• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

This morning on Sirius NFL Radio...

...they were saying that the holdup in the Henry-Shelton deal was not that Henry wouldn't take a paycut, but that Arizona wanted a draft pick in addition to Henry. TD doesn't want to give it up.

Guess we'll see who blinks first.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• PISSCHUNK
    • Apr 2003

Did they comment on how high of a draft pick Arizona was asking for along with Travis?

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Is this a straight up trade or does AZ have a pick on the table?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

I guess the question now becomes: who has more leverage?
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Romes
          I guess the question now becomes: who has more leverage?
          I've heard multiple teams with interest in Shelton while not many with interest in Henry at this point. I'd guess Arizona has more leverage but anything can happen...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Arizona has the leverage...they've got a pretty high first-rounder they can use on a RB if need be.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Arizona definitely has the leverage look at RB's available in the draft.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

I would not give them a friggin pick unless they had a pick on the table also. No way I would give them Travis and a pick for Shelton
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                  Guess we'll see who blinks first.
                  If it comes down to a staring contest, Dennis Green doesn't have a chance.

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                  I would not give them a friggin pick unless they had a pick on the table also. No way I would give them Travis and a pick for Shelton
                  Agreed. They're lucky we're not demanding THEM to give us a pick. They can go with a rookie and take the risk of a bust all they want. We'll keep our capable 1000 yard backup for cheap.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

If Arizona traded for Henry they would not have to go RB in rd 1 and they could of use that picked to address another need.

Comment

Working...
                    X