PDA

View Full Version : LJ Shelton update from a Bears fan in Arizona...

Michael82
03-06-2005, 01:54 PM
as far as shelton is concerned - we are talking about arizona here, last time i checked (and i do live in tempe, az) the cards oline wasnt the greatest. Sure people around the league think he has potential but so did Dez White. We werent exactly stocked at WR and we let him go...for good reason

i read the paper and listen to the sports radio almost every day and the word around phx is that the cards are desperately tryin to get travis henry for a straight up swap with shelton but the bills aint biting. The most likely situation is that shelton will be outright cut if not traded to the bills or bears.

Why give up something for someone we can get after he is released? The cards are trying to pit the bears vs the bills to drive up his price. The cards OT signing only confirms the belief that he will be cut if not dealt.

http://www.webwaymonsters.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=51171#51171

Jersey1031
03-06-2005, 02:00 PM
great news now we can just pick shelton up, and trade henry to another suitor if truu...

Michael82
03-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I can't believe that Arizona wants to do an even swap and TD is calling Green's bluff. A swap of Henry for Shelton is fair IMO. but if TD thinks he can pry a draft pick out of Arizona too, sweet! :up:

Jersey1031
03-06-2005, 02:06 PM
I can't believe that Arizona wants to do an even swap and TD is calling Green's bluff. A swap of Henry for Shelton is fair IMO. but if TD thinks he can pry a draft pick out of Arizona too, sweet! :up:

yea as long as this deal gets done...

Romes
03-06-2005, 02:09 PM
This would be great...but all the other news out there is that Arizone is the one that doesn't want a straight up swap.

Jersey1031
03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
This would be great...but all the other news out there is that Arizone is the one that doesn't want a straight up swap.

yea thats what i thought, this report is the exact opposite. im confused

ScottLawrence
03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
If the Bears do sign Miller, Arizona has no trading partner for Shelton except us.

Lets hope they do sign him.

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 02:26 PM

Sounds like wishful thinking on the poster's side.

Romes
03-06-2005, 02:35 PM
If the Bears do sign Miller, Arizona has no trading partner for Shelton except us.

Lets hope they do sign him.

Good point!

Crisis
03-06-2005, 02:40 PM
If 'Zona does release Shelton (doubtfully) we won't be getting him. One of the things about him thats great is hes only 3mil/year. On the open market, he'll be getting a little less than Jennings.

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 03:08 PM
If 'Zona does release Shelton (doubtfully) we won't be getting him. One of the things about him thats great is hes only 3mil/year. On the open market, he'll be getting a little less than Jennings.
I'm not so sure about that.

Even if they released him tomorrow, the big money is drying up. I think he would be making about the same, actually. He did loose his starting job.

Dicknoze69
03-06-2005, 04:34 PM

I've wondered a couple times if Green is trying to get someone to bite on LJ before just releasing him or if he's trying to drive up interest in Shelton.

We all know TD doesn't leak anything to the media, but it's entirely possible that everything we've heard has been directly from Denny Green in order to make us or the Bears panic.

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 04:36 PM
I've wondered a couple times if Green is trying to get someone to bite on LJ before just releasing him or if he's trying to drive up interest in Shelton.

We all know TD doesn't leak anything to the media, but it's entirely possible that everything we've heard has been directly from Denny Green in order to make us or the Bears panic.

The GM/Team that is most vocal on these matters usually is trying to drive the price up.

TigerJ
03-06-2005, 04:46 PM
My understanding that the Cards Bills deal was submarined by the fact that Henry wants a new contract and the Cardinals want him to play cheap.

Dicknoze69
03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
The GM/Team that is most vocal on these matters usually is trying to drive the price up.

Definitely agree, and Denny is the kind of guy I'd want to play in poker.

BuffaloRanger
03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Shelton isn't even starting for the Cards in Madden 2005!! Funny, but true. Not that it matters. Madden is just used for alot.

