X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

HolComb Cap Hit?

What did the Backup get in his contract? 2 Mill SB and what else if anyone knows?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

4 year $6.6m $2m SB

Up to 2 mill in incentives in playing time if I remember correctly.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

4 yr., $6.6 mill with a $2 mill sb

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

He will cost less than what the Bills saved in cutting Bledsoe. So we made out with extra cash left.

Comment

• clumping platelets

His cap hit in 2005 is likely $1.165 million

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            He will cost less than what the Bills saved in cutting Bledsoe. So we made out with extra cash left.
            We also now have a full blown QB controversy.. Losman will have a shorter leash than if Bledsoe was backing him up.

If Losman starts the season with 2 or 3 loses because of his inexperience, there will be an immediate call for HolComb and his experience.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
              We also now have a full blown QB controversy.. Losman will have a shorter leash than if Bledsoe was backing him up.

If Losman starts the season with 2 or 3 loses because of his inexperience, there will be an immediate call for HolComb and his experience.

Who says Losman is still starting now?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

I don't think this will happen. Granted, I would want Holcomb in there 1,000,000 faster than I would Drew, but I still don't want JP off the field unless he is injured or is completely over his head and getting killed. Otherwise he needs to be in there.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Who says Losman is still starting now?
                  Conversely, who says he isn't?

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jan 2004

We will not have a QB controversy Losman is our #1 QB
                    His agent said his client has no problem backing up J.P. Losman.
                    www.BillsDaily.com

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Its good to have a decent QB push JP, it will just make him better, I LOVE the signing of Holcomb!!!!
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I love this signing. If JP has serious rookie problems we have a guy who can come in and lead the team. This may not be a flashy signing like some other teams have done but it may be one of the most solid signings by any team.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

The only QB controversy will be of our - or the medias' - making. The Bills are totally committed to JP. Holcomb is a nice backup, but that is all he is - a good career backup.

I know we're all kind of bored, but let's not manufacture a controversy when there is none.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ExWNYer
                            • Mar 2003

There is no QB controversy...the job is JP's to lose. Holcomb will be in if JP plays himself out of the job only. Plain and simple. That's hardly a QB controversy.
                            "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Comment

• helmetguy
                              Touch the helmet for luck
                              • Sep 2002

Holcomb was just on WGR. He said he knew the situation coming in. Further, having Mularkey and Wyche had a lot to do with coming here. He knew them from his days in Tampa bay. He said, with his experience, he understands what is expected of him in helping losman succedd and helping the Bills win some ball games. No controversy there.
                              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                              X