PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Williams a RT or LT this season?

casdhf
03-04-2005, 06:02 AM
I'm not sure what the deal is .... LT, RT? Shelton has played both positions, mostly RT last year I believe....does this mean a switch?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Don't count on seeing Mike moving to LT this year unless they find out Teague just can't handle the LT slot. I am afraid that is the direction we are headed....Teague at LT, Smith at LG, Tucker at Center, Villariall at RG and Williams at RT. Doesn't look too promising to me......plus....where is the depth? You know we will have some injuries to deal with.

NC-BILLS44
03-04-2005, 08:23 AM
For what their paying Big Mike, he should be a LT.

tomdonahoe
03-04-2005, 08:27 AM
IMO Mike Williams is making LT money right now and we need a LT therefore they need to move Mike Williams over. It's time to make the switch. He was the # 4 pick overall and you just don't pick RT that high (unless you have a southpaw QB). He played really well last year and he is really coming on. The time is now. Move Mike, re-sign Price and gets some depth in free agency.

I'm glad the Bills have been quiet during this free agency period. The teams that are signing these 30 year old plus free agents to big contracts with heavy guaranteed money are crazy. I like what Donahoe is doing which is nothing.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
IMO Mike Williams is making LT money right now and we need a LT therefore they need to move Mike Williams over. It's time to make the switch. He was the # 4 pick overall and you just don't pick RT that high (unless you have a southpaw QB). He played really well last year and he is really coming on. The time is now. Move Mike, re-sign Price and gets some depth in free agency.

I'm glad the Bills have been quiet during this free agency period. The teams that are signing these 30 year old plus free agents to big contracts with heavy guaranteed money are crazy. I like what Donahoe is doing which is nothing.

wait wait wait......you like what you are doing? You are a conceited *****!
And you are starting to refer to yourself in the third person which is very TheBlackBear-esque and very annoying.

of course this is a joke people....lighten up!

mysticsoto
03-04-2005, 09:18 AM

At last...a voice of reason! I still don't understand all the panic I'm seeing here. We are in March!!! This is what's wrong with today's Microwave generation...they want everything now...Now...NOW!!!

nolimit
03-04-2005, 09:21 AM
you know what cool, i just found out that Mike Williams is my neighbor a few houses down. I just moved in this neighborhood with my parents and just found out yesterday. Of course he is not living there now because his driveway is unplowed and there is no activity. He must be in texas or whereever he resides in the offseason.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-04-2005, 10:25 AM
you know what cool, i just found out that Mike Williams is my neighbor a few houses down. I just moved in this neighborhood with my parents and just found out yesterday. Of course he is not living there now because his driveway is unplowed and there is no activity. He must be in texas or whereever he resides in the offseason.

Oh yeah, sure sure....and I bowl with Sam Adams.

But seriously...if that is his house, you are commanded to do the following:

1) Keep all Hostess and McDonalds products out of sight when Mike gets back to town.

2) Give us the low down on the ladies that come by....is it true that Fat=Power=Sex Appeal????

3) Obtain some pics and video of Mike (and the ladies too please) so we can guesstimate his weight when he returns...

Anybody else have some requests??

The Black Bear
03-04-2005, 10:42 AM
For what their paying Big Mike, he should be a LT.

Smartest reply theblackbear has ever seen on this board. The problem started with drafting that fat slug in the top 5 of the draft. You don't draft a stinking Right Tackle that high. You can get a big fat guy like that on day two in the 6th or 7th round and put him at right tackle.

There is no way in hell Mike Williams can play Left Tackle in the NFL. He couldn't even play it in NFL Europe!!

The only good that would come from Mike Williams playing Left Tackle is theblackbear being proven right about something again. "Fat Mike" is no Left Tackle!! theblackbear said it when they made the mistake by drafted him and theblackbear is saying it again now.

:peace:

Mahdi
03-04-2005, 11:14 AM

I dont see how doing nothing is a good thing, we desperately need a LT and a LG. We had problems on O-line last year and so far we have only downgraded. My concern isnt for the passing game since JP is mobile, but we couldnt run between the tackles last year, I dont see that changing unless we upgrade at LG and bring someone in atleast equal to Jonas. And those options are quickly disappearing.

tomdonahoe
03-04-2005, 11:40 AM
I dont see how doing nothing is a good thing, we desperately need a LT and a LG. We had problems on O-line last year and so far we have only downgraded. My concern isnt for the passing game since JP is mobile, but we couldnt run between the tackles last year, I dont see that changing unless we upgrade at LG and bring someone in atleast equal to Jonas. And those options are quickly disappearing.

