X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Willis' Back-up in the draft

I think it's going to be Darrell Sproles. This guy has sleeper written all over him. He's only 5'5 but has amazing speed. He looked great in the Senior Bowl, and if he was bigger he'd be a 1st rounder. He'd be a great chance of pace back to compliment Willis. He also out-benched Cadillac by 4, and is 30 pounds less than Caddy.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • Willis!
    • Mar 2005

I'd rather have a vet.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Willis!
      I'd rather have a vet.
      Same here.
      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Depends who it is. We need someone with good speed to be our back-up, and with Sproles you're getting that. RB is probably the easiest position to transition to in the NFL (few exceptions- Ron Dayne, Curtis Enis). I think Sprolles would be just too good to pass up on in later rounds.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
          I think it's going to be Darrell Sproles. This guy has sleeper written all over him. He's only 5'5 but has amazing speed. He looked great in the Senior Bowl, and if he was bigger he'd be a 1st rounder. He'd be a great chance of pace back to compliment Willis. He also out-benched Cadillac by 4, and is 30 pounds less than Caddy.
          Sounds like Quentin Griffin

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Sproles had one of the best games I've seen out of back 2 years ago against OU. The game where they upset OU right before the national championship game. He reminded me of Barry Sanders in that game. While, I'd rather have a vet i would not mind it at all if we drafted sproles, if available, in the later rounds.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Sounds like Quentin Griffin
              He's a much better prospect than Q. Even though they are similiar.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

Depends who it is. We need someone with good speed to be our back-up, and with Sproles you're getting that. RB is probably the easiest position to transition to in the NFL (few exceptions- Ron Dayne, Curtis Enis). I think Sprolles would be just too good to pass up on in later rounds.
                Why do we need someone with speed?

Also I think guards, centers, TEs, kickers and punters are easier to transition to the NFL then RBs. Maybe even DEs.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Plus, the knock on Shaud Williams is that he is too small to take the pounding if he has to replace Willis for any significant period of time. Do we really want to go smaller?
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                    Why do we need someone with speed?

Also I think guards, centers, TEs, kickers and punters are easier to transition to the NFL then RBs. Maybe even DEs.
                    Because Willis' speed doesn't look all there right now. We need someone who can change the pace of a defense, and is the exact opposite of the Willis "grind it out" style that we run.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Plus, the knock on Shaud Williams is that he is too small to take the pounding if he has to replace Willis for any significant period of time. Do we really want to go smaller?
                      Barry Sanders was too small. Emmitt was too small.

Not saying he'll be like them, but Shaud isn't as good as Sproles. Watch some tapes of Sproles in college, and in the Senior Bowl. I was amazed at how good he was.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

Because Willis' speed doesn't look all there right now. We need someone who can change the pace of a defense, and is the exact opposite of the Willis "grind it out" style that we run.
                        Ehh.. I'm not sure. Willis runs a 4.30 40. Thats pretty damn fast. I don't think it matters whether we bring in a speed guy or a grinder. Either way its something that Willis does well. If the best player is a speed guy get him.. if the best player is a grind it out guy get him.
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                          Ehh.. I'm not sure. Willis runs a 4.30 40. Thats pretty damn fast. I don't think it matters whether we bring in a speed guy or a grinder. Either way its something that Willis does well. If the best player is a speed guy get him.. if the best player is a grind it out guy get him.
                          Willis ran that. Am I the only one that noticed his speed wasn't all there last year? Who knows if he'll get it back from that injury. Willis is a contact runner, who can take it outside too. But his speed has declined significantly since his U days.

We need someone who can change the pace of the game. I don't remember Willis making any long runs last year, other than the Seattle one. Even on that play it was wide open and he was almost caught.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Sproles unlike Williams in college loved contact, he may be small but he's powerful as hell and can knock down LB's and CB's. He was the man at KSU and is underrated if he's there in round 5 i say we gotta take him.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                              • Feb 2005

Willis ran that. Am I the only one that noticed his speed wasn't all there last year? Who knows if he'll get it back from that injury. Willis is a contact runner, who can take it outside too. But his speed has declined significantly since his U days.

We need someone who can change the pace of the game. I don't remember Willis making any long runs last year, other than the Seattle one. Even on that play it was wide open and he was almost caught.
                              He started getting it back late in the year. He doesn't look like he runs fast but as you watch him you just see him running past guys. Even if Willis did decline somewhat in his speed he is still about as equal to what Sproles ran (4.50).
                              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                              X