PDA

View Full Version : Tw Law in Buffalo Tomorrow....

Italian Stallion
03-04-2005, 06:07 PM
During the "Afternoon Blitz" on Sirius NFL Radioit was confirmed by both hosts to a caller from Syracuse that Ty Law will be in B-lo tommorow....

Also, they had some good things to say about the Gandy signing,saying that he's a "lunch pail" guy and can play almost any position along the line...Also suggested that if he starts, he could be moved next to C. Villerial at RT because they are supposedly familiar from their Chicago days....

Pride
03-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I have no problem with this at all! I think McGee needs another year at Nickel Back before he is handed the reigns!

He is defintaely a playmaker, but lacks the experience at this point!

Jersey1031
03-04-2005, 06:13 PM
During the "Afternoon Blitz" on Sirius NFL Radioit was confirmed by both hosts to a caller from Syracuse that Ty Law will be in B-lo tommorow....

Also, they had some good things to say about the Gandy signing,saying that he's a "lunch pail" guy and can play almost any position along the line...Also suggested that if he starts, he could be moved next to C. Villerial at RT because they are supposedly familiar from their Chicago days....

awesome news, but can we even afford ty?? the cap numbers are all screwy and no one knows how much we got... hope this gandy guy can play though *crossin the fingers on this signing*

ryjam282
03-04-2005, 06:13 PM
WOW, I would love it if he and Lawyer were back together again. It would have to be cheap though.....

Italian Stallion
03-04-2005, 06:15 PM
I have no problem with this at all! I think McGee needs another year at Nickel Back before he is handed the reigns!

He is defintaely a playmaker, but lacks the experience at this point!

I agree... If he signs for decent money tho...No reason to overpay for anything on defense at this point

The guys on the show also said that he isn't getting alot of play in FA because of his injured ankle...But that its good for a team like the Bills to take a chance on him because they won't rely heavy on him due to a great defense already...if he signed with the Chiefs then they would rely on him due to a ****ty defense

OpIv37
03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
awesome news, but can we even afford ty?? the cap numbers are all screwy and no one knows how much we got... hope this gandy guy can play though *crossin the fingers on this signing*

my thoughts exactly

Jan Reimers
03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Don't the deals with Gandy and Holcomb, plus the bringing in of Law, indicate to ANYONE that Clayton's numbers may be less than accurate?

Jersey1031
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Don't the deals with Gandy and Holcomb, plus the bringing in of Law, indicate to ANYONE that Clayton's numbers may be less than accurate?

yeaa...clayton made a boo boo. no worries, we're good now then.

mybills
03-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Sorry I don't get this. Is he just visiting?

RedEyE
03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Sorry I don't get this. Is he just visiting?

He hasn't signed if that's what your asking. Looks like the Bills are bringin him and sizing up his value.

mybills
03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks, Red!

kevinj22
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
If we can get him cheap then fine. He can only make us better. "COVERAGE SACKS"

generalmills
03-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I love this move....if TD can get him signed for a fair amount of money then by all means do it.. (perhaps his good friend Milloy can help out with this too!!) Mcgee was getting beat all last year and keeping drives alive... it will do him good to sit behind a vet like Law who knows how to make breaks toward the ball at correct times.

Dare I say it?? if this gets done... Best secondary in the AFC???

Sportsuser101
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
He certainly wants to be here. He was on the NFL network earlier last year with a Bills cap on.

ryjam282
03-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Heck, he may be thinking like Vincent was last year....He doesn't want to go to a team and be the main guy that everyone is looking at. He wants to be part of a 'team" defense...Maybe his foot hasn't healed all the way and he just wants to get back together with his buddy Lawyer. :shrug:

Jersey1031
I love this move....if TD can get him signed for a fair amount of money then by all means do it.. (perhaps his good friend Milloy can help out with this too!!) Mcgee was getting beat all last year and keeping drives alive... it will do him good to sit behind a vet like Law who knows how to make breaks toward the ball at correct times.

dare?? if hes signed and we find someone to fill big pats hole, WE WILL BE THE #1 DEFENSE!

mysticsoto
I'm kind of surprised that Minnesota isn't pursuing him...

mybills
03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
After Bledsoe, I'm leary of ex-Pats. :snicker:

Dicknoze69
03-04-2005, 07:13 PM

I know Kansas City wants him badly, but they also want Rolle. Thought the Vikings had some interest, but maybe we can beat them to the punch.

generalmills
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM
please don't say that!!!! bad karma!!! :nervous:

Ickybaluky
WOW, I would love it if he and Lawyer were back together again. It would have to be cheap though.....