We have a LT in Mike Williams and LG with Smith. I would like to see another guard brought in to compete with Smith. Willis gained decent yardage last year and I think Big Mike on the left side will only help. They do need depth and I think they will get that via free agency and the draft. My main point is that the money being thrown around to 30 year old free agents is insane. I mean having Pat Williams count towards 4.5 mil against the cap is way too much. He's 32 years old (33 by the 2nd game) plus he can get up to 15 mil. guaranteed with the Vikes. That's way too much especially with the free agents we have coming up next year.

Do you agree with what Dallas is doing? Giving away big money to any free agent available? Cause I don't. And how in the hell did mediocre Dumplin Moron Greenwood get a 7 mil. signing bonus from the Texans??? No career interceptions, No career forced fumbles, No career fumble recover. Teams get desperate and I'm glad the Bills aren't one of them.

Mahdi
03-04-2005, 11:52 AM
We have a LT in Mike Williams and LG with Smith. I would like to see another guard brought in to compete with Smith. Willis gained decent yardage last year and I think Big Mike on the left side will only help. They do need depth and I think they will get that via free agency and the draft. My main point is that the money being thrown around to 30 year old free agents is insane. I mean having Pat Williams count towards 4.5 mil against the cap is way too much. He's 32 years old (33 by the 2nd game) plus he can get up to 15 mil. guaranteed with the Vikes. That's way too much especially with the free agents we have coming up next year.

Do you agree with what Dallas is doing? Giving away big money to any free agent available? Cause I don't. And how in the hell did mediocre Dumplin Moron Greenwood get a 7 mil. signing bonus from the Texans??? No career interceptions, No career forced fumbles, No career fumble recover. Teams get desperate and I'm glad the Bills aren't one of them.
I definitely dont agree with all the big money spending, thats not necessary. All im saying is take care of the team needs. Sure we can move mike to LT but who will play RT? and smith played last year and was not consistent, if he was, there would not have been a rotation between him, tucker, and Bannan. Willis averaged just over 3 yards per carry last year and was constantly having to do it after first contact behind or at the line. If we want to be a power football team, it starts at the line. We dont need a Wahle or Rivera, but atleast someone along the lines of Vincent or andruzzi would have been fine. Hopefully TD has something planned.

tomdonahoe
03-04-2005, 12:25 PM
I definitely dont agree with all the big money spending, thats not necessary. All im saying is take care of the team needs. Sure we can move mike to LT but who will play RT? and smith played last year and was not consistent, if he was, there would not have been a rotation between him, tucker, and Bannan. Willis averaged just over 3 yards per carry last year and was constantly having to do it after first contact behind or at the line. If we want to be a power football team, it starts at the line. We dont need a Wahle or Rivera, but atleast someone along the lines of Vincent or andruzzi would have been fine. Hopefully TD has something planned.

I agree but I think Wahle and Rivera got overpaid. Hopefully we re-sign Price and he starts at RT. We'll see.

Bmax
03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Big mike just got married last year...If their are any ladies coming by i'm sure it will be mrs williams or mike's family or friends...........

BMAX

The_Philster
03-04-2005, 03:50 PM
You can't go by what he's paid to decide where he plays...he's a run-blocking tackle...that means he's more of a run blocker than a pass blocker. Big guy like him is better on the right side. His feet aren't really the quick type of feet you need at LT. His salary is what it is because of where he was drafted. This whole discussion is ridiculous. Maybe if you have a fast TE drafted high like Kellen Winslow Jr, you should have to move him to WR because TE's can't make that much money? :rolleyes:
Besides, he and Villiarial have built up a chemistry on the right side...why should we hurt the line just because he gets paid what he does?

G. Host
03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes unfortunately it is how the draft works. If you suck you get higher picks as a penality to make you spend more. Now Vikings tried to "skip" part of this penalty but the league's media reps mocked them continuously and of course the agents were mad for it made it impossible to sell their services to their clients if teams tealized they could "right size" salaries by passing.

Only 1/2 in :;

DaBills
03-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Williams said he didn't have a problem playing LT or RT.

But I'd still check that driveway for excess buffalo wings.

tampabay25690
03-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Last I knew Mike Williams plays RT!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you mak ethat type of $$ in the NFL I think you caN play either Left or right...

ICE74129
03-05-2005, 07:45 AM
He will always bee too slow to pay LT. too fat, to lazy, to immature.