PDA

View Full Version : Central NY Bills Fans. Eric Moulds going to be at Erin's Way in Rome

Voltron
12-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Just got off the Phone with Erin's Way and Eric Moulds will be there on Dec. 17th. I am not sure if he is going to be doing signing of autographs or not. This is your chance to meet him if you live in the Utica/Rome area!

:fabulous:

clumping platelets
12-05-2002, 03:11 PM
This is an attempt to regionalize the franchise. You do that using top players.....hope people in Utica/Rome latch onto the Bills :)

Voltron
12-05-2002, 03:47 PM
I now live in Auburn and it is about a 2 hour drive to Rome. Since this is on a Tuesday I most likely will not be going :(. I really would love to talk to him about talking Peerless into staying in Buffalo :)!

:bling:

Jack In Syracuse
12-05-2002, 06:31 PM
That must be for the taping of his show. I was talking with Hollywood Harry after the last taping in Syracuse, and he said the next one in the area would be on Dec 17th.

Judge
12-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
This is an attempt to regionalize the franchise. You do that using top players.....hope people in Utica/Rome latch onto the Bills :)

I have family from Utica/Rome- the Bills and the Giants split up that area pretty evenly. The Jets get attention, but are a poor third.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2002, 09:46 PM
I live 5 minutes away from Erin's Way. Im not going. Eric will be signing autograph for a hour afterwards. There also will be another Bills player there.

Last time before it got canceled it was supposed to be Drew.

Jack In Syracuse
12-07-2002, 07:54 AM
What/Where is Erin's Place? If the weather is decent, I might make a trip out there.

Dozerdog
12-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Rome? I wonder f the Pope will show up as a guest...

The Natrix
12-07-2002, 01:57 PM
Thanks Voltron. I live about 18 minutes from Erins way (by the way Erin is pretty hot, if she is the one on the commercial).

It is during my winter break, so I will definitely have to get nice and high and pay Moulds and whoever else a visit.

BTW, I don't think the Bills need any more exposure in CNY. There is a pretty good fan base. I also like having the jets/giants fans around because it is fun to point and laugh at those losers

BillyT92679
12-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Growing up in CNY, from 1987-1996 (97 I left to go to St. John Fisher), the Bills were ALWAYS on Channel 3 (NBC). Even blacked out games like the Comeback were always on. Ergo the Bills hold a good plurality, if not majority, of NFL fans in the area. The Giants hold more fans there than out in WNY, but curiously, there are fewer fans of other teams in CNY than out here. For example, in Rochester at least, there is a sizable number of Dolphin fans besides Bills, Giants, and Jets out here, though the Bills hold a clear majority of fans. In CNY, I would estimate 50% Bills fans, 45% Giants fans and 5% "other." My hometown of Oneida was kind of the dividing line. Syracuse and points west were solidly Bills. Utica and points east solidly G-Men. It would be interesting if someone actually did a demographic analysis of NFL fans by region in Upstate NY. (it would interest me at least)

Judge
12-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
Growing up in CNY, from 1987-1996 (97 I left to go to St. John Fisher), the Bills were ALWAYS on Channel 3 (NBC). Even blacked out games like the Comeback were always on. Ergo the Bills hold a good plurality, if not majority, of NFL fans in the area. The Giants hold more fans there than out in WNY, but curiously, there are fewer fans of other teams in CNY than out here. For example, in Rochester at least, there is a sizable number of Dolphin fans besides Bills, Giants, and Jets out here, though the Bills hold a clear majority of fans. In CNY, I would estimate 50% Bills fans, 45% Giants fans and 5% "other." My hometown of Oneida was kind of the dividing line. Syracuse and points west were solidly Bills. Utica and points east solidly G-Men. It would be interesting if someone actually did a demographic analysis of NFL fans by region in Upstate NY. (it would interest me at least)

I agree with your estimates 100%, and would be just as interested in that kind of demographic analysis.

I always thought the Bills were pretty solid in Utica/Rome, maybe slightly behind the Giants in support, though- I know a decent number of people there who are Bills fans first.

TacklingDummy
12-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Thanks Voltron. I live about 18 minutes from Erins way (by the way Erin is pretty hot, if she is the one on the commercial).

Just to let you know Erin is dead. The 2 girls in the commerical are the owners other daugthers. Erins sisters.

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Just to let you know Erin is dead.

That is too bad. Did you know her?

BTW, does anyone know if it is likely that we can get a picture with him (I could care less about autographs)

TacklingDummy
12-09-2002, 04:08 PM
Didn't know her but I work with her brother and know 1 of the sister's.

Don't know about pictures with Moulds. The Rome paper hasn't said much about it since they said he was coming.

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 04:15 PM
whatever, I'm going to get a picture whether he likes it or not

The Natrix
12-17-2002, 02:19 PM
tonight is the night for this

505 N. James St. Rome 334-4430

6:00-9:00pm

I'm gonna go at 8:30 or so

The Natrix
12-18-2002, 11:30 PM
It was ok. I thought it was bull that you had to pay $20 for an autograph. I didn't want an autograph anyway, but what about those people who wanted one but didn't bring $20?

Moulds was pretty cool but his security guards were a-holes (I think they might have been Rome police) They really rushed you along.

Jack In Syracuse
12-19-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
It was ok. I thought it was bull that you had to pay $20 for an autograph. I didn't want an autograph anyway, but what about those people who wanted one but didn't bring $20?

$20? When he was at Great Northern Mall last month, there was no charge for an autograph. It was said he would sign one item for each person, and if you didn't have something to autograph, you could buy a picture of him for $3 to have him sign.

Makes me wonder who is making the money here, the location or Eric.

The Natrix
12-19-2002, 12:24 PM
I didn't ask but I'm guessing Erin's Way took it in (most of it anyway)

TedMock
12-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Erin's Way is run by the biggest a-holes around. We tried to get them to sponsor youth hockey and the owner flat out said no. He said he's not donating his hard earned money or any of the equipment that people are willing to pay for. He's a total jerk and I hope he loses all his money in the market and goes crazy. Didn't he ever hear of a tax write off?

The Natrix
12-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Erin's Way is run by the biggest a-holes around. We tried to get them to sponsor youth hockey and the owner flat out said no. He said he's not donating his hard earned money or any of the equipment that people are willing to pay for. He's a total jerk and I hope he loses all his money in the market and goes crazy. Didn't he ever hear of a tax write off?

I don't know the guy that you are talking about, but I do know that the woman who was barking out orders was a total *****!

The Natrix
12-19-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Jack In Syracuse

if you didn't have something to autograph, you could buy a picture of him for $3 to have him sign.

at Erins way, if you didn't have something to autograph, you could buy a picture of him for $20 to have him sign :rolleyes: