Cards sign T Ross from Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Cards sign T Ross from Pittsburgh

Ross played RT, but aren't they set with Anthony Clement? They also have that monster Anthony Davis who was put on injured reserve, but is a solid player. He was their 1st rounder in 2001. He's played both Guard and Tackle. I have doubts that they picked up Ross to be a back-up.
    I know it's pure speculation, but this signals to me that this is possibly in preparation for Shelton leaving. Thoughts?
  • AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Could be evidence of a Shelton trade to Chicago.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by andyxc71
      http://www.buffalobills.com/news/NFLNews.jsp?id=3736

Ross played RT, but aren't they set with Anthony Clement? They also have that monster Anthony Davis who was put on injured reserve, but is a solid player. He was their 1st rounder in 2001. He's played both Guard and Tackle. I have doubts that they picked up Ross to be a back-up.
      I know it's pure speculation, but this signals to me that this is possibly in preparation for Shelton leaving. Thoughts?
      They are now trading Clements as well as Shelton.

Comment

• Jttsaz
        • Oct 2004

You mean Leonard Davis? He is the starter at LT, Ross will be put at RT which was Anthony Clemments position. Shelton was the starter at LT in 03 but was replaced when they move Leonard Davis from Left Guard to LT. Both Clemment(RT starter last year), and Shelton are on the trading block..

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by AndreReed83
          Could be evidence of a Shelton trade to Chicago.
          Ahhhh crap. DAMN YOU TRAVIS HENRY!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jttsaz
            You mean Leonard Davis? He is the starter at LT, Ross will be put at RT which was Anthony Clemments position. Shelton was the starter at LT in 03 but was replaced when they move Leonard Davis from Left Guard to LT. Both Clemment(RT starter last year), and Shelton are on the trading block..
            Thanks. I did mean Leonard (I was thinking of Anthony Clement at the same time... Duh). I knew he replaced Shelton which is why I mentioned him, but was wondering if he would return to guard. Probably not eh? I mean if they're trying to trade both tackles.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Time for Henry to move on. We've had to deal with this trade rumor crap long enough. Just do it already, TD!
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Ahhhh crap. DAMN YOU TRAVIS HENRY!
                It's all Henry's fault.

Comment

• capitolneal
                  • Sep 2003

Thanks. I did mean Leonard (I was thinking of Anthony Clement at the same time... Duh). I knew he replaced Shelton which is why I mentioned him, but was wondering if he would return to guard. Probably not eh? I mean if they're trying to trade both tackles.
                  That is the same Leonard Davis that played tackle here at u of texas and kept Mike williams on the bench that guy is 375 pounds and 8% body fat a real freak of nature,

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    It's all Henry's fault.
                    I'm not really blaming him, I'm just a bit frusrtated by this. If I were Travis Henry, I'd be trying to get the best deal possible as well.

that guy is 375 pounds and 8% body fat
                    That equals only 30 lbs of fat! The remaining weight is mostly water, major organs and skeletal muscle tissue. All said, he would have about 230 lbs. of skeletal muscle. The size of those muscles must be unbelievable. Imagine the stress on that guy's bones. Most peoples bones would break from just flexing or extensing those muscles. Freak of nature is right. I've never heard of such low body fat on such a big person. I wonder what his grocery bill looks like. They probably have a checkout isle at the local Safeway designated especially for him.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I think the deal isn't dead yet, been saying it for a week.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                        I think the deal isn't dead yet, been saying it for a week.
                        Me too. I have a feeling, just like I had the feeling that Bledsoe would get traded to Buffalo in 2002 and had a feeling that TD would draft McGahee.

Comment

Working...
                        X