PDA

View Full Version : Another Wasted Dolphin Pick

Crisis
03-07-2005, 03:03 PM
:rofl:

Failed his physical.

Jeff1220
03-07-2005, 03:05 PM
So, will some other sucker of a team sign this guy?

Jan Reimers
03-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Was his head so big from HGH that his neck could no longer support it?

Jeff1220
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
So, will some other sucker of a team sign this guy?

Or here's a better question:
How many people will now post, "Should we be looking at Boston as the 3rd reciever?"

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
How many people will now post, "Should we be looking at Boston as the 3rd reciever?"
I was wondering the same thing. Who will be the 1st to make that post?

Bill Brasky
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM

:lol: :posrep:

SoCalBillsFan
03-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Jeff beat me to it!

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2005, 03:13 PM
What pick did Miami give up for him?

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 03:14 PM
What pick did Miami give up for him?
6th round pick and Jamar Fletcher (there 1st round pick a few years back from Wisconsin). I remember how they were touting Fletcher to be great. Saying he shut down Chambers and Evans in practice lol.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Bottom line: The Dolphins FO just don't have a clue WTF they're doing. :rofl:

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Bottom line: The Dolphins FO just don't have a clue WTF they're doing. :rofl:
Maybe they should hire Dan Marino..

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
The sad thing is...I can't imagine that he does not land on his feet this season...too many front offices still think he is a great WR.

As far as the possibility of him coming here...NO THANK YOU!

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
it was a small risk for a big reward..

a 6th round pick for a guy that is a 1600 yard receiver..

they lost a 6th rounder and a 1st round bust..

i hate the guy, but it is not loss to them.

ShadowHawk7
03-07-2005, 04:53 PM

So.. Should we consider making this guy our third WR? :question:

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 04:57 PM
By now he should be 'roided up enough to be our LT

Nublar7
03-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Bottom line: The Dolphins FO just don't have a clue WTF they're doing. :rofl:You do realize that was the Wanny crew that did the trade right? Saban is now in charge, so the FO is not clueless anymore.

cordog
03-07-2005, 10:29 PM
You do realize that was the Wanny crew that did the trade right? Saban is now in charger, so the FO is not clueless anymore.

Because they handed the reigns to a college coach? It worked out well for the Browns.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 10:32 PM
You do realize that was the Wanny crew that did the trade right? Saban is now in charger, so the FO is not clueless anymore.
? What has Nick Saban shown that makes you think your FO is no longer clueless? He knows football but I doubt he knows which players to keep and get rid of in order to stay under the cap.

Nublar7
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
? What has Nick Saban shown that makes you think your FO is no longer clueless? He knows football but I doubt he knows which players to keep and get rid of in order to stay under the cap.Want to talk clueless? Your the person spreading the "Jason Taylor to be traded rumors" while it is obvious that can't happen because of the huge cap hit.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Want to talk clueless? Your the person spreading the "Jason Taylor to be traded rumors" while it is obvious that can't happen because of the huge cap hit.
So your going to compare a football teams front office to a fan? Wow.

And I don't think he'll be traded but he's been shopped around. I'm sure it would take a good chunk for the Fish to eat his contract in order to pull the trigger on a deal.

So again.. what is your answer? What has Nick Saban shown that makes you think your FO is no longer clueless?

Nublar7
03-07-2005, 10:49 PM
So your going to compare a football teams front office to a fan? Wow.

And I don't think he'll be traded but he's been shopped around. I'm sure it would take a good chunk for the Fish to eat his contract in order to pull the trigger on a deal.

So again.. what is your answer? What has Nick Saban shown that makes you think your FO is no longer clueless?Ok, he has got many of the players(Seau, McIntosh, Tim Bowens, Chester) to take huge paycuts, and the players that didn't he just released them and didn't take their crap. Would Wanny have done that? Nope, he would have backed down and took the big cap hit. A clueless FO does not put together a great coaching staff like Saban did.

Also, back to you for a second. You keep saying that JT is getting shopped, BUT what are your sources? Invisible friend? Your cousin's roomate's brother's girlfriend's sister's brother's friend's dad?

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Ok, he has got many of the players(Seau, McIntosh, Tim Bowens, Chester) to take huge paycuts, and the players that didn't he just released them and didn't take their crap. Would Wanny have done that? Nope, he would have backed down and took the big cap hit. A clueless FO does not put together a great coaching staff like Saban did.

