TD called Kelly Holcomb on the first day of free agency...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

TD called Kelly Holcomb on the first day of free agency...

Kelly Holcomb was on WGR550 today and he said that Donahoe called him right away on March 2nd and was the first team to call him. The Bills were very interested in signing him and that is a big reason why Holcomb is a Bill.

He also said that he knows he is here to be JP Losman's backup and his mentor and he has no problem with that. His advice to JP is to study the game film heavily, and thinks that JP is starting off perfectly by already being in Buffalo and studying film with Wyche. He said that this is how Manning got better.

He worked with Sam Wyche and Mike Mularkey at Tampa Bay and wanted to work with them again, because they are the ones who got his career started.

He also wanted to go to Buffalo and loves the fact that the Bills fans here are so die hard and knows that Buffalo is a football town.
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

That is good news....I like Holcombe. I always thought he was a decent player, and will be a great backup for us.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I think that Buffalo's location also played a positive role (for once) in getting him. I read this weekend that his daughter is in school and he's going to commute from his home in Cleveland to RWS while she finishes up.

A nice 2+ hour drive one way a day....but only until June.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            I think that Buffalo's location also played a positive role (for once) in getting him. I read this weekend that his daughter is in school and he's going to commute from his home in Cleveland to RWS while she finishes up.

A nice 2+ hour drive one way a day....but only until June.
            Oh, that's cool.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              Kelly Holcomb was on WGR550 today and he said that Donahoe called him right away on March 2nd and was the first team to call him. The Bills were very interested in signing him and that is a big reason why Holcomb is a Bill.

He also said that he knows he is here to be JP Losman's backup and his mentor and he has no problem with that. His advice to JP is to study the game film heavily, and thinks that JP is starting off perfectly by already being in Buffalo and studying film with Wyche. He said that this is how Manning got better.

He worked with Sam Wyche and Mike Mularkey at Tampa Bay and wanted to work with them again, because they are the ones who got his career started.

He also wanted to go to Buffalo and loves the fact that the Bills fans here are so die hard and knows that Buffalo is a football town.
              was he a FA from the start or did Cleveland give the heave ho after 3/1??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mightyspaz
                Short, Furry and Cold
                • Mar 2004

Awesome .. I always thought Holcombe should have started over couch ... But, I'm also glad that he understands his place and we willget the chance to develop a young QB with Losman! ... ROCK ON!
                ThE MiGhTy SpAz
                - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Best Possible scenerio I am very happy with this move.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    was he a FA from the start or did Cleveland give the heave ho after 3/1??
                    He was a free agent this year.

Holcomb's agent, Frank Bauer, continued negotiating with the Browns on Tuesday evening, but no deal was struck by midnight, meaning Holcomb became a free agent at 12:01 a.m.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

Is he supposed to have his press conference today?

Comment

• Romes
                        • Jul 2002

...and some of us were worried TD wasn't doing anything

good job TD!
                        Originally posted by paladin warrior
                        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

juice.. is a direct quote from holcombe enough for you to believe that there is no qb controvesy?

or do you think that he is lying? it is all a conspiracy right?
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            juice.. is a direct quote from holcombe enough for you to believe that there is no qb controvesy?

or do you think that he is lying? it is all a conspiracy right?
                            You mean just like the one that got all-world guard Ruben Brown tossed out of Buffalo?
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82

Great news.

Just thinking....a guy comes to the realization that after 8 years (and playing only 24 games) he is pretty much certain he is never going to be a starter for the rest of his career. That has to be very sobering. Still, he's making more coin than I ever will so I don't feel TOO bad for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X