PDA

View Full Version : Losman attitude reminds me of Kelly

don137
03-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Hearing JP talk reminds me of the confidence that Jim Kelly had when he was here. It is great to hear him ready to take charge of the offense. I don't take what he says as cockiness. The Bills lacked a leader at the QB position since good ol' number 12 was behind Kent Hull...Now if JP can play with the same fire, competitiveness and ability of Kelly is yet to be determined...So far I really like what I hear.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Did you just give your own thread 5 stars?

don137
03-04-2005, 08:55 AM

Nope, not that I know of...If I can give my own thread stars it was totally by accident...

Cntrygal
03-04-2005, 08:57 AM

No he didn't. I did.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Cool. :up:

BuffaloRanger
03-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Reminds you of Kelly - Blasphomy!

Will he be able to call his own plays? Will he be a field general?

Will he throw into quadruple coverage - and be successful half the time. Will he throw drinks in girls faces at local bars? Will he get into lover's triangles with Lee Evans and a News reporter?

He's got big shoes to fill.

Pride
03-04-2005, 09:44 AM
There are certain players that have that field general mentality.

Jim Kelly was the epidamy of it...
Doug Flutie (while I hated him) he had it... when he was in the huddle, his team BELIEVED they could win
I believe that JP has it as well. It's the belief that everytime you step on the field, you can win... Drew lacked that. While he was a leader in a classy way... he didnt breathe fire into an offense that needed it!

I realize it was a B movie.. and Keanu is an average at best actor... but the movie "The Replacements" was a GREAT illustration of how an average QB, with the heart of a lion, and the love for the game can win over a team and fans.

Kelly was great.. but not because of his ability.. it was because of how his soldiers around him played for him... he made them better by simply being on the field. I think Bledsoe was the ANTI-Kelly in that respect. His troops played down to his level at times... especially the WR's.

Cntrygal
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Hearing JP talk reminds me of the confidence that Jim Kelly had when he was here. It is great to hear him ready to take charge of the offense. I don't take what he says as cockiness. The Bills lacked a leader at the QB position since good ol' number 12 was behind Kent Hull...Now if JP can play with the same fire, competitiveness and ability of Kelly is yet to be determined...So far I really like what I hear.

There are certain players that have that field general mentality.

Jim Kelly was the epidamy of it...
Doug Flutie (while I hated him) he had it... when he was in the huddle, his team BELIEVED they could win
I believe that JP has it as well. It's the belief that everytime you step on the field, you can win... Drew lacked that. While he was a leader in a classy way... he didnt breathe fire into an offense that needed it!

I realize it was a B movie.. and Keanu is an average at best actor... but the movie "The Replacements" was a GREAT illustration of how an average QB, with the heart of a lion, and the love for the game can win over a team and fans.

Kelly was great.. but not because of his ability.. it was because of how his soldiers around him played for him... he made them better by simply being on the field. I think Bledsoe was the ANTI-Kelly in that respect. His troops played down to his level at times... especially the WR's.

:10:

Cntrygal
03-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Reminds you of Kelly - Blasphomy!

Will he be able to call his own plays? Will he be a field general?

Will he throw into quadruple coverage - and be successful half the time. Will he throw drinks in girls faces at local bars? Will he get into lover's triangles with Lee Evans and a News reporter?

He's got big shoes to fill.

Yes, he's got big shoes to fill. ESPECIALLY since Buffalo fans are so cynical after years of disappointment. BUT, I believe Don is saying that JP's attitude reminds him of JK. There's nothing wrong with that.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-04-2005, 10:27 AM
epitomy

Pride
03-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks! I knew it wasn't right, but didnt realize I was that far off! :up:

Mudflap1
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Losman reminds me of Rob Johnson with Doug Flutie's smugness...

Jon

Mr. Cynical
03-04-2005, 04:10 PM
epitome

im4bflo
03-04-2005, 04:43 PM
JP, like Kelly, will ROCK the now nonbillievers world,
but I'll save room on the bandwagon for you, you are Billfans.
IMHO if my QB isn't cocky, I'm worried. JPD!

kevinj22
03-04-2005, 05:31 PM
I posted that same reaction a few times on this forum. He really does remind me of Kelly. I like that he said "people say that I'm cocky, I just know what I can do on the football field". If you want to take that as cocky so be it. I want my QB to be "LOADED" with confidence. GO JP

Cntrygal
03-05-2005, 09:07 AM
I posted that same reaction a few times on this forum. He really does remind me of Kelly. I like that he said "people say that I'm cocky, I just know what I can do on the football field". If you want to take that as cocky so be it. I want my QB to be "LOADED" with confidence. GO JP

:10: