PDA

View Full Version : Demulling to visit with the Lions

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
From KFFL.com

Lions | Interested in DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:36:23 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of Mlive.com, reports the Detroit Lions plan to talk to free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts).

I gotta think Buffalo is a more attractive option team wise, but money talks I guess...

generalmills
03-07-2005, 02:57 PM
honestly I do not see this guy leaving Detroit without a contract...I hope that I am wrong and that TD might not even let him get there...but if he makes his way into Millen and Mooch territory..they will snap him up tomorrow.
The Lions have not made a free agent signing yet this year...and they are a very attractive option being that they are a team on the rise and have a very good chance of being a playoff contender in the NFC next year (that is if Harrington does not choke-and they are forced to put in Garcia-whom I believe will be signed now that Holcomb and Warner are not options) The Lions also have brand new facilities and a super bowl worthy stadium. I think they may also be more willing to pay out bigger numbers for his services.

Romes
03-07-2005, 07:09 PM
In this link it says he will also go visit the Ravens after he visits the Lions

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=149&p=2&c=358018

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I don't think the Lions will get him since they just spent a bunch of money on Pollard and Kennedy. It will be a two team race between the Ravens and the Bills and I think the Bills will land him.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't think the Lions will get him since they just spent a bunch of money on Pollard and Kennedy. It will be a two team race between the Ravens and the Bills and I think the Bills will land him.
I think the Ravens sign Vincent. I think they like to go for the mauler rather then the more even keel guy. Also Vincent is a RG which is what they need. DeMulling is a LG but he can play all 3 inside positions.

ICE74129
03-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Uh Detroit has something like 19 mill available. Yeah they will get him. So be it. Fugg the clown if a few bucks more is worth being on a loser.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I guess the Vikings will get DeMulling since they have almost $40m in cap room. Its not all about the money.

djjimkelly
03-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Bills | DeMulling Impressed After Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:25:11 -0800

Updating a previous report, according to Gregg Pastore of BuffaloBills.com, free agent OG Rick DeMulling (Colts) was impressed with the Buffalo Bills after meeting team officials Monday, March 7. "The organization is great," said DeMulling. "Everything I've seen from them [shows] they are great people." The visit to Buffalo was DeMulling's first stop since becoming a free agent and he says his agent is in the process of scheduling more visits

SoCalBillsFan
03-08-2005, 02:10 AM
I dont think the lions will be losers for long...Mooch is a good coach, and they've got a lot of young talent. I like the direction that team is heading in.

ICE74129
03-08-2005, 08:54 AM
It's not all about the money? then we will see wont we? Go to a **** team like the Lions or be an important piece that gets Buffalo into the playoffs.

His decision will show what matters most.

Michael82
03-08-2005, 09:48 AM
It's not all about the money? then we will see wont we? Go to a **** team like the Lions or be an important piece that gets Buffalo into the playoffs.

His decision will show what matters most.
That's true.

TedMock
03-08-2005, 12:00 PM
This scares me because I think the Lions are definitely headed in the right direction offensively. It really depends on how Harrington looks. They have very good young talent; Greg Jones, Charles Rogers, and Roy Williams; and they just signed a quality veteran TE in Marcus Pollard. Hopefully Buffalo made the more attractive pitch.

Iehoshua
03-08-2005, 12:04 PM
This scares me because I think the Lions are definitely headed in the right direction offensively. It really depends on how Harrington looks. They have very good young talent; Greg Jones, Charles Rogers, and Roy Williams; and they just signed a quality veteran TE in Marcus Pollard. Hopefully Buffalo made the more attractive pitch.
I've been hearing this the past 2 years. "Lions are doing great, best draft, moving forward..." Where the heck exactly are they going? I agree on paper their team has improved from year to year but 6-10 from 5-11 isn't that drastic a move to me... What, they're gonna be 7-9 next season..? I'm frightened! F the Lions. They're a joke and if Demulling signs with them, he's a joke too. Period.

TedMock
03-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I've been hearing this the past 2 years. "Lions are doing great, best draft, moving forward..." Where the heck exactly are they going? I agree on paper their team has improved from year to year but 6-10 from 5-11 isn't that drastic a move to me... What, they're gonna be 7-9 next season..? I'm frightened! F the Lions. They're a joke and if Demulling signs with them, he's a joke too. Period.

I'm not saying that we're not the better team, but YES, they have been doing the right thing for 2 very short years. Things don't typically happen overnight. Don't forget that they had a RB last season who had over 1000 yards, but was a rookie. Charles Rogers was injured, Williams, also a rookei, went through a stretch with the "drops" not to mention a few games missed with injury, and they didn't have a threat at TE. Well, Jones and Williams will most likely improve as they are no longer rookies, Rogers will be back on the field, and Harrington now has one of the best security blankets in the league with Pollard.

I still think Buffalo is much further ahead because of our young offensive talent, a great defense, and a great special teams unit. However, to say that Detroits young offense isn't attractive to an offensive lineman would be crazy.

Iehoshua
03-08-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm not saying that we're not the better team, but YES, they have been doing the right thing for 2 very short years. Things don't typically happen overnight. Don't forget that they had a RB last season who had over 1000 yards, but was a rookie. Charles Rogers was injured, Williams, also a rookei, went through a stretch with the "drops" not to mention a few games missed with injury, and they didn't have a threat at TE. Well, Jones and Williams will most likely improve as they are no longer rookies, Rogers will be back on the field, and Harrington now has one of the best security blankets in the league with Pollard.

I still think Buffalo is much further ahead because of our young offensive talent, a great defense, and a great special teams unit. However, to say that Detroits young offense isn't attractive to an offensive lineman would be crazy.
Call me crazy then. ;)
Charles Rogers has stayed hurt from the moment he was drafted. Until he can actually play he's worthless IMO. Harrington blows, with or without Rogers or Pollard. Jones is a solid back but that won't make up for the poor play of the Qb.
I wouldn't expect improvements overnight but over two seasons you'd hope to see a little more than a 1-game improvement... However, at this rate, they could go undefeated by about 2015. :D

Tatonka
03-08-2005, 12:21 PM
you guys act like the bills are much better than the lions.. neither has been in the playoffs any time this decade.

Iehoshua
03-08-2005, 12:22 PM
you guys act like the bills are much better than the lions.. neither has been in the playoffs any time this decade.
9-7 in the AFC is a helluva lot better than 6-10 in the NFCrap... Plus the Bills are MY team so I'm obviously biased.

Romes
03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
This is not good news for us...

Offensive guard Rick DeMulling is going to visit the Detroit Lions tonight after visiting the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. His agent, Ken Staninger, hasn't spoken with the Baltimore Ravens since Saturday when he discussed the Indianapolis' Colts' free agent with Ravens director of pro personnel George Kokinis. No deal is imminent with any team although Detroit is likely to pay a high price considering they were willing to match the Dallas Cowboys' $9 million bonus for guard Marco Rivera.

http://ravens.scout.com/2/358210.html

Iehoshua
03-08-2005, 12:24 PM
This is not good news for us...

http://ravens.scout.com/2/358210.html
Let him go there, get his payday, and rot.
:bigwave:

Dicknoze69
03-08-2005, 12:26 PM

When Harrington looks good and Rogers can play more than a game during the regular season, let me know.

Money does talk however, and I wouldn't be surprised to see DeMulling sign there.

Iehoshua
03-08-2005, 12:27 PM
When Harrington looks good and Rogers can play more than a game during the regular season, let me know.
My point exactly.

Money does talk however, and I wouldn't be surprised to see DeMulling sign there.
See my previous post.