PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Nugent....

OpIv37
03-05-2005, 12:03 PM
So, One Bills Drive hasn't done anything to replace Lindell. The assumption (hope, wish, pipedream?) is that the Bills are targeting Nugent in the draft. But realistically, can we hope to get him? It's a safe assumption that a kicker won't go in the first round, but we don't have a pick until late in the second. If he's as good as everyone thinks, he won't be there in the 3rd (at least not when our pick rolls around).

How many teams drafting ahead of us in round 2 need a kicker? Will TD have to pull a trade out of his ass to get this guy? And is a kicker even worth a #2? (being that it's a serious need for this team and this draft is weak, I think it is).

Jayhawk
03-05-2005, 12:05 PM
that drunken oakland kicker was a first, and he's been decent to good, so no I wouldn't waste my time, someone will pop free and we can use the pick for line

Dozerdog
03-05-2005, 01:10 PM
So, One Bills Drive hasn't done anything to replace Lindell. The assumption (hope, wish, pipedream?) is that the Bills are targeting Nugent in the draft. But realistically, can we hope to get him? It's a safe assumption that a kicker won't go in the first round, but we don't have a pick until late in the second. If he's as good as everyone thinks, he won't be there in the 3rd (at least not when our pick rolls around).

How many teams drafting ahead of us in round 2 need a kicker? Will TD have to pull a trade out of his ass to get this guy? And is a kicker even worth a #2? (being that it's a serious need for this team and this draft is weak, I think it is).
Are you happy with our OL and DL right now?

Why waste it on a kicker?

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2005, 01:32 PM

I agree. I don't care how highly touted a kicker is, he's still a freakin kicker.

ddaryl
03-05-2005, 01:35 PM
:lolhit: Wango Tango :twirl:

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I think we have more important needs than replacing Lindell. He's not been too great, but I think we need an offense that can string a few first downs together first. Kicking outside of 40 yards in the Ralph is tough for anybody so we need to be able to get the guy closer. His percentage last year was good for second all time among Bills kickers. He needs to be a little more consistent inside 40 yards, but overall, I don't see how he's so horrible that we need to draft a kicker in the early rounds.

Sportsuser101
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
I refuse to talk about a kicker for more then 2 minutes. I talked about Lindell enough last year.

:gossips:

The Natrix
03-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd have no problem spending a 2nd rounder on Nugent. After seeing all of Vinatieri's clutch kicks over the past few years, I can't believe people still say "well it's just a kicker." Especially Bills fans! I'm sure we'd love to see the Bills get to the 2nd round of the playoffs only to lose because Lindell can't hit a 47 yarder with time expiring.

OpIv37
03-05-2005, 02:37 PM
I think we have more important needs than replacing Lindell. He's not been too great, but I think we need an offense that can string a few first downs together first. Kicking outside of 40 yards in the Ralph is tough for anybody so we need to be able to get the guy closer. His percentage last year was good for second all time among Bills kickers. He needs to be a little more consistent inside 40 yards, but overall, I don't see how he's so horrible that we need to draft a kicker in the early rounds.

he misses when it counts and puts more pressure on the offense late in close games. Instead of getting to the 30 like most teams, we have to get to the 20. Since Mularkey wants a power running type of team, it's likely that most of our games will be close.

And the weather is a factor, but we only play half our games at the Ralph.

OpIv37
03-05-2005, 02:58 PM

it's a tough call because Lindell SUCKS and this appears to be the only way to resolve the kicker situation. Are OL and DL more important? I really don't know. Edwards and Anderson might be able to replace Williams. As far as OL, are we really going to find a starter in the 2nd round?

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2005, 03:13 PM
If he can somehow get back some of what he had in 2000 when he was a Seahawk, we'd be happy to have him. He was a freak that year hitting 10/11 outside 40 and 3/3 from 50+ and he pushed back the opponents start position to rank 4th in the NFL. I was misinformed when I said he needs to be more consistent inside 40. He only missed 2 from inside 40 last year. He needs to get some of his leg strength back so he can have more control on the longer kicks. It appears I am a bit mistaken with the logic that we need to get him closer. Sometimes there just isn't time and we need someone who gives us a better chance. I still don't think it's worth passing on a talented offensive lineman. It could be as simple as getting his leg strength back to where it was in 2000. He's still young as kickers go, so he has a chance at a comeback.
If we did pick someone up, I'd rather see us get Matt Bryant from Miami instead of picking high in the draft. I don't think Miami will keep him and Mare.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-05-2005, 05:08 PM
I have said this many times in other threads, I don't want the BILLS to draft a K we need a good veteran in here like a Longwell or an Akers. Do you remember the last time we had not just one but two young k's in here in they :censored: up the place! now do you want that again that's what you're going to get if you draft a K.

im4bflo
03-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Agreed, we have much more important needs.
But Nuge's "CRAVEMAN" ROCKS!!!! :funny: