X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Free agent Carter close to contract with 'Fins

It appears defensive lineman Kevin Carter will get his wish to play for the Dolphins.

A source said Sunday that Carter remains "very close" to agreeing to contract terms with the Dolphins. Carter would be the second defensive lineman signed by the Dolphins in free agency. The team added free agent Vonnie Holliday on Saturday.

Carter, 31, placed the Dolphins atop his wish list after recently being released by Tennessee in a salary-cap move.

A 1995 first-round draft choice from the University of Florida, Carter is attractive to the Dolphins because he can play defensive end or defensive tackle. Carter has never missed a start while playing for St. Louis (1995-2000) and Tennessee (2001-2004).

MORE
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Mm.. Alba
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Here's to Jessica...

I think Carter is a pretty cool guy. During the preseason last year, he was the only one who would come over and sign the kids footballs and jerseys. The little kids waited a long time calling for McNair and he just turned his nose up to them. After that, I've never liked McNair anymore. But Carter came over several times and signed for these kids. Mason even came over once.

I even, jokingly, told Carter that if he ever wanted to come to Buffalo, we would welcome him. He just looked at me and laughed, but I think he was happy that I said that and that he felt like we appreciated him.

And now we'll have to face him twice a year...doh!

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
        NJ In The House
        • Nov 2004

Carter Signed to Multi-year Deal...
        Posted on: 2005-03-07

[ESPN] The Dolphins reached a five-year, $30 million agreement with former Tennessee Titans defensive end Kevin Carter. Included in the deal is $8 million of guarantees in signing and option bonuses.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Great signing for Miami. Carter can play pretty much anything but NT in a 3-4 or 4-3 set. That kind of flexibility to go with his pass-rush skills makes him a good fit for what Saban likes to do on defense.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
            Great signing for Miami. Carter can play pretty much anything but NT in a 3-4 or 4-3 set. That kind of flexibility to go with his pass-rush skills makes him a good fit for what Saban likes to do on defense.
            I agree. I was hoping his love for Tennessee would let them re-sign him cheap, so we could keep him out of the division.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

they also added vonnie holiday..

they should have a good defense again.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                they also added vonnie holiday..

they should have a good defense again.
                And a crappy offense again.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                  And a crappy offense again.
                  Can't believe they aren't working on there offensive line.
                  Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                    • Aug 2004

yawn, come back to me when they do something smart. Carter will underachieve ag ain
                    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

This is a terrible signing for Miami. 6 years? 30 million? Come on. The guy had like 6 sacks last year, he is not worth it. Miami has once again overpayed for a washed up player. I'd rather have Chris Kelsay at this point.

Comment

• Brad528
                        • Sep 2004

To bad he is going to get 10 million of those 30 million dollars. Its a good contract worked out for Miami not Carter so in a couple of years we can just cut him. And to say you would rather have Kelsay is just dumb. Carter hasnt had less then 5 1/2 sacks the entire time he was with the Titans plus he hasnt missed a game in like 10 years. Only 3 in his whole career

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Miami was bidding against themselves. Overpaid. I can say with 99% certainty if TD was the Dolphins GM Carter would've came cheaper.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Brad528
                            To bad he is going to get 10 million of those 30 million dollars. Its a good contract worked out for Miami not Carter so in a couple of years we can just cut him. And to say you would rather have Kelsay is just dumb. Carter hasnt had less then 5 1/2 sacks the entire time he was with the Titans plus he hasnt missed a game in like 10 years. Only 3 in his whole career
                            Thats a terrible contract. And I as well would rather have Kelsay as well.
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

he's not even worth half that
                              Fish
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X