep Winfield.
                            Sorry to be misleading. I didn't mean Clements. I'm sure TD will give Clements a nice contract extension. I was merely responding to a previous comment on how we are getting a rep for kicking out veterans.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by juice
                              I dont know.. what did they say? I do know that Pat or Jonas thought the Deals offered last season were acceptable and neither were made offers since seasons end.

I can only imagine how Pat Williams feels about being separated from the Defense that he helped build.
                              I don't know, most times I only hear FA'a who just signed with Buffalo. Not Bills vets when they go to other squads.

But I do know when FA's sign, they all read from a card. Your theory has no juice.

Comment

Working...
                              X