PDA

View Full Version : Dan Marino Say's on Inside the NFL

kgun12
12-05-2002, 08:50 PM
SO MUCH FOR ALL THOSE EXCUSSES ABOUT THE WEATHER
IT WAS JUST A GOOD BUTT KICKING !!!

Bob Costas asked the panel of the 2 Chris's and Dan, when a team comes to Miami in Sep. does 80 feel like a 100 and does going to Buffalo in Dec at 20 feel like 0 and which is harder? Dan says he thought it was harder to get use to and play in the heat than get use to and play in the cold. Both the Chris's agreed.

:gobills:

venis2k1
12-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
SO MUCH FOR ALL THOSE EXCUSSES ABOUT THE WEATHER IT WAS JUST A GOOD BUTT KICKING !!!

every day that goes by than dan is retired, i like him more and more.:banme:

MissBuffalo
12-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Every time I hear Dan talk about the Bills, he says something very positive. He ususally picks them to win. I think I'm starting to like him more too. LOL--and I thought I'd never say this, but I'm also beginning to like Deon Sanders more.

shelby
12-05-2002, 10:06 PM
Deion is a :pimp:

venis....excellent sig:up:

Dolphinatic
12-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Dan says he thought it was harder to get use to and play in the heat than get use to and play in the cold.

He also said it's easier to pass in the snow. When it starts snowing, he says, pass every single down.

Of course, he says the same think about when it's raining. And when it's sunny. And in fog. And solar eclipses.

Speaking of which, is there ever an offensive situation when Joe Theisman doesn't think you need to run play-action?

Dozerdog
12-05-2002, 11:23 PM
When the QB takes a knee?

Dolphinatic
12-05-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
When the QB takes a knee?

What an excellent time for play-action. Who'd be expecting it?

By the way, Dozerdog is responsible for the quick appearance of my (admittedly ridiculous) avatar. So thanks for that.

I also got zonebucks from the moderator.

You guys aren't so bad. Almost makes me wish you'd sneak into the playoffs after all...

...... naah.

German
12-06-2002, 12:28 AM
The fat lady didn't sing yet!
They just might sneak in.

Dolphinatic
12-06-2002, 12:33 AM
I'm pretty sure you'll need all four remaining games to do it. And if you finish on a 5-0 run, with road wins in NE and GB, you probably deserve to be in.

But the sound you'll hear during pregame warmups from here on out is the sound of a large woman humming. Do not adjust your set.

German
12-06-2002, 12:38 AM
:lol:

I can hear her already.

I know it'll be almost impossible (winning 5 straight I mean) but I'm an optimist.

And the Phins are only up by one game too. They can hear the humming too, not quite as loud as the Bills though.

Dolphinatic
12-06-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by German
And the Phins are only up by one game too. They can hear the humming too, not quite as loud as the Bills though.

True, but the Fins can afford to lose one (probably). And of course they play the Bears and Vikings. So that should leave two games, in neither of which will they be heavy underdogs. I'd expect Miami to be the slight favorite (2 points, maybe) hosting Oakland, if they play well and stay healthy on Monday.

With the season on the line, I'd rather be playing in Foxboro than Green Bay.

I'd say we're cautiously optimistic.

German
12-06-2002, 02:07 AM
I wouldn't underestimate the Bears if I were you.
That team is much better then their record shows and long overdue for a good upset win.

I still don't know what to think of the Vikings this year. They play awfull one game and good the next one. I guess we have to wait and see what kind of team shows up on game day.

Now the tougher opponents:
Playing in Foxboro at the end of December could mean the same conditions that the Phins couldn't handle last week. So the result could be very much the same.

What can I say about Oakland. I hate to break it to you (since you seem to be an o.k. guy) but I doubt that you'll have the slightest chance against that team. They were struggeling for a while but got back on track. They are my pick to make it to the SB this year.

Either way, good luck for the rest of the season.

Cntrygal
12-06-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic

You guys aren't so bad. Almost makes me wish you'd sneak into the playoffs after all...

:D Welcome to the Zone!

Phins054
12-06-2002, 09:22 AM
That team is much better then their record shows and long overdue for a good upset win.

I still don't know what to think of the Vikings this year. They play awfull one game and good the next one. I guess we have to wait and see what kind of team shows up on game day.

Now the tougher opponents:
Playing in Foxboro at the end of December could mean the same conditions that the Phins couldn't handle last week. So the result could be very much the same.

What can I say about Oakland. I hate to break it to you (since you seem to be an o.k. guy) but I doubt that you'll have the slightest chance against that team. They were struggeling for a while but got back on track. They are my pick to make it to the SB this year.

The way I see it it unfolding for the Phins...

Bears- We are a better team but the last few times we have played them especially at home, we have lost. However I think Ricky is the big factor in this game and we pull out a win at home knowing we have to get it.

Oakland- This will be a close game and we can beat the Raiders during the regular season whether we are at home or at Oakland. Its playing them in the playoffs that worry me. I think we win it by a slim margin.

MinneHaHa- If our D comes to play and can get to Culpepper I think we win this one fairly easily. If not it will be a tough one. Chris Carter should be playing in this game and I am sure that he will be anxious to visit the endzone in his old house.

New England- This one will probably be the game for all the marbles. The division and playoff seeding will be on the line same as last year. We will either be 1-2 seed after this game or we will be seed 5-6. I would hate to have to play in NE for the division but we can win there. If NEs back is to the wall I would give them the homefield edge.

Either way, good luck for the rest of the season.

Phins054
12-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Sorry...

my reply was accidentally typed into the quote...:confused:

I guess I am up to date on my stupid pills...:p:

Dolphinatic
12-06-2002, 11:22 AM

What can I say about Oakland. I hate to break it to you ... but I doubt that you'll have the slightest chance against that team.

I think if there's a surprise letdown/upset, it will be against the Vikings, not the Bears.

As for Oakland, I expect a good game (though I won't get to see it, nor for that matter the division-deciding NE one). Without Lucas, we scored points in Denver, and I expect we can score against Oakland. If the Jets can slow down the Raiders' offense out there, we can do it in Miami.

We'll go 3-1, with a chance at 4-0. At least, our chance at 4-0 is better than yours.

Ebenezer
12-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Dan says he thought it was harder to get use to and play in the heat than get use to and play in the cold. Both the Chris's agreed.

yeah, Danny won sooooo many games in the cold...:rolleyes: :squish:

Phins054
12-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

yeah, Danny won sooooo many games in the cold...:rolleyes: :squish:

Pittsburgh ain't exactly a warm weather town...

Ebenezer
12-06-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Phins054

Pittsburgh ain't exactly a warm weather town...

I'll lay odds that the Panthers rarely had a home game after Nov. 15 and that he played in snow in college less than twice. College ball is usually over before the bad weather hits and back in the early 80s most schools were done with the regular season before Nov. 15.

BFBills
12-06-2002, 04:10 PM
i didn't get any avatar or zb's when i singed up!
this is wack.