PDA

View Full Version : clump, can you PLEASE set that @$$clown clayton....

ICE74129
03-04-2005, 06:36 PM
this guy is a friggin moron

ddaryl
03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Is Clayton wrong ? The media is more privyed to information at NFLPA.org then we are

The_Philster
03-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Is Clayton wrong ? The media is more privyed to information at NFLPA.org then we are

Clayton's the only one who came up with that kind of info...other media sources are more in line what Clump and Eb have

Jan Reimers
03-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Don't the Gandy and Holcomb deals tend to disprove Clayton's numbers?

ddaryl
03-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Don't the Gandy and Holcomb deals tend to disprove Clayton's numbers?
Welll according to the email response I received form Clayton this afternoon

[quote]I'm going off management council numbers. There were at $650,000 on Thursday. They cleared $1.6 million of room Friday morning, so they are at $2.265 million. That's no misprint. They don't have much room.[/quoote]

some how the Bills cleared room as of this morning. That would be enough to sign both Gandy and Holcombe

I don't know what to say, none of us really knows for sure, and Eb, & Clump are putting together pieces of the salary cap puzzle with tidbits of info as they come available.

I want to believe the higher # too

Bert102176
03-04-2005, 06:59 PM
even channel 2, 4, and 7 news said the Bills had about 6 mil to spend though, this was about 3 weeks ago

DraftBoy
03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Welll according to the email response I received form Clayton this afternoon

[quote]I'm going off management council numbers. There were at $650,000 on Thursday. They cleared $1.6 million of room Friday morning, so they are at $2.265 million. That's no misprint. They don't have much room.[/quoote]

some how the Bills cleared room as of this morning. That would be enough to sign both Gandy and Holcombe

I don't know what to say, none of us really knows for sure, and Eb, & Clump are putting together pieces of the salary cap puzzle with tidbits of info as they come available.

I want to believe the higher # too

What the hell did we miss?? That he knows about?

Mudflap1
03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
If that's the case, Tom Donahoe should be immediately fired...

And if that's the case, how are we bringing in Ty Law????? He's going to play for the league minimum to play in Buffalo?

Jon

ct bills fan
03-04-2005, 08:02 PM
The 2 signings don't disprove the 652K notion. They only agreed to terms of the contract, the cap space doesn't have to be cleared until the actual signing of the contract and submission of the contract to the league, If the $652k is correct, expect to hear about a cap casualty or restructuring in the next couple of days.

Dozerdog
03-04-2005, 09:12 PM
If that's the case, Tom Donahoe should be immediately fired...

Jon
:rofl:

Why?

Everyone acts like we cut 8 players yesterday.

clumping platelets
03-04-2005, 10:34 PM
:shakeno:

jamze132
03-05-2005, 10:21 AM
I would be somewhat puzzled by Donahoe's master plan if we only had $650,000 to begin with. Didn't he say in an after season press conference that we were in pretty good cap shape? I'm sure before he made those coments that he was aware of escalators and perfomance bonuses?

Ebenezer
03-05-2005, 11:50 AM
:shakeno:
Until we can find out what the cap adjustment for this year was we are just pissing into the wind...I had the Bills $5mil under...$4.5mil more than Clayton...hard to phathom that their adjustment was that huge but who konws...lots of TDs by Evans, McGee, and McGahee...it is possible they had some bonuses hooked to that. It's possible that there were playing time bonues hooked to LE and WM as well. I think Clump has said that MANY players have bonuses in their deal. If that is true we could be talking little bonuses here and there for, what?, say 40 players...that could add up quickly.

Mudflap1
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Why should Tom Donahoe be fired if the salary cap is $652K?

I would be somewhat puzzled by Donahoe's master plan if we only had $650,000 to begin with. Didn't he say in an after season press conference that we were in pretty good cap shape? I'm sure before he made those coments that he was aware of escalators and perfomance bonuses?

That's why. We didn't hire him and keep him around for four years with no playoff appearances to be in worse cap shape than the Raiders, Redskins, Panthers, etc.

Jon

JWatts
03-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Here's the numbers I found for Holcomb

Holcomb, 31, will sign a four-year, $6.6 million contract that includes a $2 million signing bonus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2005327

Dozerdog
03-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Why should Tom Donahoe be fired if the salary cap is $652K?

That's why. We didn't hire him and keep him around for four years with no playoff appearances to be in worse cap shape than the Raiders, Redskins, Panthers, etc.

Jon
Define "worse cap shape"

Will the Bills be gutting their roster in 2-3 seasons? Are they set up for long term stability?

They might have only a $20 Bill in their wallet for the moment- but their credit card bills are manageable.

The redskins might have $50 in their wallet- but the credit card Bills coming up will crush them

BADTHINGSMAN
03-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Dozer has it right here..

The Raiders seem to be trying to buy the 1yr run.. Instead of signing players that will fit in (TD like) the Raiders are signing the big-name players..

In 2 years tops the Raiders will have to unload just as the Titans had to this year, and the Dolphins the past 2 years..

The Redskins im still trying to figure out what on earth they are doing.. Redskins are just overpaying players..

SabreEleven
03-05-2005, 10:54 PM
You can spell out AssClown, Trust me.