Ty is a great player. He still is. However, he has never been and never will be cheap. His agents are the Poston Brothers, and they don't take discounts.

Jersey1031

i like milloy

RedEyE
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM

Absolutely. With names like Clements, Vincent, Milloy, and the young burner McGee, and now possibly Law.

Jersey1031
03-04-2005, 07:18 PM

i like lawyer!

Jersey1031
03-04-2005, 07:19 PM
sorry for the repeat, my internets going nutty!!

mybills
03-04-2005, 07:20 PM
i like milloy
he rocked in 03..seemed like every other play they were saying his name..
then he came back from his injury in 04 and you hardly ever heard him mentioned. It happens with a lot of teams..break out of the box the first year (Bledsoe included) then fall off the map. Maybe Law can perk him up again. :idunno:

Crisis
03-04-2005, 07:21 PM
then he came back from his injury in 04 and you hardly ever heard him mentioned. It happens with a lot of teams..break out of the box the first year (Bledsoe included) then fall off the map. Maybe Law can perk him up again. :idunno:

Did you watch the games last year? Milloy was HUGE. Look how the defense changed when he got back in the line-up.

Dicknoze69
03-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Ty is a great player. He still is. However, he has never been and never will be cheap. His agents are the Poston Brothers, and they don't take discounts.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe Ty can slap those guys around a little and put some sense in their heads.

Jersey1031
03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Maybe Law can perk him up again. :idunno:

hell yea law would perk milloy! and not to mention the entire defense

Shasta McNasty
03-04-2005, 07:26 PM
sign Law cheaper (GMs are leary of his injury-we no TD will gamble) than Clements will cost to resign next season, package Henry and Clements for Shelton and a high pick!

mybills
03-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Did you watch the games last year? Milloy was HUGE. Look how the defense changed when he got back in the line-up.
Did you even read my post?
IMO - there was a difference btw 03 & 04 (exluding injuries) on Milloy alone!

Jersey1031
03-04-2005, 07:29 PM
sign Law cheaper (GMs are leary of his injury-we no TD will gamble) than Clements will cost to resign next season, package Henry and Clements for Shelton and a high pick!

no gettin rid of clements!! he has a very bright future in this league...

The Natrix
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
I doubt the Bills will sign Law. It might be a way of telling the Cards to pull their heads out of their asses and send us Shelton for a cheap, franchise RB, or we will spend the money elsewhere.

Shasta McNasty
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
no gettin rid of clements!! he has a very bright future in this league...

Oh I agree, same way I felt about Winfield. Just a thought that made some sense to me when you consider how much Clements will cost next year.

Dozerdog
03-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Minnesota is showing the NFL what a joke their owner is.

Mr. Cynical
03-04-2005, 07:40 PM
He's 31 and injured. I don't want another aging CB, especially one that we don't know what will be like after an injury...and especially if he is going to want big $$$$. We have MUCH better places to spend the cash, e.g., OL, DE, backup QB, etc.

Jersey1031
03-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Minnesota is showing the NFL what a joke their owner is.

what does he care anymore, he's selling the team

BidsJr
03-04-2005, 07:41 PM

Hey I'm an ex-Pat stuck in Canada and there is nothing wrong with me!>!>

:mex:

Dozerdog
03-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Thus the lack of incentive to pay for Law.

Crisis
03-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Yes I read your post. Milloy was great LAST year is what I said. You said you never heard his name in 04 (LAST year). Milloy was a huge part of the turn-around last year, IMO.

mysticsoto
03-04-2005, 07:44 PM
I know Kansas City wants him badly, but they also want Rolle. Thought the Vikings had some interest, but maybe we can beat them to the punch.
The only way we'll get Law is if he's angry against the Patriots FO and wants revenge. Here's hoping Law comes here. I've always thought very highly of him - and despite his injury, I still think he has alot left in him...