What about Kyle Turley? He has to be a June 1st cut from the Rams. Does he have anything left after "maybe" drying up from the 'roids? He'd quickly become a fan favorite in BFLO if he played well.

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Shelton isn't even starting for the Cards in Madden 2005!! Funny, but true. Not that it matters. Madden is just used for alot.

What about Kyle Turley? He has to be a June 1st cut from the Rams. Does he have anything left after "maybe" drying up from the 'roids? He'd quickly become a fan favorite in BFLO if he played well.
His back is a complete mess

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Don't play poker with TD.

Michael82
03-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Don't play poker with TD.
EXACTLY! Dennis Green is trying to play poker with him. He's going to lose. :snicker:

mightyspaz
03-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Wow ... Has anyone else heard about other interests in henry? ... I've been on Spring break so I haven't seen a ny recent posts. I'd love to Shelton as an F.A. maybe get a good DT for Henry!

The King
03-07-2005, 09:27 AM
My concerns with this is the depth of RB in the draft poker or not, the cards are in a better situation here. Henry will not be quiet if he is a backup he will become a pain in the ass. AZ can keep Shelton and call it a day, maybe trade him for a late round pick later but they are nto desperate to acquire a RB in FA. But I agree with TD this should not be a straight up deal. Maybe trade 2nd or 3rd round picks or something. But it shouldnt be and even deal.

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
My concerns with this is the depth of RB in the draft poker or not, the cards are in a better situation here. Henry will not be quiet if he is a backup he will become a pain in the ass. AZ can keep Shelton and call it a day, maybe trade him for a late round pick later but they are nto desperate to acquire a RB in FA. But I agree with TD this should not be a straight up deal. Maybe trade 2nd or 3rd round picks or something. But it shouldnt be and even deal.
do the Cards want to eat $3 million in cap space for a guy they don't want or like?

Green wants to improve the team now. He's making moves to acquire picks/Free Agents and to jettison expensive and underutilized talent (Like Starks)

It's not if- but when and for what Green will make the Shelton deal.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Yep, I think the recent signing of Warner will spur activity in the trade of Shelton for Henry. The cards are gonna need to use their first round pick on either another receiver or an OLineman. They don't want to waste the one year deal with Warner waiting for a rookie back to develop. Watch this trade get done in the next 10 days.

Michael82
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Not just that...the top 2 or 3 RBs could be gone before the Cardinals pick. Here's my latest trade offer that I would like...

Arizona Cardinals receive Travis Henry and Buffalo's 2nd rounder
Buffalo Bills receive LJ Shelton and Arizona's 2nd rounder

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Not just that...the top 2 or 3 RBs could be gone before the Cardinals pick. Here's my latest trade offer that I would like...

Arizona Cardinals receive Travis Henry and Buffalo's 2nd rounder
Buffalo Bills receive LJ Shelton and Arizona's 2nd rounder
That deal doesn't make any sense unless it happens 15 minutes before the Cards use their 2nd pick.

The Bills get a much more expensive player AND a more expensive draft slot signing.

Michael82
03-07-2005, 10:03 AM
That deal doesn't make any sense unless it happens 15 minutes before the Cards use their 2nd pick.

The Bills get a much more expensive player AND a more expensive draft slot signing.
Oh, thats true. I was just thinking that a swap would be good, because they could get a better player. But you are right. The swaps usually happen in the draft, not before.

Okay, how about this?

Buffalo Bills receive LJ Shelton and conditional 2006 draft pick
Arizona Cardinals receive Travis Henry

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh, thats true. I was just thinking that a swap would be good, because they could get a better player. But you are right. The swaps usually happen in the draft, not before.

Okay, how about this?

Buffalo Bills receive LJ Shelton and conditional 2006 draft pick
Arizona Cardinals receive Travis Henry

There ya go....that's how it will work....will satisfy all involved that if their pickup is a waste of space they didn't lose much.