PDA

View Full Version : Cap Cut Prioleau/Wire

juice
03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
The Bills look as though they aren't in as good of Cap Shape as once believed. Some are asking why hasn't PP been cut yet or if Wire will be a Cap Casualty?

Who should the Bills keep as the backup SS since they they both count about $1.5 Million against the Cap next year?

Wire is listed as #2 SS on the depth chart but has struggled to say the least in coverage.. Pretty good tackler when he's not over-persuing or playing too aggressive.

Prioleau is listed as the #3 SS and #3 FS has shown flashes of ability in coverage and plays well against the run and in Blitzing.

I don't think we can keep both at basically the same position with most of the same strengths.

Who's the Keeper and who's the Cutter?

OpIv37
03-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I'd rather keep Prioleau- I think Wire has potential but PP is better at the moment.

But the start of your post is an interesting point- if the Bills are in such bad cap shape, why hasn't SOMEONE been cut yet to free up space? Right now, Losman's the only QB on the roster, so at the very least we need to free up money for a back-up.

ScottLawrence
03-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Cut Wire.

Keep PP.

Crisis
03-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Restructure them both. Both good special teamers.

juice
03-04-2005, 02:19 PM
You can only keep one.. and PP can cover - they can both "Lay the Wood"

Marvelous
03-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Keep Prioleau. He is a playmaker kinda like Ron Edwards. Makes the most outta his limited time. I don't like him starting but i love it when he plays in dime formations. Wire i think is nothing special. IMO He reminds people of Tasker.

Ebenezer
03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Restructure them both. Both good special teamers.
not an idea I would be upset about...unless you can get better.

djjimkelly
03-04-2005, 02:50 PM
keep wire as he is a special teams guru

G. Host
03-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Cut Prioleau. Wire is much more essential to special teams and special teams will be impoirtant in the years it will take for Losman and offense to mature.

Crisis
03-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Cut Prioleau. Wire is much more essential to special teams and special teams will be impoirtant in the years it will take for Losman and offense to mature.

I'm not sure about that. I remember PP making some great tackles on kick coverage. He was flying down the field.