LJ Shelton update from a Bears fan in Arizona...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

LJ Shelton update from a Bears fan in Arizona...

as far as shelton is concerned - we are talking about arizona here, last time i checked (and i do live in tempe, az) the cards oline wasnt the greatest. Sure people around the league think he has potential but so did Dez White. We werent exactly stocked at WR and we let him go...for good reason

i read the paper and listen to the sports radio almost every day and the word around phx is that the cards are desperately tryin to get travis henry for a straight up swap with shelton but the bills aint biting. The most likely situation is that shelton will be outright cut if not traded to the bills or bears.

Why give up something for someone we can get after he is released? The cards are trying to pit the bears vs the bills to drive up his price. The cards OT signing only confirms the belief that he will be cut if not dealt.
  • Jersey1031
    • Feb 2003

great news now we can just pick shelton up, and trade henry to another suitor if truu...
    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I can't believe that Arizona wants to do an even swap and TD is calling Green's bluff. A swap of Henry for Shelton is fair IMO. but if TD thinks he can pry a draft pick out of Arizona too, sweet!

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
        I can't believe that Arizona wants to do an even swap and TD is calling Green's bluff. A swap of Henry for Shelton is fair IMO. but if TD thinks he can pry a draft pick out of Arizona too, sweet!

yea as long as this deal gets done...

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

This would be great...but all the other news out there is that Arizone is the one that doesn't want a straight up swap.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Jersey1031
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Romes
            This would be great...but all the other news out there is that Arizone is the one that doesn't want a straight up swap.

yea thats what i thought, this report is the exact opposite. im confused

Comment

• ScottLawrence
              • Jan 2004

If the Bears do sign Miller, Arizona has no trading partner for Shelton except us.

Lets hope they do sign him.
              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Sounds like wishful thinking on the poster's side.

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                  If the Bears do sign Miller, Arizona has no trading partner for Shelton except us.

Lets hope they do sign him.
                  Good point!
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

If 'Zona does release Shelton (doubtfully) we won't be getting him. One of the things about him thats great is hes only 3mil/year. On the open market, he'll be getting a little less than Jennings.
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                      If 'Zona does release Shelton (doubtfully) we won't be getting him. One of the things about him thats great is hes only 3mil/year. On the open market, he'll be getting a little less than Jennings.
                      I'm not so sure about that.

Even if they released him tomorrow, the big money is drying up. I think he would be making about the same, actually. He did loose his starting job.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                        • Jul 2002

I've wondered a couple times if Green is trying to get someone to bite on LJ before just releasing him or if he's trying to drive up interest in Shelton.

We all know TD doesn't leak anything to the media, but it's entirely possible that everything we've heard has been directly from Denny Green in order to make us or the Bears panic.

God give me style and give me grace
                        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                          I've wondered a couple times if Green is trying to get someone to bite on LJ before just releasing him or if he's trying to drive up interest in Shelton.

We all know TD doesn't leak anything to the media, but it's entirely possible that everything we've heard has been directly from Denny Green in order to make us or the Bears panic.

The GM/Team that is most vocal on these matters usually is trying to drive the price up.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

My understanding that the Cards Bills deal was submarined by the fact that Henry wants a new contract and the Cardinals want him to play cheap.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              The GM/Team that is most vocal on these matters usually is trying to drive the price up.
                              Definitely agree, and Denny is the kind of guy I'd want to play in poker.

God give me style and give me grace
                              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

Working...
                              X