Also, back to you for a second. You keep saying that JT is getting shopped, BUT what are your sources? Invisible friend? Your cousin's roomate's brother's girlfriend's sister's brother's friend's dad?
Umm.. those players had to take paycuts or they were gone. Didn't have much of a choice. So again I'll ask you what has he done?

I don't have a source I have a friend and frankly I could care less if you don't believe me. I did it as a favor for someone otherwise I would have kept it to myself.

Nublar7
03-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Umm.. those players had to take paycuts or they were gone. Didn't have much of a choice. So again I'll ask you what has he done?

I don't have a source I have a friend and frankly I could care less if you don't believe me. I did it as a favor for someone otherwise I would have kept it to myself.Um, the part that he got them to take paycuts is a pretty big deal. Did I mention that he put together a great staff? Oh I did, you just didn't take time to respond to that.

Also, if it isn't too much trouble. What does your friend do? How would he know? Please, I am really interested in your friend the NFL source.

cordog
03-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Did I mention that he put together a great staff? Oh I did, you just didn't take time to respond to that.

Thats what a coach is suppose to do. Doesnt mean he can make great FO decisions.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Um, the part that he got them to take paycuts is a pretty big deal. Did I mention that he put together a great staff? Oh I did, you just didn't take time to respond to that.

Also, if it isn't too much trouble. What does your friend do? How would he know? Please, I am really interested in your friend the NFL source.
Umm.. Wanny could have done the same thing. Not a big deal.

Wait your joking right? He put together a great staff? So wait you got the offensive coordinator of the team that had Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper correct? There was a reason he didn't get a head coaching job. And now you get Smith to be your defensive coordinator? Well I mean he was a LB coach for the great Lions defense. I mean he really got the talent out of those Detroit LBs. Your ST coach was there. Ok Houck.. wow you got a decent offensive line coach. Who couldn't teach Larry Brown, Mark Stepnoski, Mark Tuiniu and Erik Williams how to block? So he has 1 good year where he actually did something, last year with the Chargers, and you guys jump all over him like he's gold. What a joke.. its a decent staff but alot of coaches can put together better staffs.

As for my friend.. its none of your damn business. Frankly I could care less if you believe me or not. I did it as a favor. Don't like it? Too bad.

Nublar7
03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
As for my friend.. its none of your damn business. Frankly I could care less if you believe me or not. I did it as a favor. Don't like it? Too bad.To state a rumor then say it is none of my buisness to ask about the source is like saying you spent a wonderful night with Natalie Portman and then I ask for details and you say "None of your buisness". You brought the subject up, the least you can do is make it somewhat credible.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 11:16 PM
To state a rumor then say it is none of my buisness to ask about the source is like saying you spent a wonderful night with Natalie Portman and then I ask for details and you say "None of your buisness". You brought the subject up, the least you can do is make it somewhat credible.
I told you I did it as a favor. If you don't like it too bad.

Nublar7
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I told you I did it as a favor. If you don't like it too bad.Sorry man, but I don't believe you. I just think you are looking for attention. Just my opinion, if you don't like it too bad.

I am out Bills fans. I am getting too wired up and need to calm down. See you all later. :)

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry man, but I don't believe you. I just think you are looking for attention. Just my opinion, if you don't like it too bad.

I am out Bills fans. I am getting too wired up and need to calm down. See you all later. :)
I don't expect you to believe me.

At least you can admit that your FO hasn't done anything.

Samphin1
03-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Umm.. Wanny could have done the same thing. Not a big deal.

Wait your joking right? He put together a great staff? So wait you got the offensive coordinator of the team that had Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper correct? There was a reason he didn't get a head coaching job. And now you get Smith to be your defensive coordinator? Well I mean he was a LB coach for the great Lions defense. I mean he really got the talent out of those Detroit LBs. Your ST coach was there. Ok Houck.. wow you got a decent offensive line coach. Who couldn't teach Larry Brown, Mark Stepnoski, Mark Tuiniu and Erik Williams how to block? So he has 1 good year where he actually did something, last year with the Chargers, and you guys jump all over him like he's gold. What a joke.. its a decent staff but alot of coaches can put together better staffs.

As for my friend.. its none of your damn business. Frankly I could care less if you believe me or not. I did it as a favor. Don't like it? Too bad.

