PDA

View Full Version : 4th rounder for Najeh...

jpdex12
03-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Anyone got any thoughts on trading our fourth rounder for Najeh Davenport as the Packers said they would deal with trading him for a fourth rounder.

kevinj22
03-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Maybe a fifth rounder, I don't know about a fouth. Only because we don't have a first.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Absolutely, yes....I would give up a 4th rounder for Davenport right now...if he would be willing to sign an extension.

mysticsoto
03-06-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm not so sure. I guess it depends on if we are able to trade TH or not. If we are not able to trade him, it seems pointless to get yet another RB. We still have Shaud Williams signed relatively cheaply and the other kid in the practice squad Dante something or other...

I don't think TD has any intentions of doing anything at the RB position...atleast until we are able to trade TH, and right now, people are looking to the draft and not at TH. We may have to wait until injuries claim someone, or potentially keeping TH until next year...

lordofgun
03-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Depends what happens with Henry.

Crisis
03-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Sure.

We can even buy him a Buffalo Bills laundry basket with a Dolphins logo on the bottom.

Sportsuser101
03-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Absolutely, if/when Henry gets traded.

jpdex12
03-06-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm not so sure. I guess it depends on if we are able to trade TH or not. If we are not able to trade him, it seems pointless to get yet another RB. We still have Shaud Williams signed relatively cheaply and the other kid in the practice squad Dante something or other...

I don't think TD has any intentions of doing anything at the RB position...atleast until we are able to trade TH, and right now, people are looking to the draft and not at TH. We may have to wait until injuries claim someone, or potentially keeping TH until next year...
This sucks! The whole TH thing is screwing our FA plans up. If the SOB would have realized another's point of view (Cardinals) that he is somewhat injury prone and hasn't played much in a year, he would suck it up and show that he can play in the last year of his contract. If we could send him for Shelton then we could have analized our RB situation and just be in the market for a starting LG. I still think that the Cards will be a player if they don't get their man in the draft. Why do you think that they haven't shipped Shelton to Chicago yet? Gee, I wonder! I hope that Ronnie Brown, Benson and "The Cadillac" are gone before their pick. We're gonna have to see what happens to TH after the draft.

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 01:07 PM
If he were still with Green Bay at the draft- I'd wait to see who's on the board in the 4th round- then offer a 5th round pick.

Jersey1031
03-06-2005, 01:13 PM
If he were still with Green Bay at the draft- I'd wait to see who's on the board in the 4th round- then offer a 5th round pick.

def the best bet, as long as henrys gone

jpdex12
03-06-2005, 01:27 PM
def the best bet, as long as henrys gone
The only crap thing about that is that Henry is holding the whole process up. A lot hinges on where we can trade him and he's got to realize that both sides are in a tough spot right now. He wants a long term deal and no one wants to do that and we don't know whether to sign a different FA lineman or trade him for one. I suppose we will have to sign a lineman then trade him for a pick unless the Cardinals trade goes through after the draft.

Michael82
03-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Sure.

We can even buy him a Buffalo Bills laundry basket with a Dolphins logo on the bottom.
:lmao:

Jayhawk
03-06-2005, 02:56 PM
:lmao:

jamze132
03-06-2005, 04:00 PM
I would trade a 4th for Davenport immediatly. He's proven and can play now. You go and spend a 4th round draft pick on someone and you have no idea what you are really getting. I'll take the sure thing 9/10 times.

mysticsoto
03-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I would trade a 4th for Davenport immediatly. He's proven and can play now. You go and spend a 4th round draft pick on someone and you have no idea what you are really getting. I'll take the sure thing 9/10 times.
Except that with 3 other RBs in the line up, the last thing we need to do is add more RBs to our roster. We can use that 4th possibly for depth at another position where it may actually be needed...

