• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Why did Kelly Holcolmb sign here?

My question is this, we all know Holcolmb wants to start still so why did he sign here? Did TD say to him that there may be an open competition in camp for Losman to try and win the job, or did he tell Kelly that its Losman's job and if he wants it he's gonna have to beat the kid badly in TC and preseason. Just a thought, although I love the signing.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

Either way I'm happy to have him. I think he probably thinks losman will struggle and he can play himself back into the starter spot.

Comment

• buffalofan19
      God's gift to the Zone
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      My question is this, we all know Holcolmb wants to start still so why did he sign here? Did TD say to him that there may be an open competition in camp for Losman to try and win the job, or did he tell Kelly that its Losman's job and if he wants it he's gonna have to beat the kid badly in TC and preseason. Just a thought, although I love the signing.
      My thoughts exactly. I'm surprised he came here this fast and didn't look for a place that he could possibly start. But I'll take him hands down. I was sure that he wouldn't want to come to Buffalo to back up an inexperienced QB, but I guess I was wrong. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if he were the starter come week one. I like him alot.
      Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
      Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
      Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
      Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
      Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
      Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

ohh they should definitley compete for the starting job...im not one for handing poeple free gifts, it is a position that must be earned. better man will produce better for the team, better for us...
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

Last I heard, Cleveland and Holcomb were about $2 million apart from a contract agreement. I'm shocked too, because Cleveland was the perfect place for him to start.

I'm betting he got sick of Cleveland dicking him around, and went to the next suitor (us).

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Wow, I didn't see this coming. Basically our QB position is now no worse then last year and probably better off.

As far as I am concerned the only free agent signings the Bills have left is another offensive lineman, maybe a kicker too but I think a kicker can be had on the cheap closer to camp. After that, all the other holes can be filled by draft picks.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
              • Feb 2003

I was wondering the same thing, good work TD!

Comment

• Bert102176
                • Aug 2002

did he sign, I couldn't find anything on espn, nor on NFL.com
                lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Major TD coup.
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                    Wow, I didn't see this coming. Basically our QB position is now no worse then last year and probably better off.

As far as I am concerned the only free agent signings the Bills have left is another offensive lineman, maybe a kicker too but I think a kicker can be had on the cheap closer to camp. After that, all the other holes can be filled by draft picks.
                    What do you mean no worse? We have had a definite upgrade! JP is faster and much more mobile that lead footed Drew, and even his backup is a step up from Shane - our previous backup.

My only concern is to get the entire line early in training camp without distractions and weight problems so that their "gel-ling" can happen quickly under McNally's tutelage.

I say we are looking pretty good now. For all those panicking about TD not doing anything - they all seem to be quiet now...

Comment

• Bert102176
                      • Aug 2002

ok NFL.com has it on there now
                      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

Maybe he realized Cleveland sucks and even if he got to start, they would still suck. Losman's questionable durability might have been another factor.

Byrd.

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
                          Either way I'm happy to have him. I think he probably thinks losman will struggle and he can play himself back into the starter spot.
                          Or that Losman will get hurt (maybe he is friends with a certain Bills DB) and he will get his chance. There might be incentive clauses in it like Flutie's contract.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

I think he knows he is coming in as a backup. I'm pretty sure the Bills would make that clear.

That said, I think the guy thought Cleveland wasn't really going to commit to him. I think they just wanted to use him as a stopgap, and then cast him aside when they found someone else to commit to.

He may be a backup in Buffalo, but he is likely to have some security in that role and stay here for a few years. He has a good chance to see out the contract. I'm sure he has incentives that will pay him more if called upon to play a lot and performs well.

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                              I think he knows he is coming in as a backup. I'm pretty sure the Bills would make that clear.

That said, I think the guy thought Cleveland wasn't really going to commit to him. I think they just wanted to use him as a stopgap, and then cast him aside when they found someone else to commit to.

He may be a backup in Buffalo, but he is likely to have some security in that role and stay here for a few years. He has a good chance to see out the contract. I'm sure he has incentives that will pay him more if called upon to play a lot and performs well.
                              Exactly right. Article I read said he has incentives for playing time and starting and his agent said Holcomb knows he's accepting a back-up role.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X