ICE74129
03-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Make no mistake this is not revenge...this is a reconing....

RedEyE
03-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Make no mistake this is not revenge...this is a reconing....

Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone.

I know that movie front and back.

Mr. Cynical
03-04-2005, 08:03 PM
reckoning

Philagape
03-04-2005, 08:18 PM
I'd like to know how we could afford Law this year.
Also, there's no one we can afford who's worth trading Nate for.

paladin warrior
03-04-2005, 08:53 PM
:hail: Pleeeesseee GET TY LAW. He Is alots of helper. And He run like squrriel:hail: :hail: :hail:

The Spaz
03-04-2005, 08:54 PM
He sure wouldn't hurt...

Iehoshua
03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Adding Law would be HUGE! We'd have arguably the best secondary in football. I won't be upset if we get him! Perhaps, since his buddy Milloy is here, he'll come at a discount!

I think we need another cb more than a 3rd receiver...

G. Host
03-04-2005, 09:18 PM

Maybe Ty Law is a guest speaker for "How to get more money than you are worth" lecture for players who still with Buffalo. I know Jennings swears by his tapes.

I would not want to sign Law unless we are going to package him with Lawyer to trade to another team.

The_Philster
03-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Yes I read your post. Milloy was great LAST year is what I said. You said you never heard his name in 04 (LAST year). Milloy was a huge part of the turn-around last year, IMO.

not just your opinion....the defense as a unit seemed to play much better when Lawyer came back...it may not show up in the stat sheet how big an impact he had himself but just by watching how the defensive players moved like a well-oiled machine spoke volumes to me.

Kerr
03-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh man, if we got law that would be amazing. This would completely set us up as having the best secondary in the nfl. I'm pretty sure Law will recover from his injury. The guy has a few years left in his tank. We could use his talent and leadership.

Dirtywater
03-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Law would be an amazing addition. You guys would benefit immensly from it. He had a broken foot, which heal fine and he'd be great. Keep in mind though, he may take a minor discount to play with Milloy again, but make no mistake, he will take a huge salary to sign.

It's a double-edged sword.... upper level talent for upper level pay. He's got at least 2 more sick years in him.

I think he is looking to be paid for what he has already done versus what he will do from here on out. And going by that, he is worth a lot. Does that make it prudent for a team to sign him to a huge deal? Depends on that team's current and future cap issues, but he is the real deal to whoever gets him.

You know the Pats, they weren't going to put such a huge percentage on one guy, especially after we won it without him. They'd rather spend their money more wisely and hope they can do it like they have been. No sure things.

The way I see it, Law would be a great 'knock-out' punch for any team on the verge of winning a Super Bowl. You guys may just be that team, but I just read this on KFFL:

Bills | Little Room Under Salary Cap - from www.KFFL.com ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Buffalo Bills have just $652,000 in salary cap room as of Friday, March 4.

So, who would you have to cut?

Tatonka
03-05-2005, 01:04 AM
ty law is the best cb in the league.. he has been for some time..

his injury.. it is a broken bone.. there is basically no chance that his injury is going to hurt his play or linger.. but the fact that he is not 100% yet is good.. teams will shy away a bit.

i will say this.. i am indifferent as to whether we sign him.. i like him.. and he seems like the type of guy, like milloy, who would sign with us just to try and get even with NE... and like milloy, he is all about his money.. he wont be cheap..

if we sign him though.. our secondary will be as dominant as any that i can think of in the nfl in some time.. clements, vincent, milloy, law, mcgee, thomas.. wow.

i will also say this.. if law is signed.. clements will be 100% gone next year.. in actuality, i think there is no way that clements will be back anyway.. but you can bet that if we sign law, clements is gone for sure.. just like at WR.. you dont pay 2 top cbs... plus.. mcgee is due for an extension soon too..

Dirtywater
03-05-2005, 01:07 AM
You guys have the wrong impression if you think he is out to get revenge on NE. It didn't end bad, at all. He knew before the season that they would cut him at the end, and they did so in turn in a timely manner that Law wanted. He spoke to belichick privately on the phone and both parted ways amicably.

