Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kelly The Dog
    • Jul 2002

Please list every team you would swap, in its entirety, for the Bills roster

Counting coaches, contracts, salary cap, everything.

Right now, I think I would only take the Pats, The Steelers, and the The Eagles. There are surely better teams, the Colts for example, but I don't think I would take their entire roster and their future cap and defense and coaches for ours. Again, I am not saying the Bills are the fourth best team in football. I am saying we have a lot of young good players, we're in good cap shape over the long haul, I like our coaches, and we have a couple of stars in the making. Please list every team you would swap in total right now for ours.

So has TD done a good job?

Counting this year, Tom Donahoe will have had five years of #1 picks, counting his trading. Here are the players he has acquired because of his machinations:

Nate Clements
    Travis Henry
    Brandon Spoon
    Mike Williams
    Drew Bledsoe
    Willis McGahee
    Lee Evans
    JP Losman

Five years. Eight players. One washout. Only one chance in the top ten. All starters at one time. Two bonafide stars in Nate and Willis. Three pro bowlers with Willis likely a fourth. A big OL coming into his own. Three young potential stars in the skill positions: Willis, Evans, Losman with a ton of time left on their contracts.

It ain't a bad record.

Note: Obviously he got the extra choice by his clever maneuver of transitioning Peerless, which not only wasn't really expected but handled correctly and we would have lost him for nothing.

Go ahead. Say "scoreboard". Say how many years have we made the playoffs? Its a legitimate complaint. But please then list all the teams you would trade our roster for right now.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

??? Stupid. I am a Bills fan, I wouldn't trade the Bills roster for any roster in the league. I've grown accustom to these guys, and like them. Trading the entire team would be like re-locating and then brining in an expansion team, IMO.

Comment

• Jersey1031
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
      ??? Stupid. I am a Bills fan, I wouldn't trade the Bills roster for any roster in the league. I've grown accustom to these guys, and like them. Trading the entire team would be like re-locating and then brining in an expansion team, IMO.

i concur wit forward lateral, this is blasphemy!!! hah, nah, but i love the bills thats why i am a fan
      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

The sad part is, with the advent of FA'cy, you won't get that "family" feel ever again. So in reality any NFL team for the most part is only together for a few years before changes start happening. It will never be like the days of Kelly/TT/Reed/Smith/Hull again. FA'cy has put an end to family teams, so your loyalty becomes more to the name/history of the team rather than that specific group of players who played and fought together for years and years.

And even though I'm not naive to think it wasn't about money before FAcy, it certainly went up a ton afterwards. Players team loyalty is all but gone in the NFL these days.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            Ummm... it's commonly referred to as a hypothetical question, as in, who do you really think is in better shape overall.

Comment

• Jersey1031
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
              The sad part is, with the advent of FA'cy, you won't get that "family" feel ever again. So in reality any NFL team for the most part is only together for a few years before changes start happening. It will never be like the days of Kelly/TT/Reed/Smith/Hull again. FA'cy has put an end to family teams, so your loyalty becomes more to the name/history of the team rather than that specific group of players who played and fought together for years and years.

which complete sucks...why dont players have loyalty anymore?? everyone catches the greedies...

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Please list every team you would swap, in its entirety, for the Bills roster
                NONE!
                Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
                Counting coaches, contracts, salary cap, everything.

Right now, I think I would only take the Pats.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

At least have the decency to recognize the Vikings and all that they have done BEFORE the draft! Damn, they didn't even make your list! Tell him, Topdog!
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Finch1031
                    which complete sucks...why dont players have loyalty anymore?? everyone catches the greedies...
                    Have you been employed at the same company your entire professional life? Probably not. It is rare in this day and age to not switch companies/firms/partners. It is not just players, it is all of us. Sad, but true.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by EDS
                      Have you been employed at the same company your entire professional life? Probably not. It is rare in this day and age to not switch companies/firms/partners. It is not just players, it is all of us. Sad, but true.

understandable but a team is different than a job. given the chance of FA impatient players just jump ship, whereas if they stayed the team could improve more easily without factoring losses of players and fills holes...

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Finch1031
                        understandable but a team is different than a job. given the chance of FA impatient players just jump ship, whereas if they stayed the team could improve more easily without factoring losses of players and fills holes...
                        On my job, there's no chance for me to get a SB ring and a CHAMPIONSHIP.
                        That should be a huge factor in football.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by im4bflo
                          On my job, there's no chance for me to get a SB ring and a CHAMPIONSHIP.
                          That should be a huge factor in football.

tehn why are guys leaving the patriots?? they dont care about winning, its the money

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                            • Jul 2002

The teams and cities are no more or less loyal to the fans than the players are. The players are no more or less loyal to the teams and cities than the teams or cities are to the players. The fans are no more or less loyal to the players than the players are to the teams and fans.

And yet the NFL is by far the best run, most successful, and the standard model for all leagues anywhere on the planet. That's just the way it is, and there are not a lot of legitimate ways to make the overall system better. Keyword being overall.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
                              Ummm... it's commonly referred to as a hypothetical question, as in, who do you really think is in better shape overall.

I don't understand. Why would you ask what team you'd want to trade the entire Bills roster for, but then say you are really asking "who's the best team in the NFL?"

Of course the team "in the best shape" is the Pats, but would I welcome an entire roster swap with them? Hell no. I dispise almost every player on their roster. It's a bit different if we are talking "what player in the NFL would you want" but asking "what team" you want, is a bit ludacris.

Comment

Working...
                              X