• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Someone's smoking dope in Jacksonville

Teams looking for a young quarterback who is less expensive than Drew Brees might want to dial up James "Shack" Harris. At 57, the Jaguars' vice president of player personnel and former NFL quarterback isn't making a comeback, but he has a passer who could fill the bill. Jaguars backup David Garrard is able and available. The asking price for Garrard: a first-round draft pick.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

David "WHO?" Garrard
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Rob Johnson and Drew Bledsoe were steals, though.

Byrd.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Teams looking for a young quarterback who is less expensive than Drew Brees might want to dial up James "Shack" Harris. At 57, the Jaguars' vice president of player personnel and former NFL quarterback isn't making a comeback, but he has a passer who could fill the bill. Jaguars backup David Garrard is able and available. The asking price for Garrard: a first-round draft pick.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

David "WHO?" Garrard
      Maybe Harris (who played at one time for the Bills) attended the PT Barnum school of team management ("A sucker is born every minute."). Garrard was considered an athletic but raw QB coming out of college, but IMHO doesn't have the mental sharpness to qualify as anywhere near a first round quality QB.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

While I think Garrard looks to be a solid QB, he's injury prone. No way worth a 1st rounder. Ridiculous...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Well, they got a #1 for Rob Johnson once.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            We're not falling for that again.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Garrad for a number 1 ha!!!! I would rather pick up any of the FA's then take my chance on a first rounder with Garrad
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

Stop dredging up the past.
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

He was a 4th round pick and they want a 1st for him? Also he was born the same day as Drew and Jim.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

James Harris has the strongest arm of any quarterback I have ever seen.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Well, since an injury-prone, middle-of-the-pack LT (read: Jonas Jennings) got $36 Million, almost anything seems possible.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

James Harris has the strongest arm of any quarterback I have ever seen.
                        Yeah but can he throw a ball 60 yards on his knees?

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                          • Jul 2002

They're looking for a first-day pick, not a first round pick. The story says first round but the player bio says first-day. I think first-day (meaning not first round) is closer to realistic. IMHO a 3rd or 4th rounder would be more like it.

Fri Feb 25 2005 - Jacksonville is hoping trade talk for Garrard will heat up at the scouting combine. Jacksonville would like to get a first-day draft pick for Garrard so it can avoid losing him for nothing in unrestricted free agency next winter. Several clubs could be interested, although a glut of veterans on the market could dampen Garrard's value. (Bart Hubbuch for TSN)

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

That makes sense
                            It was all

Comment

Working...
                            X