This is interesting because you challenge Dolphin fans to come up with reasons for why we think it is no longer a clueless FO and when he does, you chastise him for it. Earlier, someone on here was saying something to the effect that fan's don't know what they are talking about. I would tend to agree with that in regards to your post.

Not trading away picks for pricey veterans is something Saban has done. Signing players that are versatile enough to switch to different schemes is what Saban has done. Cutting players that were overpriced and underperforming is what Saban has done. Letting players go who think they were better than they are ( Greenwood ) is what Saban has done. Keeping the good players from the past regime(s) is what Saban has done. Granted, it is too early to judge him, no games have been played, but then again, it is too early to ask what he has done either.

Michael82
03-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Because they handed the reigns to a college coach? It worked out well for the Browns.
And the Redskins. :lol:

Sportsuser101
03-08-2005, 10:50 AM
This is interesting because you challenge Dolphin fans to come up with reasons for why we think it is no longer a clueless FO and when he does, you chastise him for it. Earlier, someone on here was saying something to the effect that fan's don't know what they are talking about. I would tend to agree with that in regards to your post.

Not trading away picks for pricey veterans is something Saban has done. Signing players that are versatile enough to switch to different schemes is what Saban has done. Cutting players that were overpriced and underperforming is what Saban has done. Letting players go who think they were better than they are ( Greenwood ) is what Saban has done. Keeping the good players from the past regime(s) is what Saban has done. Granted, it is too early to judge him, no games have been played, but then again, it is too early to ask what he has done either.
I can come up reasons for why Ron Edwards should have been in the probowl last year as well. Doesn't mean its true. Just because the guy came up reasons why the FO is not clueless doesn't mean he's right. He came up with some weak points (2 obvious things that every coach would do).

Not trading away picks for pricey vets? Why would he do that? How is that a reason? Romeo Crennel staff hasn't done that either. Mike Nolan staff hasn't done that either.

Do you really think any coach would have given Greenwood that type of money? That was a stupid contract by the Texans. Dolphins couldn't afford him either way they had a couple decent backups so it wasn't a big loss.

Keeping the good players? Umm.. Surtain is on the block and JT has been shopped around. I guess you don't consider them good players.

I was talking about the FO not what they have done on the field. IMO they are still clueless. They failed to address there o-line and they signed Carter (who while I think will be a nice fit in the defense) to a huge contract for an older declining player.

Samphin1
03-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I can come up reasons for why Ron Edwards should have been in the probowl last year as well. Doesn't mean its true. Just because the guy came up reasons why the FO is not clueless doesn't mean he's right. He came up with some weak points (2 obvious things that every coach would do).
I would say identifying weak spots and addressing them shows that you are competent. signing players that fit the type of systme you want to run shows some brains don't you think?

Not trading away picks for pricey vets? Why would he do that? How is that a reason? Romeo Crennel staff hasn't done that either. Mike Nolan staff hasn't done that either. Dave Wannstedt did it. He did it virtually every year in fact. He was stupid and was finally fired. Your organization did it for Bledsoe. That was stupid. Finally, you seemingly have corrected that mistake. Nick Saban has yet to do that. Big difference for us Miami fans. It show he is serious about getting younger, cheaper talent as opposed to trading the farm away for a name. That is why it is a reason. Crennel and Nolan have no bearing on the conversation. But as ti is, those tow haven't done anything to lead me to bleieve that they won't be bad coaches either. In fact, I really like the hiring of both.

Do you really think any coach would have given Greenwood that type of money? That was a stupid contract by the Texans. Dolphins couldn't afford him either way they had a couple decent backups so it wasn't a big loss. Yes, I do believe a coach would sign him to that big of a contract. His name is Dom Capers. Again, Saban recognized that the players behind Greenwood could offer similar production for cheaper, therefore, they let him walk. Sounds like a competant, good judgement type of guy to me.

Keeping the good players? Umm.. Surtain is on the block and JT has been shopped around. I guess you don't consider them good players.

I was talking about the FO not what they have done on the field. IMO they are still clueless. They failed to address there o-line and they signed Carter (who while I think will be a nice fit in the defense) to a huge contract for an older declining player.

First of all, Taylor has not been shopped. The fact that you believe PFT as a credible source is laughable. Perhaps in your dream world Miami has been actively shopping JT, but in reality, he is the foundation of the defense.

