PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Release

Crisis
03-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Walt Coleman
http://www2.csc.ne.jp/~moogie/ref/065Coleman.jpg

The New England Patriots were able to clear roughly $3.5 mil in cap space today when they released the long standing veteran Walt Coleman. Coleman, a Patriot veteran since 2001, recieved news from his agent that the organization has chosen to move in a different direction. Assitant GM Scott Pioli was said to have contacted Coleman's agent in prior weeks seeking a restructured deal, but Coleman balked at the notion stating, "I don't see why I should have to take a paycut. I showed up every sunday just like everybody else." Coleman's agent is confident his client will draw alot of interest on the market since it is still early in the free agency process.

Head coach Bill Belichick cited he wish Coleman could have been retained at a lower price, "but in this day and age of the salary cap, you have to be able to make tough decisions that are best for the entire organization." Surely Walt Coleman's leadership and presence in the lockerroom will be missed, but as Willie McGinest states, "everybody in this lockerroom is just going to have to stepup to make up for this loss."

Noteworthy: Terry McAulay and Walt Anderson are due in next week for Free Agent visits. http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/08-01/08-31-01/0831ref.jpg

Note: Someone posted this on Finheaven, and I thought it was hilarious.

Sportsuser101
03-06-2005, 12:03 PM
lol too funny

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 12:03 PM
The bottom link doesn't work...:mad:

But it is pretty funny...lol

How much did the Pats pay their refs? $3.5 million? :jk:

Crisis
03-06-2005, 12:04 PM
The bottom link doesn't work...:mad:

But it is pretty funny...lol

How much did the Pats pay their refs? $3.5 millionm? :jk:

Fixed.

Novacane
03-06-2005, 12:05 PM
:negrep: Not funny

Michael82
03-06-2005, 12:07 PM
:roflmao:

DynaPaul
03-06-2005, 12:27 PM
That's funny and sorta true. Everyone knows all the big calls always go the Patriots way.

Michael82
03-06-2005, 12:44 PM
I still can't believe that Terry McAulay was awarded the Super Bowl. What a ****ing travesty...read this and you'll understand why he didn't deserve it... http://www.provencehome.org/refsuck/annual_awards.htm

Week 16 - Bears @ Lions...With the Bears trailing 19-13 and under 2 minutes remaining, Chicago QB Chad Hutchinson hit receiver Bernard Berrian with a 43 yard touchdown pass. Initially, the pass was ruled incomplete, but with NFL officials reviewing the play, it appeared certain that the play would be overturned and Chicago would be awarded the TD. Replay clearly showed Berrian making the catch with both feet in bounds before crashing to the turf out of bounds. Yet, to the stunned disbelief of the Bears and anyone watching the replay, referee Terry McAulay declared the pass incomplete. Said McAulay, “After review, as the receiver was going to the ground on his own, the ball moved when he hit the ground. It is an incomplete pass as ruled on the field. Third down.'' The ball moved? What the hell is McAulay talking about? The receiver caught the ball in bounds and held onto the ball the entire time.

''I never lost the ball, never bobbled it,'' Berrian said. ''I had two hands on it. Once I hit the ground, I laid on my back because my knee was hurting, but I also wanted to show the ball -- that I had it.''

Week 13 - Cowboys at Seahawks: It never ceases to amaze me how the buffoons posing as NFL officials manage to outdo themselves in terms of ineptitude week after week. With Dallas trailing by 10 and under 2 minutes remaining, Cowboy QB Vinny Testaverde airs out a 34 yard pass to WR Keyshawn Johnson who makes an acrobatic catch in the back of the end zone. As Johnson falls to the ground, he touches down with one foot, but his shoulder lands out of bounds before his second foot lands in bounds. Officials rule touchdown. So where's the review? In the final two minutes of each half, coaches cannot challenge close plays. It's up to the officials to automatically review the play. Yet as the Cowboys line up for the extra point, no review. As the Cowboys line up for ensuing kickoff, no review. As ABC replays the "catch" again and again, no review from the NFL. "He was out" said announce Al Michaels, yet no review. Why have replay if the league won't enforce their own rules and use the tools at their disposal?

Mad Bomber
03-06-2005, 12:48 PM
:lmao::roflmao: Crisis:posrep:

I knew it all along! And people thought my avatar was a joke!

Michael82
03-06-2005, 01:04 PM
I guess mybills was right. This does fit perfectly...

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Patriots%20Zebra.jpg

Mr. Cynical
03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
...but as Willie McGinest states, "everybody in this lockerroom is just going to have to stepup to make up for this loss."...that is until Willie is asked to take a paycut. Then we'll see what he says. :snicker:

kwharter
03-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I would like to see the Patriots end up with a 1-15 record next year and the team dismantle because they are all has beens. I cannot stand the Patriots and I wish that they would just fold up and turn into the San Francisco 49ers. From great to the bottom of the leage.

Mr. Cynical
03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
I would like to see the Patriots end up with a 1-15 record next year and the team dismantle because they are all has beens. I cannot stand the Patriots and I wish that they would just fold up and turn into the San Francisco 49ers. From great to the bottom of the leage.:10:

:posrep:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2005, 07:40 AM
:negrep: Not funny

What the hell do you mean not funny??? That is ****** hilarious.

Negged for your lack of a sense of humor.