In the end, they cleared the air and both know this is a business, and cuts happen on every team. This will be his last chance at a huge contract, and seeing how he's won 3 rings, I can't blame him for looking to cash in.

Either way, just know this was not the Milloy situation all over again. I think Law has a solid 2 more years in him and then he could still perform as a safety as he winds down.

hwc
03-05-2005, 01:16 AM
his injury.. it is a broken bone.. there is basically no chance that his injury is going to hurt his play or linger.

Do a Google search on LisFranc injuries. Law has a serious foot injury.

Some players recover enough to continue their careers (Duce Staley). However, it can also be a career ending injury due to the stress put on the foot.

There is almost always chronic pain involved.

Tatonka
03-05-2005, 01:45 AM
You guys have the wrong impression if you think he is out to get revenge on NE. It didn't end bad, at all. He knew before the season that they would cut him at the end, and they did so in turn in a timely manner that Law wanted. He spoke to belichick privately on the phone and both parted ways amicably.

In the end, they cleared the air and both know this is a business, and cuts happen on every team. This will be his last chance at a huge contract, and seeing how he's won 3 rings, I can't blame him for looking to cash in.

Either way, just know this was not the Milloy situation all over again. I think Law has a solid 2 more years in him and then he could still perform as a safety as he winds down.

he sounded like him and bill were real amicable when he was calling bill a guy who gets paid to lie to his players on sportcenter..

Dirtywater
03-05-2005, 01:53 AM
he sounded like him and bill were real amicable when he was calling bill a guy who gets paid to lie to his players on sportcenter..

Seriously, take my word on this. That was before the '03 season (which we won SB 38.) He was indeed very angry. Now, if he left at that point, the anger/revenge talk would be warrented. But much happened after that.

Belichick talked with Law and the Postons beofre the season ('04). At the end of that meeting all parties were satisfied. Why? It was plain to see. They would pay him for the '04 season and then release him. It was and is a business, and once Law knew the Pats would release him with plenty of time to find a suitor who would have the funds to pay him, he was fine.

Did you hear any peeps all season? No. it was settled. If you read Law's quotes after he was released, he said all the right things, he wished he could have stayed, he wanted to retire but it's a business, he was happy they released him with plenty of time in the FA market, etc. Both he and Belichick made a point to say how they spoke and wished each other well, etc. Add to that Kraft speaking to him, and Law was dissapointed but realistic on his departure. He handled it like a pure pro. Props to him and the organization.

Tatonka
03-05-2005, 01:59 AM
so what do you think of his injury, dirty?

Dirtywater
03-05-2005, 02:03 AM
so what do you think of his injury, dirty?

I think he'll be just fine. It was more serious than he originally thought, but I think in todays day he will be perfectly fine. People come back from broken feet. The guys is awesome and if you can get him he will really help you guys. He is infectious out there in a good way.

The Natrix
03-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Maybe Ty Law is a guest speaker for "How to get more money than you are worth"

That's what I am thinking. :::

Mr. Cynical
03-05-2005, 02:26 AM
IMO we don't need an injured 31 yr old CB, especially an expensive one. If it is between Ty and Nate, I'll take Nate any day. I don't want to be looking for a new CB every year, and IMO Ty has 1-2 tops...maybe less if his injury slows him down.
I really hope we don't blow the cash on him. We need help in other areas alot more, e.g., OL and DE...heck even kicker would be higher on my list than CB.

Tatonka
03-05-2005, 02:34 AM
maybe they are not sold on mcgee.. or maybe they know nate wont stick around because someone will overpay him..

there is no way we will keep nate.. td wont overpay.. if he can get law a bit cheaper for whatever reason (injury, to play with milloy, whatever).. he might.

and of all the positions in the nfl.. CB is one of, if not the, most overpaid position in the league..

look at the absurd money that anthony henry got... more than winfield.. who was WAY overpaid.. better yet.. show me a CB who changed teams that was just average or better.. and was signed to be a starter that DIDNT just get ridiculous money..

nate will be gone.. because TD wont overpay him, and at least 4 other teams will do it without blinking.

Mr. Cynical
03-05-2005, 02:39 AM
Good points....

