PDA

View Full Version : I'm suprised

northernbillfan
03-04-2005, 05:25 AM
Am I the only one who thinks losing Jennings is as big a loss as Williams? Of the two, the majority of Bills Zone readers would rather have kept Williams as opposed to Jennings?

Sam Adams made Pat Williams the player he is today. IMO he is easier to replace than Jennings. Jennings was integral to the revitalization of our O-line and relied on himself. He wasn't part of a duo like Williams was.

Jonas Jennings will have a much better future than Pat Williams. It's still sad to see them both go, but I think the team will more hurt by the loss of Jennings than it will by giving up Williams.

Vote here (http://www.billszone.com/)

northernbillfan
03-04-2005, 05:40 AM
I'm in the 2%, in case you hadn't figured that out yet.

Iehoshua
03-04-2005, 05:40 AM
I agree Jonas will have a better future....

...because the '9ers overpaid for him and he's only 27.

northernbillfan
03-04-2005, 05:46 AM
Yer dang right tho..he's not worth 36 million.

Nice retirement plan, work 6 years, earn 36 million. Retire by 35.

Michael82
03-04-2005, 06:21 AM

That's the reason why no one wanted him re-signed. We all knew he would be looking for the BIG BIG bucks.

I still believe that LJ Shelton will be a Bill and if not, maybe Kareem McKenzie at RT and move Big Mike to LT.

Earthquake Enyart
03-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Losing Jennings is a bigger loss because we really don't have a replacement. LT's are harder to find than DT's.

But, Jennings 49er salary is ridiculous.

northernbillfan
03-04-2005, 06:34 AM
Exactly.

People are talking about Mike Williams moving over to the left side, which will be disastrous to the team. The best we can hope for is Shelton...

Dozerdog
03-04-2005, 06:38 AM

i think the plan will be - Work 3 years, collect maybe 20 million of the 36, then get cut as a salary cap casualty

The King
03-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Thats it. Most people knew it was going to cost way too much to keep Jennings here. So I like most had already come to terms that he was gone. I did think we would keep Pat though especially after the discount comments.

northernbillfan
03-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Of course. Although I think 20 million is even pushing it. Still nothing wrong with earning that kind of dough for 16 weeks of work, plus 4 weeks of training camp, 4 weeks of preseason training. Were nearing a full six months of work, can't be pushing the limits.

don137
03-04-2005, 07:20 AM
The problem is it is hard to succeed in the day of the salary cap if you overpay for players. Many of the teams that overspend on free agents are not championship caliber teams (i.e. Redskins). I do agree losing Jennings will hurt more than Williams however paying Jennings the money he received in SF would only hurt this team in the long run more than it would of helped.
The teams that spend their money wisely end up doing the best.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-04-2005, 07:30 AM
I think many of us were more worried about the loss of Williams because we had been led to believe that the deal for LJ Shelton was imminent and even if there would be a bit of a drop off, Shelton could step in and fill the hole easily. Now that it looks like we might miss out on Shelton, I am much more worried about the OT spot than the DT spot.

northernbillfan
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I think many of us were more worried about the loss of Williams because we had been led to believe that the deal for LJ Shelton was imminent and even if there would be a bit of a drop off, Shelton could step in and fill the hole easily. Now that it looks like we might miss out on Shelton, I am much more worried about the OT spot than the DT spot.
Too bad Henry had to go and ask for far more than he's worth.

Ebenezer
03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm in the 2%, in case you hadn't figured that out yet.
:wave:

The_Philster
03-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Pat was actually pretty good before Adams, IMO :idunno:

capitolneal
03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Pat was actually pretty good before Adams, IMO :idunno:
I agree Pat is a very good tackle overshadowed pretty much his whole career
by SA and Ted he is sound and I am wondering with every one going to the
3-4 why not us it seems we have better depth at LB than the line put bog Sam over the center make posey and tko rush the passer more and I think our d would be better

im4bflo
03-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Pat was good with Ted Washington and Sam, but your right, I agree, finding a replacement for him, will be easier than one for Jennings.
Jennings just hit the perfect timing to get big money, that he's really not that worth, and took it.
Oh well, he'll just have to miss his CHAMPIONSHIP ring he would of gotten with the BILLS :loser: