PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Lumsden

Dozerdog
03-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Here's a late round or even an undrafted Free Agent prospect-

Imagine a 6-2, 230 lb Running Back who consistently runs a 4.40 40 yd dash. With size and speed like that you could convert him to a WR or TE.

He's the Canadian college Heisman winner.

http://slam.canoe.ca/NFLCFLFuturesOnTheRise04/1018.html

http://slam.canoe.ca/NFLCFLFuturesImages04/1018_1.jpg

SabreEleven
03-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Canadian college Heisman winner.

Such a thing exists?

Tatonka
03-06-2005, 12:37 AM
why is he not being drafted higher then? whats the catch?

The Spaz
03-06-2005, 01:43 AM
why is he not being drafted higher then? whats the catch?

Level of competition.

tdotbillsfan
03-06-2005, 03:48 AM
He is a really good player and gets alot of hype up here. He will be a steal to whatever team drafts him. He played in the senior bowl down there in the states and did really well.
I hope the bills draft him, he will be a great power back.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-06-2005, 06:09 AM
He sounds like a very interesting prospect, worth considering if the Bills choose not to draft a RB in the middle rounds.

Three guys that I like, should the Bills decide to spend a mid-round pick on a RB are Eric Shelton and Antonio Gates, both of Louisville, and Kay-Jay Harris of West Virginia. I love Shelton, who is 6'2", 245 and has good speed--I saw him in a number of games. Harris is the same size, 4.5 speed and looked good in the couple of games I saw him in. Gates is a bit smaller at 6', 220, and 4.6 speed, but may be a little bit better pass receiver than Shelton. I've seen draft projections with these guys going as low as the 4th round (Gates even lower).

I expect the Bills to go for an offensive lineman with their first pick and, then, maybe a TE---although this year's crop of TEs may not be that great after you get past H.Miller of UVa. And, I'm hoping that they will consider drafting a PK---if Nugent lasts until Round 3, he'd be a steal there--because there are a couple of decent PKs coming out in this draft. So, I don't know how high they would be willing to draft a RB. But, unless they can sign a big RB who can take the ball down on the goal line if anything happens to Willis, they are going to have to pick up a good-sized rookie RB at some point because, as much as I like S.Williams, he's just to small to get the job done in short-yardage.

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 09:54 AM
He is a really good player and gets alot of hype up here. He will be a steal to whatever team drafts him. He played in the senior bowl down there in the states and did really well.
I hope the bills draft him, he will be a great power back.
Do they play with the CFL rules for college ball up there? Or is it similar to the game our college guys play?

djjimkelly
03-06-2005, 09:58 AM
its CFL rules i played at mcmaster in mid 90's for a year. he is doing real well in CIAU but lol just like i was no where nowhere near an OLB prospect for NFL in 1998 neither is he.

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 10:04 AM
its CFL rules i played at mcmaster in mid 90's for a year. he is doing real well in CIAU but lol just like i was no where nowhere near an OLB prospect for NFL in 1998 neither is he.
Thanks-

I don't know if he will make it as a RB in this league or not- but the NFL does like eye-popping physical accomplishments.

Antonio Gates never played TE - he was a Basketball player in college.
Coy Wire is another guy who was drafted more on his physical abilities than his abilities as a safety- as he was a RB and LB in college.

A guy that big and that fast will be in a camp this summer. If Tim Tindale can make a team from CIAU- this guy can.

djjimkelly
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
but if i remember correctly didnt tindale play FB and not RB. in ciau this kid can look like a stud becuz the run is an afterthought as pretty much every down is a passing situation. he might get a tryout somehwere but i highly doubt he makes anyones roster. playing agst 200 pound LB's who are there to cover pass in CIAU is a hell of alot diff then playing agst LB's who are bigger then the d lineman in ciau

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 10:21 AM
There aren't many LBs in the NCAA that run a 4.40 in the 40 either. He will be on a roster- or at least a practice roster.

mysticsoto
03-06-2005, 10:40 AM
There aren't many LBs in the NCAA that run a 4.40 in the 40 either. He will be on a roster- or at least a practice roster.
I think TD and our scouts are very good at finding gems outside the draft. If this guy is any good, they'll bring him in...

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Signed with the Seahawks after the draft

Canadian'eh!
04-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Signed with the Seahawks after the draft

I hope he manages to stick... if not they will love him in the CFL.

Superhero
04-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Here's a late round or even an undrafted Free Agent prospect-

Imagine a 6-2, 230 lb Running Back who consistently runs a 4.40 40 yd dash. With size and speed like that you could convert him to a WR or TE.

He's the Canadian college Heisman winner.

http://slam.canoe.ca/NFLCFLFuturesOnTheRise04/1018.html

http://slam.canoe.ca/NFLCFLFuturesImages04/1018_1.jpg

I think the Bills should bring him into camp & keep him at RB