Surtian has been shopped. However, there are legitmate reasons why. First of all, he is going into the last year of his contract and will not be able to be resigned next year. It is better to get something for him rather than nothing. Seocndly, Surtain asked for a trade, we allowed him to pursue it. Thirdly, we have an extremely talented CB behind him by the name of Will Poole. He is cheaper and can come in for Surtain with minimal dropoff. All of that makes for good reasons to trade Patrick, assuming the price is right as well.

As for the O-line, we have addressed it. The biggest weakness was the coach. Enter Hudson Houck, who is regarding throughout the NFL as a great oline coach. He should be able to make this group better just by his teachings. Also, the draft is still to come. Assuming some pick are picked up for Surtain, Konrad and/or Zgonina, we might take a shot at a C or G. It is too early to tell at this point however.

Again, the Carter contract looks more expensive than it really is. Saban has done a great job so far assmebling a top of the line staff and getting the players he has been targeting. The results on the field will be what counts, but since you are insistant on judging him now, I would give him a solid b to b+.

Sportsuser101
03-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I would say identifying weak spots and addressing them shows that you are competent. signing players that fit the type of systme you want to run shows some brains don't you think?
Dave Wannstedt did it. He did it virtually every year in fact. He was stupid and was finally fired. Your organization did it for Bledsoe. That was stupid. Finally, you seemingly have corrected that mistake. Nick Saban has yet to do that. Big difference for us Miami fans. It show he is serious about getting younger, cheaper talent as opposed to trading the farm away for a name. That is why it is a reason. Crennel and Nolan have no bearing on the conversation. But as ti is, those tow haven't done anything to lead me to bleieve that they won't be bad coaches either. In fact, I really like the hiring of both.
Yes, I do believe a coach would sign him to that big of a contract. His name is Dom Capers. Again, Saban recognized that the players behind Greenwood could offer similar production for cheaper, therefore, they let him walk. Sounds like a competant, good judgement type of guy to me.

First of all, Taylor has not been shopped. The fact that you believe PFT as a credible source is laughable. Perhaps in your dream world Miami has been actively shopping JT, but in reality, he is the foundation of the defense.

Surtian has been shopped. However, there are legitmate reasons why. First of all, he is going into the last year of his contract and will not be able to be resigned next year. It is better to get something for him rather than nothing. Seocndly, Surtain asked for a trade, we allowed him to pursue it. Thirdly, we have an extremely talented CB behind him by the name of Will Poole. He is cheaper and can come in for Surtain with minimal dropoff. All of that makes for good reasons to trade Patrick, assuming the price is right as well.

As for the O-line, we have addressed it. The biggest weakness was the coach. Enter Hudson Houck, who is regarding throughout the NFL as a great oline coach. He should be able to make this group better just by his teachings. Also, the draft is still to come. Assuming some pick are picked up for Surtain, Konrad and/or Zgonina, we might take a shot at a C or G. It is too early to tell at this point however.

Again, the Carter contract looks more expensive than it really is. Saban has done a great job so far assmebling a top of the line staff and getting the players he has been targeting. The results on the field will be what counts, but since you are insistant on judging him now, I would give him a solid b to b+.
I don't feel like reading your novel but in short I don't read PFT so thats not where I got it from. In fact I was saying JT was on the trading block way before that article came out.

feelthepain
03-10-2005, 07:01 AM
I don't feel like reading your novel but in short I don't read PFT so thats not where I got it from. In fact I was saying JT was on the trading block way before that article came out.

There isn't a player in the league thats safe from trade... if the price is right. Thats a pretty bold statement on your part. I don't know who your source is, but he's/she/it's clueless about JT. But then this whole thread is about people saying things and they really don't know what they are talikng about. Anyone that thinks Saban doesn't know what he's doing and/or thinks he doesn't know how to put a coaching staff together and win football games at any level,well they are just in denial. I can tell by the lack of respect Bill fans give Saban they are in for a rude awakening. There is no one more diligent or thorough then Saban. The man just wins, everywhere he's been and Miami will be no different. For all those on here saying "Yeah, Spurrier did a great job or B.Davis sure made the Browns look good". Whatever, How many HC's in the league throughout the years have come from the college ranks? That argument is stupid. But I guess when your scared you say and do anything to calm your nerves.