And for all of you criticizing TH for holding this deal back - put yourself in his shoes. He has always given and given. In fact, for what he has produced in the last couple of years, he has been extremely cheap. Wanting to redo his contract so he has a couple of years in it, seems logical and I think it's Arizona's loss not to. Even if they grabbed a solid draft RB, Henry and he could battle it out. By the time the drafted RB is ready to play, TH could be traded somewhere else. I think it is Arizona's loss not to have signed a RB that has a true warrior's heart...there's been plenty of RBs that have looked good and then stank once they got into professional. Atleast TH is solid and a sure thing...

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Sure.

Or just get a toilet seat for the Dolphin's locker room laundry hamper

Crisis
03-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Or just get a toilet seat for the Dolphin's locker room laundry hamper

Don't even need a toilet seat. Just put it in the closet of the Cheerleader's changing room and he'll be fine.

ShadowHawk7
03-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Good post.

jpdex12
03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Except that with 3 other RBs in the line up, the last thing we need to do is add more RBs to our roster. We can use that 4th possibly for depth at another position where it may actually be needed...

And for all of you criticizing TH for holding this deal back - put yourself in his shoes. He has always given and given. In fact, for what he has produced in the last couple of years, he has been extremely cheap. Wanting to redo his contract so he has a couple of years in it, seems logical and I think it's Arizona's loss not to. Even if they grabbed a solid draft RB, Henry and he could battle it out. By the time the drafted RB is ready to play, TH could be traded somewhere else. I think it is Arizona's loss not to have signed a RB that has a true warrior's heart...there's been plenty of RBs that have looked good and then stank once they got into professional. Atleast TH is solid and a sure thing...
Why should we be so sure that TH won't sit out the season? He did say that he wouldn't back up Willis anymore. McCardell and Meshawn did it. I've seen dumber things, but if this happened we sure as hell cannot rely on Dante Brown (who) or Shaud to fill in for Willis more than a play every now and then. If we wait someone like Najeh will be gone in no time. TH's situation is screwing us now and might after he is gone. I say pull the trigger on Davenport now. Eventually we will send Henry somewhere. Davenport is proven as well. No grooming period.

Jan Reimers
03-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Let's deal Henry first, before we give up a much needed 4th to create an impossible situation in our backfield.

I like Davenport. We simply don't need him if Henry stays.

jpdex12
03-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Let's deal Henry first, before we give up a much needed 4th to create an impossible situation in our backfield.

I like Davenport. We simply don't need him if Henry stays.
So you think that Henry will play????
How often will a fourth rounder come right in and be an impact player such as Najeh would?

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 06:48 PM
How often will a fourth rounder come right in and be an impact player such as Najeh would?
What's he going to do? Sit out? He won't get any free agent money if he does that.

jpdex12
03-06-2005, 07:54 PM
What's he going to do? Sit out? He won't get any free agent money if he does that.
It doesn't look like he's gonna get any free agent money now either. He better hope that one of those teams (excluding Oakland) doesn't get their man in the upcoming draft or that someone grabs James or Alexander away from their team or he's gonna be right back where he said that he wouldn't be. He is a proud man and it took a lot for him to play when other players wouldn't have (injuries) and for him to sit number two for another season would bust his pride. He will either agree to play out his last year with someone as a starter to prove his worth again or he will sit it out this coming season with the Bills. I don't see him wearing a Bills uniform either way in 2005.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Henry is under contract to the Bills. If he isn't traded, he'll play. PLEASE tell me what he gains by not playing.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Henry is under contract to the Bills. If he isn't traded, he'll play. PLEASE tell me what he gains by not playing.

See? Now there you go using logic which is your first mistake. I would not be at all surprised if Travis were to hold out/sit out this season if not traded. Will force the Bills hand to deal him, even if we get less than fair value. If I were TD, I would suck it up and let him rot on the bench if necessary.....Not willing to give him away.

Too bad Travis couldn't just act like an adult, allow a trade and play this year at his current salary....then he can prove his worth and get a bigger contract next season.

I think this shows that even he is not 100% confident in his health or ability.

mysticsoto
03-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Impact player??? If he were such an impact player, he'd be a starter. If TH can't find a place, what makes you think people are going to be knocking down the door for Najeh???