PDA

View Full Version : Peerless to be cut?

Jeff1220
03-07-2005, 03:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insidedishutahssmithansw&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Don't be surprised if the Falcons cut WR Peerless Price this offseason. Price has not played up to the big contract the Falcons gave him when he was acquired from the Bills two years ago, and Price's attitude has not endeared him to teammates and coaches. There is a school of thought that says eliminating Price would be addition by subtraction. Cutting him would not come without a price, however. If the Falcons let him go after June 1, they would take cap hits of $1.7 million this season and $5.7 million in 2006. Cutting him before then would cost the team a whopping $7.4 million in cap space in 2005, or $3.8 million more than keeping him would cost. If the Falcons retain Price, he will have been saved by his contract. . .

And to think, we got Willis for this guy. :funny:

Romes
03-07-2005, 03:13 PM
:roflmao:

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2005, 03:14 PM
:snicker:

:hail:TD

Jan Reimers
03-07-2005, 03:14 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insidedishutahssmithansw&prov=tsn&type=lgns

One of TD's Great moves.

Romes
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
in the remote chance he is cut lets bring him in as a 3rd WR. :ontome:

Forward_Lateral
03-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I'd take him back for the vet minimum.

Mudflap1
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I'd bring him back for the right price (no pun intended). The 'ol Alvin Harper Syndrome strikes again!

Any other June 1st cut possibilities out there that anybody knows of?

Jon

Jeff1220
03-07-2005, 03:20 PM

:rofl: See my post in the Boston thread.

Bulldog
03-07-2005, 03:21 PM

Maybe he'll go to Dallas to revive his career along with Bledsoe? :dance:

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 03:21 PM
that would be so funny to see him come back, and now he is 3rd string because he is not as good as evans.

generalmills
03-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I think Peerless was put into a horrible situation in Atlanta...
1. I do not think he is/was capable of being the dominant reciever on his own that the falcons seemed to think that he could be. Price is a great number 2 reciever who can play against the #2 corner on any team in the league but when he is left on his own..he becomes silent and cannot beat his man.
2. Vick does not throw the ball..Price was never really given a shot to catch 100 plus ball a year because that is just not the style of offense that the Falcons play when Vick is in the pocket.

I think that if Price can find himself in a better situation with a strong reciever on the other side of the field to compliment his abilities he will be able to put up the numbers that he did in buffalo. I can see him in a Vikes uniform next season with all the extra cash they seem to have around. He is a very good player and will probably make the Falcons look stupid again!

Mudflap1
03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Or the Bears...

Jon

The King
03-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Maybe he'll go to Dallas to revive his career along with Bledsoe? :dance:

Bledsoe to Price always worked.

Jersey1031
03-07-2005, 04:17 PM

without a doubt, i loved him when he was in buffalo. everyone knew he could never be a #1 receiver...

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
I bet he'll go to the Cowboys if he's willing to take less money.

kgun12
03-07-2005, 04:47 PM
I think Peerless was put into a horrible situation in Atlanta...
1. I do not think he is/was capable of being the dominant reciever on his own that the falcons seemed to think that he could be. Price is a great number 2 reciever who can play against the #2 corner on any team in the league but when he is left on his own..he becomes silent and cannot beat his man.
2. Vick does not throw the ball..Price was never really given a shot to catch 100 plus ball a year because that is just not the style of offense that the Falcons play when Vick is in the pocket.

I think that if Price can find himself in a better situation with a strong reciever on the other side of the field to compliment his abilities he will be able to put up the numbers that he did in buffalo. I can see him in a Vikes uniform next season with all the extra cash they seem to have around. He is a very good player and will probably make the Falcons look stupid again!

Price put himself in the situation! He was good in his roll here and that's where he sould have stayed. We debated this forever and it looks like all that said he was nothing more than a good #2 were right! I don't feel sorry for him in the least. He made his arrogant bed now he can lay in it! :cry:

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 05:00 PM
He's not going to get cut.

Because how the Salary & bonus was structured, he counts something like $2.5 million vs the cap this year on the roster, and almost $7 million off the roster. They would have to come up with an additional $5 million in cap space just to let him go.

SoCalBillsFan
03-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree dozer...but the other side of it is if they cut him, he counts nothing against the cap next year right? Not saying I would make that decision, but maybe they will eat the whole thing this year and thenhave less dead cap next year.

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 05:37 PM
If they had the space this season I'd tell the Falcons to go for it. But they don't- and I'm not sure they want to sacrefice a player just to ditch him.

If I were Atlanta, I'd keep him for 1 more year...maybe bend over backwards coming up with plays to inflate his stats. Maybe at the end of games in garbage time.

Then either trade him (like the Skins did with Coles) or cut him loose. You never know what will happen if they keep him- they might even get a bust out season.