So let's not be one of those teams that gets reamed by an aging vet for twice what he's worth. I don't think TD is going to do that.....at least I hope not. If Nate becomes too pricey, then we better hope Thomas steps up or we draft someone.

Philagape
03-05-2005, 06:28 AM
maybe they are not sold on mcgee.. or maybe they know nate wont stick around because someone will overpay him..

there is no way we will keep nate.. td wont overpay.. if he can get law a bit cheaper for whatever reason (injury, to play with milloy, whatever).. he might.

and of all the positions in the nfl.. CB is one of, if not the, most overpaid position in the league..

look at the absurd money that anthony henry got... more than winfield.. who was WAY overpaid.. better yet.. show me a CB who changed teams that was just average or better.. and was signed to be a starter that DIDNT just get ridiculous money..

nate will be gone.. because TD wont overpay him, and at least 4 other teams will do it without blinking.

I saw somewhere that CB has the highest franchise player salary of all the positions .... that's messed up

mybills
03-05-2005, 07:12 AM
not just your opinion....the defense as a unit seemed to play much better when Lawyer came back...it may not show up in the stat sheet how big an impact he had himself but just by watching how the defensive players moved like a well-oiled machine spoke volumes to me.
And I don't disagree with this..but he just quoted me wrong again..he said that I said Milloy "never" showed up in 04..what I said was, his name was
"hardly mentioned". His stats in 04 were because of 2 things..his injury time out, and when he did come back, he wasn't making as many plays as he did in 03. The latter was my reason for saying hardly. :cynic:

Dozerdog
03-05-2005, 08:57 AM
I saw somewhere that CB has the highest franchise player salary of all the positions .... that's messed up
Well, 2004 was the year of the FA CB. Lots of guys out there inflating the market. Bailey got a huge del, and Winfield was given an insane front loaded contract. These deals were all done BEFORE the NFL rules committee decided to have the refs start enforcing the no-touch rule after 5 yards.

Suddenly, some of the best cover guys were looking overpaid and average.

Dozerdog
03-05-2005, 09:00 AM
I posted this in another thread..... maybe there is more to the foot injury. Teams aren't going to risk a big dollar long term deal until he can demonstrate he is healthy. I can see him going for a modest deal for 1 year to proove he's back to full strength.

Mr. Cynical
03-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Well, 2004 was the year of the FA CB. Lots of guys out there inflating the market. Bailey got a huge del, and Winfield was given an insane front loaded contract. These deals were all done BEFORE the NFL rules committee decided to have the refs start enforcing the no-touch rule after 5 yards.

Suddenly, some of the best cover guys were looking overpaid and average.
Bingo. :up:

I posted the same comment in the other thread. The time for the multi-billion dollar CBs is gone with the new rules.

thebuffalobills4
03-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Law would be an amazing addition. You guys would benefit immensly from it. He had a broken foot, which heal fine and he'd be great. Keep in mind though, he may take a minor discount to play with Milloy again, but make no mistake, he will take a huge salary to sign.

It's a double-edged sword.... upper level talent for upper level pay. He's got at least 2 more sick years in him.

I think he is looking to be paid for what he has already done versus what he will do from here on out. And going by that, he is worth a lot. Does that make it prudent for a team to sign him to a huge deal? Depends on that team's current and future cap issues, but he is the real deal to whoever gets him.

You know the Pats, they weren't going to put such a huge percentage on one guy, especially after we won it without him. They'd rather spend their money more wisely and hope they can do it like they have been. No sure things.

The way I see it, Law would be a great 'knock-out' punch for any team on the verge of winning a Super Bowl. You guys may just be that team, but I just read this on KFFL:

So, who would you have to cut?
that is not how much we have in our cap.their numbers are way off.last time i checked, we were 14 mil under the cap. :$: :nono:

Throne Logic
03-05-2005, 07:51 PM
You can't put too much money on one side of the ball. The defense already has a number of highly paid players. Time to spend a bit of that on offense to help balance the ship. I doubt that Law will be looking for anything that resembles a "cheap" deal.

ShadowHawk7
03-05-2005, 11:20 PM

There's a good chance we already do. Who has a better secondary? Law would be an amazing Milloy-like signing IMO.