PDA

View Full Version : HolComb Cap Hit?

juice
03-06-2005, 02:40 PM
What did the Backup get in his contract? 2 Mill SB and what else if anyone knows?

Crisis
03-06-2005, 02:44 PM
4 year $6.6m $2m SB

Up to 2 mill in incentives in playing time if I remember correctly.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-06-2005, 02:48 PM
4 yr., $6.6 mill :$::zb: with a $2 mill :$::zb: sb

Dozerdog
03-06-2005, 03:07 PM
He will cost less than what the Bills saved in cutting Bledsoe. So we made out with extra cash left.

clumping platelets
03-06-2005, 04:21 PM
His cap hit in 2005 is likely $1.165 million

juice
03-06-2005, 05:30 PM
He will cost less than what the Bills saved in cutting Bledsoe. So we made out with extra cash left.We also now have a full blown QB controversy.. Losman will have a shorter leash than if Bledsoe was backing him up.

If Losman starts the season with 2 or 3 loses because of his inexperience, there will be an immediate call for HolComb and his experience.

DraftBoy
03-06-2005, 05:31 PM
We also now have a full blown QB controversy.. Losman will have a shorter leash than if Bledsoe was backing him up.

If Losman starts the season with 2 or 3 loses because of his inexperience, there will be an immediate call for HolComb and his experience.

Who says Losman is still starting now?

Mr. Cynical
03-06-2005, 05:34 PM
We also now have a full blown QB controversy.. Losman will have a shorter leash than if Bledsoe was backing him up.

I don't think this will happen. Granted, I would want Holcomb in there 1,000,000 faster than I would Drew, but I still don't want JP off the field unless he is injured or is completely over his head and getting killed. Otherwise he needs to be in there.

Mr. Cynical
03-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Who says Losman is still starting now?Conversely, who says he isn't?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-06-2005, 06:52 PM

We will not have a QB controversy Losman is our #1 QB
His agent said his client has no problem backing up J.P. Losman. www.BillsDaily.com

tampabay25690
03-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Its good to have a decent QB push JP, it will just make him better, I LOVE the signing of Holcomb!!!!

ArcticWildMan
03-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I love this signing. If JP has serious rookie problems we have a guy who can come in and lead the team. This may not be a flashy signing like some other teams have done but it may be one of the most solid signings by any team. :up:

Jan Reimers
03-07-2005, 06:18 AM
The only QB controversy will be of our - or the medias' - making. The Bills are totally committed to JP. Holcomb is a nice backup, but that is all he is - a good career backup.

I know we're all kind of bored, but let's not manufacture a controversy when there is none.

ExWNYer
03-07-2005, 06:56 AM

There is no QB controversy...the job is JP's to lose. Holcomb will be in if JP plays himself out of the job only. Plain and simple. That's hardly a QB controversy.

helmetguy
03-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Holcomb was just on WGR. He said he knew the situation coming in. Further, having Mularkey and Wyche had a lot to do with coming here. He knew them from his days in Tampa bay. He said, with his experience, he understands what is expected of him in helping losman succedd and helping the Bills win some ball games. No controversy there.

juice
03-07-2005, 07:31 AM
The only QB controversy will be of our - or the medias' - making. The Bills are totally committed to JP. Holcomb is a nice backup, but that is all he is - a good career backup.

I know we're all kind of bored, but let's not manufacture a controversy when there is none.The only difference between a Nice Backup and a benched Starter is an 0-3 start to the season.. If JPL struggles early you can expect the early hook.

I hope that isn't the case, but because of his lack of experience we have no Idea how fast JPL will pickup League Concepts and the ability to make intelligent decisions at the QB position.

Make no mistake about it, a storm of controversy is Brewing.

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 07:39 AM
The only difference between a Nice Backup and a benched Starter is an 0-3 start to the season.. If JPL struggles early you can expect the early hook.

I hope that isn't the case, but because of his lack of experience we have no Idea how fast JPL will pickup League Concepts and the ability to make intelligent decisions at the QB position.

your post sucks and is completely false, as stated by the coach, the gm, and holcombe himself.. and i am sure you will here more about it in his press conference soon... but at least your spewing garbage about a different topic for once.

Ebenezer
03-07-2005, 09:23 AM
His cap hit in 2005 is likely $1.165 million
any clue about Gandy?? right now, I got a 550,000 place holder with a 50K SB...much like Price's deal.

clumping platelets
03-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Minimum salaries....no info available yet for Gandy

Ebenezer
03-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Minimum salaries....no info available yet for Gandy
minimum for Gandy would be $540K, no?

clumping platelets
03-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I believe that is true

$540,000 in 2005
$545,000 in 2006

Ebenezer
03-07-2005, 09:32 AM
I believe that is true

$540,000 in 2005
$545,000 in 2006
...and '07

clumping platelets
03-07-2005, 09:47 AM
http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Extension+Features

Jan Reimers
03-07-2005, 09:56 AM
The only difference between a Nice Backup and a benched Starter is an 0-3 start to the season.. If JPL struggles early you can expect the early hook.

First, I don't understand how benching JP will help him pick up concepts, make intelligent decisions, give him confidence, or prepare him in any other way to become an NFL QB.

At some point, you have to accept some rookie mistakes, let the kid take a few lumps, and put up with some bad decisions. You only sit him down if he is hurt, a complete and absolute disaster, or totally refuses to listen to the coaches.

The Bills used a 1st round pick on JP. They are totally committed to him. Holcomb is JP's backup and fully accepts the role.

Start a QB controversy 4+ months before camp if you like. Make the great signing of a quality backup into a liability if you must. But I'll pass.

Ebenezer
03-07-2005, 10:04 AM
http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Extension+Features
no chit.

helmetguy
03-07-2005, 11:34 AM
It's gotta be his dyslexia of perception kicking in again, Jan. When has he ever made any sense to begin with?

juice
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Who says Losman is still starting now?Good Point.. Holcomb, at this point, is a better and more accomplished QB than JPL - and he may just beat JP out for the starting position.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Good Point.. Holcomb, at this point, is a better and more accomplished QB than JPL - and he may just beat JP out for the starting position.
I give up. You're right. Let's tread water for another year, or two or three, by starting a 32 year old career backup QB and letting our 1st Round draft pick languish on the bench.

Great thinking. You've convinced me. :bow:

DraftBoy
03-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Good Point.. Holcomb, at this point, is a better and more accomplished QB than JPL - and he may just beat JP out for the starting position.

Well due to the links provided here and quotes by posters by the coaches and Holcomb and his agent Id say Losman will be the starter without a doubt. Which makes me feel better, also I think Losman has a long leash as to when he gets the hook he better screw up really really bad to get yanked.