PDA

View Full Version : Cards sign T Ross from Pittsburgh

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2005, 02:34 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/NFLNews.jsp?id=3736

Ross played RT, but aren't they set with Anthony Clement? They also have that monster Anthony Davis who was put on injured reserve, but is a solid player. He was their 1st rounder in 2001. He's played both Guard and Tackle. I have doubts that they picked up Ross to be a back-up.
I know it's pure speculation, but this signals to me that this is possibly in preparation for Shelton leaving. Thoughts?

AndreReed83
03-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Could be evidence of a Shelton trade to Chicago.

Ickybaluky
03-05-2005, 03:24 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/NFLNews.jsp?id=3736

Ross played RT, but aren't they set with Anthony Clement? They also have that monster Anthony Davis who was put on injured reserve, but is a solid player. He was their 1st rounder in 2001. He's played both Guard and Tackle. I have doubts that they picked up Ross to be a back-up.
I know it's pure speculation, but this signals to me that this is possibly in preparation for Shelton leaving. Thoughts?

They are now trading Clements as well as Shelton.

Jttsaz
03-05-2005, 03:41 PM
You mean Leonard Davis? He is the starter at LT, Ross will be put at RT which was Anthony Clemments position. Shelton was the starter at LT in 03 but was replaced when they move Leonard Davis from Left Guard to LT. Both Clemment(RT starter last year), and Shelton are on the trading block..

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Could be evidence of a Shelton trade to Chicago.

Ahhhh crap. DAMN YOU TRAVIS HENRY!

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
You mean Leonard Davis? He is the starter at LT, Ross will be put at RT which was Anthony Clemments position. Shelton was the starter at LT in 03 but was replaced when they move Leonard Davis from Left Guard to LT. Both Clemment(RT starter last year), and Shelton are on the trading block..

Thanks. I did mean Leonard (I was thinking of Anthony Clement at the same time... Duh). I knew he replaced Shelton which is why I mentioned him, but was wondering if he would return to guard. Probably not eh? I mean if they're trying to trade both tackles.

TigerJ
03-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Time for Henry to move on. We've had to deal with this trade rumor crap long enough. Just do it already, TD!

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Ahhhh crap. DAMN YOU TRAVIS HENRY!
:rofl: It's all Henry's fault.

capitolneal
03-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks. I did mean Leonard (I was thinking of Anthony Clement at the same time... Duh). I knew he replaced Shelton which is why I mentioned him, but was wondering if he would return to guard. Probably not eh? I mean if they're trying to trade both tackles.
That is the same Leonard Davis that played tackle here at u of texas and kept Mike williams on the bench that guy is 375 pounds and 8% body fat a real freak of nature,

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2005, 11:24 PM
:rofl: It's all Henry's fault.

I'm not really blaming him, I'm just a bit frusrtated by this. If I were Travis Henry, I'd be trying to get the best deal possible as well.

that guy is 375 pounds and 8% body fat

:shocked: That equals only 30 lbs of fat! The remaining weight is mostly water, major organs and skeletal muscle tissue. All said, he would have about 230 lbs. of skeletal muscle. The size of those muscles must be unbelievable. Imagine the stress on that guy's bones. Most peoples bones would break from just flexing or extensing those muscles. Freak of nature is right. I've never heard of such low body fat on such a big person. I wonder what his grocery bill looks like. They probably have a checkout isle at the local Safeway designated especially for him.

YardRat
03-06-2005, 07:59 AM
I think the deal isn't dead yet, been saying it for a week.

Michael82
03-06-2005, 11:48 AM
I think the deal isn't dead yet, been saying it for a week.
Me too. I have a feeling, just like I had the feeling that Bledsoe would get traded to Buffalo in 2002 and had a feeling that TD would draft McGahee.