PDA

View Full Version : Dilfer going to Cleveland

Iehoshua
03-05-2005, 08:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2006067

Just one day after the man they had targeted as their starter for 2005 signed elsewhere, the Cleveland Browns rebounded nicely on Saturday evening, reaching an agreement in principle on a trade that will net them Seattle Seahawks backup quarterback Trent Dilfer.

The Seahawks will reportedly receive a fourth-round pick in next month's NFL draft. The pick is the one the Browns received from the Broncos earlier in the week in exchange for defensive tackle Gerard Warren.

There remain a few details to be addressed before the swap is official, but sources said there is no likelihood the deal will fall apart. Cleveland is expected to compensate the Seahawks with a middle-round draft choice. The trade is the first consummated by new Seattle team president Tim Ruskell, who was hired less than two weeks ago.

The deal is not altogether surprising, since the two franchises have been in discussions for a few days. Unrestricted free agent Kelly Holcomb, who the Browns hoped to re-sign as their starter, on Friday night reached agreement with the Buffalo Bills on a four-year, $6.6 million contract.

Still funny how Holcomb passed the opportunity to be the starter for the Brownouts and come here... It is a good thing he's here.
:up:

Dozerdog
03-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Warren, a former #1 pick- for Dilfer.....LOL

Canadian'eh!
03-05-2005, 08:49 PM
I say good for Dilfer... he never got a fair shake in Baltimore. I felt he was screwed by Holmgren's wanting to maek himself look smart on Hasselback for a while.. and when he finally got his shot, he tore his achilles and Hasselback finally figured it out.

Not to mention he had some tragedy 2 years ago when his son died.

anyway...seems like a good guy and i hope he does well.

too bad they are gonna draft Rogers or Smith at #3.

Iehoshua
03-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Garbage for garbage... At least I don't see Dilfer as a starter... I anticipate him being injured again, and again.

casdhf
03-05-2005, 08:54 PM

I think they were both top 10 picks, wern't they?

casdhf
03-05-2005, 08:54 PM
at least both first rounders

AndreReed83
03-05-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm loving that deal if I'm Seattle.