PDA

View Full Version : DeMulling, 7th rounder in 2001

ghz in pittsburgh
03-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Another later round one that panned out for the Colts. That's valuable 4 years for the Colts team that have to stuff the wallet of Manning, Harrison, and James.

When did the Bills have a 7th rounder that required low salary but big contributions?

If you ask what's my biggest compaint of TD, DeMulling is a good starting point.

EDS
03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, Kevin Thomas and Terrence McGee are examples of excellent second day selections made during the TD era. The jury is still out on second day selections and college free agents such as Jason Peters, Dylan McFarland, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, Jabari Greer, Justin Bannon, Rashad Baker, et al.

Similarly, street free agents like Tucker and Moorman have been brought in and become valuable contributors.

Albany,n.y.
03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Freddie Smith was a 7th who might be or PR for years.
Jay Riermesma -7th
Before draft went to 7 rounds:
Kurt Schulz 7th
Mark Maddox -9th
Marvcus Patton -8th
Jeff Wright -8th
Carlton Bailey-9th
Keith McKeller-9th
Howard Ballard -11th
Robb Riddick-9th
Will Grant-10th
Charles Romes-12
Keith Moody-10th
Roland Hooks -10th
Merv Krakau -14th
Bob Chandler-7th
James Harris-8th
Bob Kalsu-8th
I won't do the AFL only drafts before 1967 because it was too crazy, between no #s the first year to redshirt drafts.

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 02:11 PM
dylan mcfarland could still be a player.. we dont know at this point.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
When did the Bills have a 7th rounder that required low salary but big contributions?

Mike Pucillo. :liar:

ryjam282
03-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Pat Williams was undrafted.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
I apologize for not making it clear. I'm only focusing on the Donahoe era.

I give him the credit for managing the FA very well: no bust for big buck. Netted the best talent on the Bills team: Spikes.

Now on the other side of coin - it is good thing to be able to buy talent (not bust), but it is also required to pick talent on the cheap (low round draft picks) to balance out cap wise. Then you have a great team.

Look at NE, look at Pit, look at Phi. They have low round picks making major contributions. Now if you get lucky on one or two super stars, whether by high picks or free agency, we are talking about a power team in the league.

Moorman is the only one come to my mind so far. McGee needs to prove himself next year, but he's very close to be a first day draft pick.

EDS
03-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Here is a list of the second day draft picks and street free agents that TD has signed who have already made an impact for the Bills or have shown potential to be contributors:

Brian Moorman
Ross Tucker
Kevin Thomas
Terrence McGee
Jason Peters
Dylan McFarland
Sam Aiken
Josh Stamer
Jabari Greer
Justin Bannon
Rashad Baker
Freddie Smith

So basically you are talking about one pro bowler (Moorman), great secondary depth on the cheap (McGee, Thomas, Greer, Baker) and a bunch of guys for depth and some with potential to be much bigger contributors (Peters is such an example).

That is a good group if you ask me, so not sure what your concern is.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Man this guy looks like a serious goon. :eek:

http://buffalobills.com/uploads/homepage_story/D602360099E3472692D3736B5C7ABA78.jpg

Sign him now. :up:

Jersey1031
03-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Man this guy looks like a serious goon. :eek:
Sign him now. :up:

hell yea he does, you have to be scary lookin to be an olineman...i really want to sign him, think we will??

ShadowHawk7
03-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I think you should add Shaud Williams to that list.

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Another later round one that panned out for the Colts. That's valuable 4 years for the Colts team that have to stuff the wallet of Manning, Harrison, and James.

If you ask what's my biggest compaint of TD, DeMulling is a good starting point.
On the flip side, how many 7th round selections did the Colts have that didn't pan out and became the next Jarret ferguson?

Polian is one of the best to work the draft though.