X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

4th rounder for Najeh...

Anyone got any thoughts on trading our fourth rounder for Najeh Davenport as the Packers said they would deal with trading him for a fourth rounder.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • kevinj22
    • Feb 2005

Maybe a fifth rounder, I don't know about a fouth. Only because we don't have a first.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

Absolutely, yes....I would give up a 4th rounder for Davenport right now...if he would be willing to sign an extension.
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

I'm not so sure. I guess it depends on if we are able to trade TH or not. If we are not able to trade him, it seems pointless to get yet another RB. We still have Shaud Williams signed relatively cheaply and the other kid in the practice squad Dante something or other...

I don't think TD has any intentions of doing anything at the RB position...atleast until we are able to trade TH, and right now, people are looking to the draft and not at TH. We may have to wait until injuries claim someone, or potentially keeping TH until next year...

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Depends what happens with Henry.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Sure.

We can even buy him a Buffalo Bills laundry basket with a Dolphins logo on the bottom.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

Absolutely, if/when Henry gets traded.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                I'm not so sure. I guess it depends on if we are able to trade TH or not. If we are not able to trade him, it seems pointless to get yet another RB. We still have Shaud Williams signed relatively cheaply and the other kid in the practice squad Dante something or other...

I don't think TD has any intentions of doing anything at the RB position...atleast until we are able to trade TH, and right now, people are looking to the draft and not at TH. We may have to wait until injuries claim someone, or potentially keeping TH until next year...
                This sucks! The whole TH thing is screwing our FA plans up. If the SOB would have realized another's point of view (Cardinals) that he is somewhat injury prone and hasn't played much in a year, he would suck it up and show that he can play in the last year of his contract. If we could send him for Shelton then we could have analized our RB situation and just be in the market for a starting LG. I still think that the Cards will be a player if they don't get their man in the draft. Why do you think that they haven't shipped Shelton to Chicago yet? Gee, I wonder! I hope that Ronnie Brown, Benson and "The Cadillac" are gone before their pick. We're gonna have to see what happens to TH after the draft.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

If he were still with Green Bay at the draft- I'd wait to see who's on the board in the 4th round- then offer a 5th round pick.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                    If he were still with Green Bay at the draft- I'd wait to see who's on the board in the 4th round- then offer a 5th round pick.

def the best bet, as long as henrys gone
                    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Finch1031
                      def the best bet, as long as henrys gone
                      The only crap thing about that is that Henry is holding the whole process up. A lot hinges on where we can trade him and he's got to realize that both sides are in a tough spot right now. He wants a long term deal and no one wants to do that and we don't know whether to sign a different FA lineman or trade him for one. I suppose we will have to sign a lineman then trade him for a pick unless the Cardinals trade goes through after the draft.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                        Sure.

We can even buy him a Buffalo Bills laundry basket with a Dolphins logo on the bottom.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

I would trade a 4th for Davenport immediatly. He's proven and can play now. You go and spend a 4th round draft pick on someone and you have no idea what you are really getting. I'll take the sure thing 9/10 times.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                              I would trade a 4th for Davenport immediatly. He's proven and can play now. You go and spend a 4th round draft pick on someone and you have no idea what you are really getting. I'll take the sure thing 9/10 times.
                              Except that with 3 other RBs in the line up, the last thing we need to do is add more RBs to our roster. We can use that 4th possibly for depth at another position where it may actually be needed...

And for all of you criticizing TH for holding this deal back - put yourself in his shoes. He has always given and given. In fact, for what he has produced in the last couple of years, he has been extremely cheap. Wanting to redo his contract so he has a couple of years in it, seems logical and I think it's Arizona's loss not to. Even if they grabbed a solid draft RB, Henry and he could battle it out. By the time the drafted RB is ready to play, TH could be traded somewhere else. I think it is Arizona's loss not to have signed a RB that has a true warrior's heart...there's been plenty of RBs that have looked good and then stank once they got into professional. Atleast TH is solid and a sure thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X