PDA

View Full Version : Holcomb a very solid signing

BillsFanInPgh
03-04-2005, 10:55 PM
I live in Pittsburgh and was at the Steelers-Browns playoff game a few years ago and this guy can play. He is very solid and is EXTREMELY accurate. I think he is the perfect backup and should anything happen to Losman he can step in and not only play well, but help us win. He was very popular in Cleveland among his teammates. Great signing TD!! :bow: :gobills:

kgun12
03-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Nice post.

Welcome to the boards!!!

BillsFanInPgh
03-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks. I've been a newbie here and have just been reading the posts for the past week or so. Seems like alot of intelligent posters and not too many jerk-off's or trolls come on here!

I would really like to see the Bills sign Keydrick Vincent from the Steelers. He is a road grader at the G position and would be very very helpful to the ground game. Any thoughts?

Dicknoze69
03-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I like him also. Seems to be a good run blocker and an average pass protector. Played pretty well last year from what I saw. We definitely need some O-line help and there doesn't seem to be that big of a market for Guards anymore.

If Vincent comes reasonably, which I don't see as a problem, I think he'd be an excellent fit for the Bills with McNally working with him.

Mahdi
03-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks. I've been a newbie here and have just been reading the posts for the past week or so. Seems like alot of intelligent posters and not too many jerk-off's or trolls come on here!

I would really like to see the Bills sign Keydrick Vincent from the Steelers. He is a road grader at the G position and would be very very helpful to the ground game. Any thoughts?
LG is still a weakness on our line, signing Vincent would be great for our inside run game, something we didnt have last year. Hopefully TD gets him in here.

In other words. I AGREE!

Kerr
03-05-2005, 12:47 AM
This signing totally surprised me. I would have never imagined us getting holcomb since he had the open spot in Cleveland. Wow, this is incredible.

jaycorp51
03-05-2005, 09:19 AM
i think the holcomb signing is a brilliant move by td. this guy has some playoff experience, has won a few games, and didn't break the bank. besides...if jp slips up a little bit with his rookie mistakes, holcomb can come in and keep the ship afloat. as fas as keydrick vincent, he would be a good addition too. now if we can only bring in shelton we'll be good to go on o-line for now.

elltrain22
03-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Totally agree. I was very happy to see we signed Holcolmb

jamze132
03-05-2005, 09:55 AM
I think Holcomb got a bad rap. It's not fair that anyone judges him by his numbers since he did play in Cleveland. But his numbers aren't really that bad. The guy can enter a shootout if needed. But I doubt that he would have to since he now has a defense. IMO, might be our best FA signing since Spikes.